Bring Back 40-Player Operations!

Comments

• ronybaloney
    339 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    40 man Ops was much better. 64 is a cluster..................! Sadly wont be playing this game mode anymore.
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    40 man Ops was much better. 64 is a cluster..................! Sadly wont be playing this game mode anymore.

Bye.
  • CONVEEEN
    172 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    now OP are in the browser so there can set some 40 on it too. I mean 70% of Operations empty anyway.... (Europe)
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't perticularly like Operations but then again I never did play many 40 man games. If it was me I'd first add Operations in the browser then after seeing how that panned out I'd pull one if that had to be done.
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah, 64 player Ops is too chaotic to actually be fun for very long. Much preferred 40. Felt more like I could have an effect on the matches instead of getting either bogged down or steamrolled if on a bad team.
  • buddyboy911
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I actually have been getting in much smaller operations and one side with much less players since the change. Harder to get a good match going
  • BaconRebellion
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I actually have been getting in much smaller operations and one side with much less players since the change. Harder to get a good match going

I feel like there aren't many even playing the game mode now. I rarely see close to full lobbies in the server browser. If I do its usully only 2-3 near full servers 60/64 etc.

As I said theyre not gonna be able to force or get those that played 40p ops to play 64p. Theyve either all left the game or are playing a different mode that suits their need. Ive not played any operations since they remove 40p.
  • patmontana
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I feel like there aren't many even playing the game mode now. I rarely see close to full lobbies in the server browser. If I do its usully only 2-3 near full servers 60/64 etc.

As I said theyre not gonna be able to force or get those that played 40p ops to play 64p. Theyve either all left the game or are playing a different mode that suits their need. Ive not played any operations since they remove 40p.

I havnt touched bf1 since the removal of 40 men ops. Will not go back until they bring it back or until they add operations to the rent a server program.
  • MarxistDictator
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I miss 40p this last monthish of BF1 has been definitely the low point for me. Sloppy gameplay and you're stuck in spam festivals if you want to play Operations. I don't have anything against 64p or those who play it but it's just not fun all the time if you're the type who wants a little strategy with your game. Or maybe just not having 9 snipers spamming one hit kill rounds your way while dodging a hail of grenades. That would be nice.

I miss having an impact on the game as one player, your contribution is drowned out in 64p to the point where you're either on the team that's stomping the other or you're on the one that's getting stomped. Very little if any in between.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well in a way we still have 40 player operations or even less, last week when playing the Iron wall operation the first stage was very sparsely populated it was hard to find the defenders with a very inactive kill feed. Second stage the few defenders that where there quite the game, I switched teams to keep the game going and the new round to actually start, but had to leave seeing the match maker put no new players on the defenders side after some time.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2017
    You just want to push the DICE dev team into a full crowded Japanese metrocarriage in Tokio to let them feel what most 64p matches are on the too small and tight maps.

Maybe DICE wants to get hugged so bad they mistakingly, subconsioucly, make these awful design decisions.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    patmontana wrote: »

I havnt touched bf1 since the removal of 40 men ops. Will not go back until they bring it back or until they add operations to the rent a server program.

I'm sure your protest has been noticed by DICE, and a board meeting has been scheduled to address it.
  • Parasiten79
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just bring it back please
  • BaconRebellion
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just bring it back please

They need to
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If they would have made 40 player Operations a 10 man start or fixed the 60 second countdown bug that prevented the matches from starting short on players it wouldn't have been so hard to fill 40 player. Their metrics were bogus because it was so hard to get a match started without twenty people
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    I am glad to see this thread is still alive. The change has been simply devastating to my squad's ongoing fun with the game - and I hate that because I have really, really enjoyed BF1. We have always rotated back and forth between rush and operations (and frontlines as more and more maps come online) - but as SO many people have said on here 64p operations is just too much to handle after you get over the spectacle of it. The point has been made - adding the server browser was probably only fix that was needed, but the double-whammy removal of 40p had reverse effect on Operations crowd. Kind of a one step forward, two steps back sort of deal.

DICE - Please, please bring back 40p Operations as part of second November update! And (we?) I cringe at the thought of the Turning Tides DLC coming out next month and the Gallipoli operation only being available in 64p!?!?!

:)

P.S. - Why is 40p ideal for Frontlines and not Operations? It is essentially the same battle space / sector within a map that players are contesting.
  • i_Goof_i
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ameriken05 wrote: »
    I am glad to see this thread is still alive. The change has been simply devastating to my squad's ongoing fun with the game - and I hate that because I have really, really enjoyed BF1. We have always rotated back and forth between rush and operations (and frontlines as more and more maps come online) - but as SO many people have said on here 64p operations is just too much to handle after you get over the spectacle of it. The point has been made - adding the server browser was probably only fix that was needed, but the double-whammy removal of 40p had reverse effect on Operations crowd.

DICE - Please, please bring back 40p Operations as part of second November update! And (we?) I cringe at the thought of the Turning Tides DLC coming out next month and the Gallipoli operation only being available in 64p!?!?!

:)

P.S. - Why is 40p ideal for Frontlines and not Operations? It is essentially the same battle space / sector within a map that players are contesting.

I filter for 64 player only. I would never even see a 40 player operations server. Maybe other people did as well and it was to hard to keep the 40 player servers filled.

Oh and this thread you started, was dead. Dead like the 40 player operations servers.
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HA - Have to love the ongoing 64p trolls on here. Hey buddy - you do know the operations server browser came AFTER they removed the 40p servers - right? So yes, you would not have seen any as everything was quickmatched before.

Plenty of folks on here that played 40-player operations - just sometimes had issues getting everyone into the same servers (hence the great assistance a server browser would have made). Instead they tried to cram us all into 64p servers, effectively driving away most of those who preferred 40p matches - SEE ABOVE.

But thanks for your input ;)

• theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm used to 64 player now and all my stats have gone up because its so much easier to get kills in 64 but I still prefer 40 player Ops.
  • i_Goof_i
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ameriken05 wrote: »
    HA - Have to love the ongoing 64p trolls on here. Hey buddy - you do know the operations server browser came AFTER they removed the 40p servers - right? So yes, you would not have seen any as everything was quickmatched before.

Plenty of folks on here that played 40-player operations - just sometimes had issues getting everyone into the same servers (hence the great assistance a server browser would have made). Instead they tried to cram us all into 64p servers, effectively driving away most of those who preferred 40p matches - SEE ABOVE.

But thanks for your input ;)

Nope, didn't realize that, how did you only join 40 player operations previously if there was no browser?