Does The Average PC Player Really Want to Play on Rented Servers?

13»

Comments

• -Antares65z
    1573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I love playing on rented servers, not so much because they offer such a huge improvement in quality, but rather because they enable fun options like SIRs and 200% damage. Wish there were rented operations servers though, those would be extremely fun, especially with features such as double tickets, less respawn time and more damage.

It seems like the 200% damage servers are fairly popular. I played one once and it seemed ok. A bit more powerful guns but you're not dying as easily as in HC. Problem is changing the damage rate to 200% makes the server Custom and then it disappears from the browser with default filters. EA could fix two basic issues and it would really improve RSP. Drop the round start player count to 4 or 6 and allow Custom configured servers to show up with default filter settings. Just those two changes would really make a difference. Adding at least two more map choices to the map vote would be almost too much to hope for.
  • Mrs_Ragdoll
    268 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    For me the reason to rent a own server and play on that one is because I could put all maps in from base and DLC's for some fun TDM rounds now and then without playing the same 4 to 6 maps all over again and without having to switch between servers that either run the base maps or the different kind of DLC expansions. Switching servers often is terrible especially when I play with a few friend from my platoon, waiting all in queue over and over again. And we got VIP slots ofcourse on a own server.
  • IKII-IKII
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Private servers are that have acting admins are far brtter than any EA server
  • -Antares65z
    1573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IKII-IKII wrote: »
    Private servers are that have acting admins are far brtter than any EA server

I sure wish the entire community realized that. Most still seem intent on going to official servers for vanilla and DLC maps. There is still no All Maps CQ server going on the west coast. Nobody wants to help get traffic going on one. Pretty sad really.
  • IKII-IKII
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Our server is full everynight check us out
  • -Antares65z
    Our server is full everynight check us out

Can you provide a battlefield tracker link or the server name? It’s on the west coast?

• IKII-IKII
    East, but 1/2 of them on the west coast
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers/pc/2646201430405
  • -Antares65z
    East, but 1/2 of them on the west coast
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers/pc/2646201430405

Thanks! I'll check it out. I occasionally play Domination after I've grown tired of being farmed by the planes and tanks on Conquest. :-) Are you guys running any Conquest servers on the west coast? I've searched and searched for months and have never found ONE All Maps server that gets consistent traffic. Once in awhile you find one but its a rare event.
  • IKII-IKII
    We tried but the start up player count was too high, no afmin controls, ... the servet browser is still broken.
    So eventually we found our niche.
    Now if we do try we can only do conquest with 24 players max because Dom maps cap is 24.
    And conquests maps are too big.
    Hope to see you around.