Hit Detection

Comments

• Mearen1911
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    denjoga wrote: »
    @HillbillyJohn So not worth it, unless you like banging your head against a wall. Just let it go.
    Or don't... it's your blood pressure.

You're right of course, I just get tired of this guys crap.

Well we see you when you bring some solid evidence.
    Mearen1911 wrote: »
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    .....as stated in another thread. ..... a relevant video is always worth more than exaggerated duplicate posts.

There have been more than enough videos proving the game is broken. Don't make a fool of yourself with such posts.

Nobody said there were not issues. There are legit bugs, there are also perceived issues that are not really issues.

Take a look at the recent posts claiming there are hackers and cheaters.....lots of misinformation there.

No we won't see because I'm not making or posting any new game play video just so you can get off on your so called debunking of them.

That's fine. If you're not confident that you have solid evidence don't post....but don't get all mad when people don't believe you either.

Nobody cares about your opinions here.
  • arsal_rehman
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    mischkag wrote: »
    Thanks for the input and videos, very useful. @der_Metatron: So what I believe happens is the following: I do believe you actually did damage to the player coming arround the corner(on your client). However, on his client, he may have killed you before your shot got off on his end depending on both of your latencies. Now what happens is, that in favor of the low pingers, whoever kills first, wins and the damage from the player who died, is disregarded. This is to lower the double kill events and prevent late damage application from high pingers. Of course, we could add some time margin here and allow for a double kill/damage within a certain amount of time (time between the kill and your damage events). That is something I would really like your opinion on.
    We did plan to have 60Hz servers for consoles too. But the client performance was not where we needed it to be to run 60 Hz simulation ticks, even for 32 players. This may be something we can achieve next year, but i am not sure about it. 45 Hz dont work so well as all weapons are tuned for multiples of 30Hz and the bullet distribution is not quite the same then.
    I will check the claim of server performance being affected by high pingers/players with high packet loss and/or ping variance. I could not verify that so far, but will look into it.
    Also, the suppression is affecting the aiming ability as well as bullet spread. The latter may be perceived as poor hit detection. I do blieve this is an area where we could improve the communication to the player.
    I dont think we can simply lock the ping for official servers. There are friend invites and we do not cover all regions. We are looking into improving Matchmaking and getting it better, but is is not an easy process. In an ideal world, i'd love to just have players <50ping. Unfortunately that is not the reality.
    The erradic movement for high pingers is something i hope i can address.
    I have not encountered any problem before spring update. So in my opinion Dice should implement previous netcode.
  • kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Surprised this thread is still kicking - between server lag and client ping (maybe other factors) I've mostly given up on sniper and 5 shot medic weapons and use the 'spray and pray' spam weapons. It's nearly impossible to find a US East server with a grid of low ping players (under 100) and good consistent lag free server on xbone. Use the spray and pray with good soldier tactics and you should win a decent portion of 1 v 1 combats even if some of the bullets go poof into void or the soldier flies several meters across the screen, etc.
    Side note - ping is under 25 consistent and have a difficult time believing Incursions will be good without optimized servers.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    kniphtee wrote: »
    Surprised this thread is still kicking - between server lag and client ping (maybe other factors) I've mostly given up on sniper and 5 shot medic weapons and use the 'spray and pray' spam weapons. It's nearly impossible to find a US East server with a grid of low ping players (under 100) and good consistent lag free server on xbone. Use the spray and pray with good soldier tactics and you should win a decent portion of 1 v 1 combats even if some of the bullets go poof into void or the soldier flies several meters across the screen, etc.
    Side note - ping is under 25 consistent and have a difficult time believing Incursions will be good without optimized servers.

Seems there is a quickmatch bug, placing US players in Euro servers and vice versa. Aside from that, would be nice to see a ping cap of at least 400......
  • der_Metatron
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Virtually no lag or at least no perceived lag, even against higher pings. My shots hit where they're supposed to and are registered with the correct damage, my kills feel right and come easy, my deaths feel fair, no one shot insta-deaths. The gameplay is silky smooth minus the occasional frame rate drop, but that's just because the Xbox can't handle this game adequately.

