Shooting friendly tripwire bombs...

Cope2300
19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Any specific reason why my team keeps shooting my tripwire bombs?? Trying to kill 20 differnt ppl with them....pretty annoing 3 games in a row :( Cant ppl see difference between red and blue? Or just Think its funny?

Comments

• oddgurrl
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Cope2300 wrote: »
    Any specific reason why my team keeps shooting my tripwire bombs?? Trying to kill 20 differnt ppl with them....pretty annoing 3 games in a row :( Cant ppl see difference between red and blue? Or just Think its funny?

If you are playing hardcore your tripwire bombs will kill your friendlies if i am not mistaken. That may be why they are doing that. If not I am at a loss.
  • bmatazz
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ^^^^^^^ this r people don’t think and just shoot them.
  • doctim2
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I also think it’s really stupid that you can take damage from your own tripwire bombs.
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People probably think they are enemy ones (they are that stupid). Anyway there’s easier ways to get those kills!
  • CanonFodder23
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Where are you placing them? If it's near a choke point/crowded area then friendlies could shoot them deliberately, as they can be triggered by an enemy grenade/bullet. This could be a reason beyond people not knowing the difference/being idiots (although these last two are more likely).
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    oddgurrl wrote: »

If you are playing hardcore your tripwire bombs will kill your friendlies if i am not mistaken. That may be why they are doing that. If not I am at a loss.

They kill friendlies in normal mode to. Kids just being dumb.
  • oddgurrl
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Learn somethin new everyday. :)
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It definitely hurts the one who set it. Not sure on others. Have had trolls do it to me.
  • DankDope99
    541 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

You can't friendly fire in normal mode unless it's a custom server, therefore the only way it can kill a friendly is if he kills himself with it
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DankDope99 wrote: »

You can't friendly fire in normal mode unless it's a custom server, therefore the only way it can kill a friendly is if he kills himself with it
    No. If an enemy shoots it then you can take damage too.
  • Ronin9572
    815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Where are you placing them? If it's near a choke point/crowded area then friendlies could shoot them deliberately, as they can be triggered by an enemy grenade/bullet. This could be a reason beyond people not knowing the difference/being idiots (although these last two are more likely).

I'll admit I shoot them when idiot snipers on my team put them in small rooms or choke points. Get tired of being weakened or killed because some weenie is trying to boost his stats or doesn't know they can hurt his own team mates when others shoot or throw explosives in to clear rooms
  • kampkaos_420_
    edited November 2017
    It definitely hurts the one who set it. Not sure on others. Have had trolls do it to me.
    DankDope99 wrote: »

Wrong. If i place a tripwire and a teammate shoots it, It will harm me. Friendly fire :wink:

Just like standing on AA, or if I place mines and drive close as a teammate shoots them it huts me.
  • dreadpiratedylan
    64 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i have had a similar problem with AT mines, i put some down and found a position to ambush an approaching tank,
    but then someone on my side ran up, destroyed my mines and planted their own.

i guess in this case they wanted the kill and didn't have the wit or wisdom to work as a team.
    and i have since wondered how often this kind of thing happens.

there seem to be players who will sabotage their own side ( destroying friendly mines medic/support crates ) getting in your way because they want to use the AA guns and in one case when i was in a windmill scouting, friendlys came in forced me out and took up that position ( that time i was so annoyed i came back with AT rockets and blew their little love nest up )

if i see enemy mines i clear them ( its amazing how many people dont do this ) but not friendlys, even if they might do me some damage its more likely to damage the enemy.

friendly mines are easy to spot and avoid, you can also use them by trying to lure the enemy into them, you might not get the kill but this is a team game.

isnt it?
  • sfreeman73
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    To be fair to the blueberries some times the blue icon doesn't show or can be faint so in the middle of battle they might just see it and not even think what team it belongs to.

On a side note I think it's wrong that scouts only get one because every other class gets multiple explosive gadgets (except the limpet but even that self replenishs) it's almost as if the Devs went hum scouts/snippers are hated so let's give them the lowest DPS weapons (including arguably the worst 2 weapons in game) also lets give them some of the most useless gadgets to
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sfreeman73 wrote: »
    To be fair to the blueberries some times the blue icon doesn't show or can be faint so in the middle of battle they might just see it and not even think what team it belongs to.

On a side note I think it's wrong that scouts only get one because every other class gets multiple explosive gadgets (except the limpet but even that self replenishs) it's almost as if the Devs went hum scouts/snippers are hated so let's give them the lowest DPS weapons (including arguably the worst 2 weapons in game) also lets give them some of the most useless gadgets to
    which two weapons are you thinking about? I'm maining scout but haven't tried all the weapons yet, just want to know which ones I'll have to steel myself to use.
  • sfreeman73
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

which two weapons are you thinking about? I'm maining scout but haven't tried all the weapons yet, just want to know which ones I'll have to steel myself to use.

First there's the M1903 experimental ok it's fun and satisfying to use but statically it's beyond bad even the frommer stop can out shoot it and second is the Russian 1895 trench which is basically and slr that's just woke up after a night on the lash with the worst hangover in the history of hangovers. I was going to ad the kolibri to the list but although you need to be lvl 10 scout to unlock it can be used across classes
  • fisknyllet17

First there's the M1903 experimental ok it's fun and satisfying to use but statically it's beyond bad even the frommer stop can out shoot it and second is the Russian 1895 trench which is basically and slr that's just woke up after a night on the lash with the worst hangover in the history of hangovers. I was going to ad the kolibri to the list but although you need to be lvl 10 scout to unlock it can be used across classes
    Gotcha. Well I actually like them both but haven't used them as much as I'd like. Working on the m1903 sniper now. God I hate it.
  • ahxe45
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Most of the time I have seen people do it so they can plant their own and get the kill instead of you, just like I have seen people blow up my ammo or medic crates so they can put their own down and get the points. I will blow up friendly tank mines on occasion when I am in a tank and a teammate plants them right where I am sitting at a choke point or something. I have been killed too many times by friendly mines placed in stupid locations when an enemy player throws a grenade and blows up the mines and me.
  • PackersDK
    697 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'll admit shooting them (goes for c4 aswell) if put down a stupid place. By stupid I mean dangerous to teammates.

• CanonFodder23
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 wrote: »

I'll admit I shoot them when idiot snipers on my team put them in small rooms or choke points. Get tired of being weakened or killed because some weenie is trying to boost his stats or doesn't know they can hurt his own team mates when others shoot or throw explosives in to clear rooms

This happens a lot if you play Supply Drop. For some reason players put down a tripwire right next to the drop, and because supply drops are a magnet for mortar rounds, it becomes hazardous to capture them. I've been killed to many times by mortar rounds triggering a tripwire that I now shoot them if I see them in the drop zone.