Hit Detection

Comments

• Michael_Seaman
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Mearen1911 wrote: »
    Dear moderator:
    Did you pass out infractions for those that attacked me here? Sorry children but critics are not trolls. I get it, you can't accept that the game is broken on purpose because they choose not to fix things. That doesn't make you right, it makes you pathetic.

Don't worry moderator, I vote with my wallet and this is the last dime EA will ever get from me.

The tone and delivery of your post doesn't exactly scream maturity or constructive. So, because I don't agree with your position that the game is "broken on purpose" that somehow makes me pathetic? That statement doesn't even make logical sense to me.

Does the game have bugs? Sure. However, for a game this complex requiring the amount of coding that it does, I would expect that. There is absolutely nothing game-breaking about the current state of the game. I'm actually extremely pleased with where the game is to date and I continue to thoroughly enjoy playing it.

My only complaint is the same as it's always been. The fact that higher ping players have an advantage over low ping players. I consistently lose gun fights to players with 100+ ping while mine stays right at 25ms. If I hop on a euro server where I'm now the one with 100+ ping I almost become untouchable. I win gun fights that even I know I should have lost.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12361 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited November 2017
    @Mearen1911

Discussion of moderation is a violation of the Forum Guidelines.

Also, Being critical is allowed yes, Provided it is done in a constructive manner.

100% bashing and bashing and bashing is not constructive criticism, It is disruptive.

End of discussion, Further violations of the rules will result in a month away.

Please do not make it come to this.

• oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dear moderator:
    Did you pass out infractions for those that attacked me here? Sorry children but critics are not trolls. I get it, you can't accept that the game is broken on purpose because they choose not to fix things. That doesn't make you right, it makes you pathetic.

Don't worry moderator, I vote with my wallet and this is the last dime EA will ever get from me.

The tone and delivery of your post doesn't exactly scream maturity or constructive. So, because I don't agree with your position that the game is "broken on purpose" that somehow makes me pathetic? That statement doesn't even make logical sense to me.

Does the game have bugs? Sure. However, for a game this complex requiring the amount of coding that it does, I would expect that. There is absolutely nothing game-breaking about the current state of the game. I'm actually extremely pleased with where the game is to date and I continue to thoroughly enjoy playing it.

My only complaint is the same as it's always been. The fact that higher ping players have an advantage over low ping players. I consistently lose gun fights to players with 100+ ping while mine stays right at 25ms. If I hop on a euro server where I'm now the one with 100+ ping I almost become untouchable. I win gun fights that even I know I should have lost.

My internet sucks. The few times it's below the threshold, I can kill people fine. But when it goes above 160, my shots don't register or I lose CQ gunfights that I would normally win. I just have to deal with it because I know I'm in the minority.
  • Michael_Seaman
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    oof14346 wrote: »
    Dear moderator:

My internet sucks. The few times it's below the threshold, I can kill people fine. But when it goes above 160, my shots don't register or I lose CQ gunfights that I would normally win. I just have to deal with it because I know I'm in the minority.

My internet service is really solid and consistent but I feel like I'm punished for that when I go up against players who have high ping. However, I can totally "game" the system by playing on servers where I'm just under the threshold for client side hit detection but still have a high ping. It's really obvious because I begin to get a lot of "wtf" hate mail when I do it.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    redenya wrote: »
    Uk player ..20 ping ... I've started using other server's than the eu one ...my ping goes upto 85/90 I get better games I can feel the shots hit me now rather than ohk ..being punished for a better connection is wrong. ..so many people playing on out of area servers just to get the advantage is wrong ..if you can't beat em join em...

I've generally been the opposite. I seem to die on the first bullet, than hear the bullet sounds after. Happens far too often. Like you, my ping is always in 20s, and I always play in region.
  • Michael_Seaman
    diagoro wrote: »
    I always play in region.

That's why. Try playing out of region and you'll notice that doesn't happen anymore.
  • digga11
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I always play in region.

That's why. Try playing out of region and you'll notice that doesn't happen anymore.

Playing on a nearly empty server last night 4v4 one guy was oor with a ping of 180 couldn’t touch him. Moved like Jedi, I’d get the drop on him but he’d do the Ali shuffle and blow me away. Rest of the guys no problem fair fight.
    Really hits home that’s somethings not right and takes away the motivation to play.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I always play in region.

Tried that a few times. One of five was a good experience.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I always play in region.

Tried that a few times. One of five was a good experience.

Doesn't work well for me either. Playing in region has been the best for me. DICE still needs to fix their servers though.
  • em1LL77
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    Dear moderator:

The fact that your internet "sucks" should have absolutely no bearing on anyone else's experience. However DICE, in their infinite wisdom continue to make games where this exact issue is a guaranteed constant.

Please understand this is definitely not a jab at you, you can only get whatever internet is available.

It's DICE and their crazy compulsion to try and please literally ever single player rather than the majority.

It has never worked, and it never will.

words of wisdom,mate :)
  • misisipiRivrRat
    799 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Was playing a bit of the campaign and the hit detection isn't great there either. That or a high pinger got into my campaign. Check out the enemy that can't be killed. Lol! It's all good!
  • HillbillyJohn
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Was playing a bit of the campaign and the hit detection isn't great there either. That or a high pinger got into my campaign. Check out the enemy that can't be killed. Lol! It's all good!

There's a campaign?
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

There's a campaign?

Yes. And they should have settled with that, and started working on bad company 3!
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The fact that your internet "sucks" should have absolutely no bearing on anyone else's experience. However DICE, in their infinite wisdom continue to make games where this exact issue is a guaranteed constant.

Please understand this is definitely not a jab at you, you can only get whatever internet is available.

It's DICE and their crazy compulsion to try and please literally ever single player rather than the majority.

No offense taken. I was just sharing my experiences. My ping fluctuates between 140 - 170. When it's below the threshold, I can hold my own. When it goes above, my k/d goes super negative because I'm on sshd.

My point is, not everyone with a high ping has an advantage.

• rock1obsta
    3787 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    em1LL77 wrote: »
    Dear moderator:

words of wisdom,mate :)

Thanks, man. B)
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

This video IMO doesn't show anything wrong with hit detection. What it does show is effects such as spread. Even though your crosshairs are on the target, you can still miss due to spread. There were also shots where the crosshairs weren't on target as well.

So, if anything, this video is a great educational tool to educate those who don't understand some of the game's features. Great video. Thanks. :)
  • HillbillyJohn
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »

This video IMO doesn't show anything wrong with hit detection. What it does show is effects such as spread. Even though your crosshairs are on the target, you can still miss due to spread. There were also shots where the crosshairs weren't on target as well.

So, if anything, this video is a great educational tool to educate those who don't understand some of the game's features. Great video. Thanks. :)

Yeah he missed. lmao!
  • misisipiRivrRat
    799 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »

No problem. Not really complaining. It is what it is , simple. As far as missing because of spread let's be real. When the other enemies run in front of that one I'm aiming at all of a sudden there is no spread and they die? Lol! That video is edited. There's another 30 seconds prior to what I posted showing that enemy sinkung into the bridge and eating bullets. I'm not upset, thought it was funny. Also have a clip earlier in that level where I shoot at a enemy tank and 14 shots ricochet off of it. Side shots, front, back, every one ricochet s off.