I hate to be that guy, maybe you are too laggin the hell and back

• Michael_Seaman
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2017

Virtually no lag or at least no perceived lag, even against higher pings. My shots hit where they're supposed to and are registered with the correct damage, my kills feel right and come easy, my deaths feel fair, no one shot insta-deaths. The gameplay is silky smooth minus the occasional frame rate drop, but that's just because the Xbox can't handle this game adequately.

I hate to be that guy, maybe you are too laggin the hell and back

Doubt it, my latency is always a solid 25ms on US East. It doesn't have hundreds of ms's in fluctuation like I see other people. Seriously though unless your ISP absolutely sucks, there is no reason anyone should be playing with anything over 100ms latency (honestly even over 50ms is too much in my opinion). If you are, you need to seriously evaluate and reconsider your network setup and equipment or have someone who knows what they're doing do it for you. All you're doing is putting unnecessary strain on the servers with your crappy latency. And if you're playing over wifi, you shouldn't even bother playing at all.

For those in regions that have no servers, sorry you were sold a game that doesn't support you. I still don't want you playing in my region.
    Post edited by Michael_Seaman on
  • DOCFURIE
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think it is your network connection. I had the same trouble, but I have bought a faster connection and I no lobger have that problem. Now if I could just aim the rfles better everythibg would be great
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Got to stay away from Wi-Fi too
  • Godhates1234
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @HillbillyJohn So not worth it, unless you like banging your head against a wall. Just let it go.

.....as stated in another thread. ..... a relevant video is always worth more than exaggerated duplicate posts.

There have been more than enough videos proving the game is broken. Don't make a fool of yourself with such posts.

Nobody said there were not issues. There are legit bugs, there are also perceived issues that are not really issues.

Take a look at the recent posts claiming there are hackers and cheaters.....lots of misinformation there.

Or go read on Reddit. Lots of thread with bugs and issuses. And the hitdetection.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12840 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

No we won't see because I'm not making or posting any new game play video just so you can get off on your so called debunking of them.

That's fine. If you're not confident that you have solid evidence don't post....but don't get all mad when people don't believe you either.

Nobody cares about your opinions here.

@Mearen1911
    Actually, he is right to voice his opinions provided they do not violate the rules.

Your reply to vball however violates the rules as it flames and baits him into responding.

Infraction incoming for that.
  • i_Goof_i
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Mearen1911
    Actually, he is right to voice his opinions provided they do not violate the rules.

Your reply to vball however violates the rules as it flames and baits him into responding.

Infraction incoming for that.

He's been nothing but a troll. "Negative Nancy" I don't think he has posted in a while anyway.
  • redenya
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah it's kinda frustrating getting killed alot ..... even hiding in bushes at the back of the map ...one shot kill ..... no kill cam ..... or by a pistol shot from the moon...my bullits seem to be made from peas .. at least my mortar works ..sometimes doesn't deploy, sometimes it works ... I spam the spot button .....I can't see who's who so I save more peas (bullits) but those few seconds trying to distinguish which side it is , I'm useally dead..
  • UrinDenialP
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I hate to be "that guy", and believe me I used to hate on people who would say what I'm about to but...

The game is working near flawlessly for me...now. The caveat is I recently upgraded my network equipment (modem, router etc.) I also switched over to using UPNP instead of DMZ and changed some other router settings. Not sure why it made a difference but it did, like night and day.

Again, I hate to say it, but don't discount the fact that it could be your ISP, your network equipment, your router settings or a combination of all three affecting the game. For me, everything "wrong" that I used to try and blame on the game has basically disappeared. I know that's not what many of you want to hear, but all I can say is in my situation, it's the truth. Frankly, I'm as happy as I can be, because I can spend my time enjoying the game now instead of being frustrated all the time with it thinking I had no power to control what was going on. There was nothing I hated more than feeling like I was just at the mercy of the game and whether it would play properly or not on a any given night.

