BF1 and XBOX One X

Comments

• moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i_Goof_i wrote: »
    of course... has to download an update. 768mb ish

Just don't get how it's day -1 before release and there is already an update.

How do you already have yours?

Pick mine up in 17 minutes time from the shop. Midnight opening.
  • Michael_Seaman
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    of course... has to download an update. 768mb ish

Just don't get how it's day -1 before release and there is already an update.

How do you already have yours?

Pick mine up in 17 minutes time from the shop. Midnight opening.

Sweet! I’ll definitely be pulling an all nighter once I get mine home just after midnight, US eastern time.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Right then the verdict. I always avoided conquest and Ops because somehow it just wasn’t quite there for me performance wise, especially when things got hectic. So first thing I did was fired up a game of conquest and wow it’s like night and day, such a smooth experience feels like a whole new game. Well worth the money just for this. I haven’t got a 4k tv I bought it for the performance improvements.
  • i_Goof_i
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well..

Graphics: 1st thing you'll notice. Pretty clean and crisp. Definitely an improvement.

Load Time: I was the 1st one loaded in. I know this because It said 1/15 for my team and 0/15 for them. The start time was holding at 1 minute for about 15 seconds before it even started to count down.

Plane Bug Gone: I loaded in Monte Grappa. Normally I have to wait a few seconds before my plane is rendered and I can spawn in it. Not this time. Plane was ready, I noticed 3 planes coming from the opposing team. Two of them were not even moving, just flying straight. one crashed into the mountain. Obviously still a problem for others.

• Michael_Seaman
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well..

Graphics: 1st thing you'll notice. Pretty clean and crisp. Definitely an improvement.

Load Time: I was the 1st one loaded in. I know this because It said 1/15 for my team and 0/15 for them. The start time was holding at 1 minute for about 15 seconds before it even started to count down.

Plane Bug Gone: I loaded in Monte Grappa. Normally I have to wait a few seconds before my plane is rendered and I can spawn in it. Not this time. Plane was ready, I noticed 3 planes coming from the opposing team. Two of them were not even moving, just flying straight. one crashed into the mountain. Obviously still a problem for others.

The issues you mentioned were never a problem for me in my experience. Maybe because I use an external SSD drive. I never tried running the game from the internal though.
  • SH1GGLES
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well..

The issues you mentioned were never a problem for me in my experience. Maybe because I use an external SSD drive. I never tried running the game from the internal though.

I also use an external SSD drive, interested in how the X compares to not using it.
  • Michael_Seaman
    edited November 2017
    SH1GGLES wrote: »
    Well..

I also use an external SSD drive, interested in how the X compares to not using it.

I’ll probably continue to use my SSD with the X. As suped up as it is, I imagine an SSD is still going to be faster than the internal HDD.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well..

Is this just with a 1080P TV?
    Not sure what frame rates the XB1 has but just wondering if you can tell a frame rate improvement with the XB1X?
  • blue166
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well..

Not sure what frame rates the XB1 has but just wondering if you can tell a frame rate improvement with the XB1X?

I am playing it on a 4K Sony TV. The game does look sharper and more crisp. Very smooth in busy areas with lots happening. This is while playing multiplayer.

I will play more and report back. Also running it off an SSD drive.
  • Michael_Seaman
    edited November 2017
    Well..

There is a definite frame rate improvement. I’m not getting any slowdown or studder like I used to on multiplayer. It’s consistent and smooth 100% of the time in the conquest matches I’ve played so far.
    Post edited by Michael_Seaman on
  • i_Goof_i
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SH1GGLES wrote: »
    Well..

Well..

This is with a 1080P Computer Monitor.

How do you get the frame rates on the XBOX to display?
  • SH1GGLES
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I play on a monitor to reduce input lag and buying a 4K to enjoy the visuals.
  • moosehunter1969
    On a non BF1 note every other game I’ve tried has shown real noticeable performance boosts. Pick of the bunch for me is Just Cause 3 which has gone from being a slideshow when there’s lots happening to being an absolute blast, no slowdown or frame rate drops even when everything around you is exploding. So glad I bought the X.
  • blue166
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well..

There is a definite frame rate improvement. I’m not getting any slowdown or studder like I used to on multiplayer. It’s consistent and smooth 100% of the time in the conquest matches I’ve played so far.

This, explosions,planes,buildings collapsing.. all happening and holding up fine. No stutters or screen tearing. Like I said before, all this plus graphics are sharper.
  • LMR70
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Theres no special patch for the X, correct? Its basically just benefiting from brute force horsepower?
  • Michael_Seaman
    LMR70 wrote: »
    Theres no special patch for the X, correct? Its basically just benefiting from brute force horsepower?

Correct. No patch at the moment. The One X is clearly showcasing how underpowered and inadequate the original Xbox One was for BF1. At the very least BF1 was never optimized for the original Xbox One. It’s like I’m playing a totally different game in terms of performance.
  • DerLokator
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    LMR70 wrote: »

Correct. No patch at the moment. The One X is clearly showcasing how underpowered and inadequate the original Xbox One was for BF1. At the very least BF1 was never optimized for the original Xbox One. It’s like I’m playing a totally different game in terms of performance.

Otherwise we could say that They pushed graphics to the limit of Xbox.
  • DRYHITTER
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Feels real good! Sharp image and constant 60fps, butter.

I need to mess around with the HDR a little more but it still look's very nice, the colors are poppin lol
  • nickking360
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Looks and plays so much better on the X.

Hopefully we get a proper "Xbox One X Enhanced" version.
  • Parasiten79
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played a few 64 ops and it was smooth as hell. Not a single fps drop so far