Yeah not a big fan on DMZ. Nor with port forwarding, my old router couldn't handle it (even though it was advertised it could) and really ruined my BF4 experience until I upgraded.

As you said lots of factors can effect gameplay. I recently was having big issues with At&t with my fiber line. I play west coast, latency was typical 60-70ms. I played east coast and my latency was 120-130 (typical is 20-30s) and just bad experience. I had to play strictly west coast for 2 weeks (which I don't like how the game plays over 60ms) until they found their routing issue.

If you don't know what to look for or troubleshoot it's really hard to pinpoint where the issue is. Most of the time your ISP won't help you because it costs them money and the level 1 support really has no clue what they are doing.

i agree
    sadly many are not inclined to do their research and understand enough as to how things work.

had good gameplay last few days.

only things ive done is flashed a new router firmware and cleared nvram....had a moan with blocked out swear words on my isp forum...and changed network settings to automatic on the ps4....scrapped dhcp...

thats it
  • UrinDenialP
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    btw posted something on the fifa forum.

Full cone nat and the other variants.
    Are ea aware of these and the possible i differences in gameplay?
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hate to be "that guy", and believe me I used to hate on people who would say what I'm about to but...

The game is working near flawlessly for me...now. The caveat is I recently upgraded my network equipment (modem, router etc.) I also switched over to using UPNP instead of DMZ and changed some other router settings. Not sure why it made a difference but it did, like night and day.

Again, I hate to say it, but don't discount the fact that it could be your ISP, your network equipment, your router settings or a combination of all three affecting the game. For me, everything "wrong" that I used to try and blame on the game has basically disappeared. I know that's not what many of you want to hear, but all I can say is in my situation, it's the truth. Frankly, I'm as happy as I can be, because I can spend my time enjoying the game now instead of being frustrated all the time with it thinking I had no power to control what was going on. There was nothing I hated more than feeling like I was just at the mercy of the game and whether it would play properly or not on a any given night.

Yeah not a big fan on DMZ. Nor with port forwarding, my old router couldn't handle it (even though it was advertised it could) and really ruined my BF4 experience until I upgraded.

As you said lots of factors can effect gameplay. I recently was having big issues with At&t with my fiber line. I play west coast, latency was typical 60-70ms. I played east coast and my latency was 120-130 (typical is 20-30s) and just bad experience. I had to play strictly west coast for 2 weeks (which I don't like how the game plays over 60ms) until they found their routing issue.

If you don't know what to look for or troubleshoot it's really hard to pinpoint where the issue is. Most of the time your ISP won't help you because it costs them money and the level 1 support really has no clue what they are doing.

i agree
    sadly many are not inclined to do their research and understand enough as to how things work.

had good gameplay last few days.

only things ive done is flashed a new router firmware and cleared nvram....had a moan with blocked out swear words on my isp forum...and changed network settings to automatic on the ps4....scrapped dhcp...

thats it

I was surprised about the success I've had by flashing my router.
    btw posted something on the fifa forum.

Full cone nat and the other variants.
    Are ea aware of these and the possible i differences in gameplay?

I am not sure. I'm sure they have a Twitter page, should post the question.
  • redenya
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm sure "flashing my router" ment something else back in my day .....
  • VBALL_MVP
    redenya wrote: »
    I'm sure "flashing my router" ment something else back in my day .....

LOL....bad image in my head now
  • shaunlake1344
    547 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No hit detection, starts at 1.10

• Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    shaun1344 wrote: »

No hit detection, starts at 1.10

Not seeing an issue. Slow the videos to 0.25 via Youtube settings and take a look. You are getting hits, just not enough to kill.
  • Mearen1911
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Dear moderator:
    Did you pass out infractions for those that attacked me here? Sorry children but critics are not trolls. I get it, you can't accept that the game is broken on purpose because they choose not to fix things. That doesn't make you right, it makes you pathetic.

Don't worry moderator, I vote with my wallet and this is the last dime EA will ever get from me.