Do you enjoy the Russian DLC operations?

HANSGRUBER30
3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
This is just a quick survey to see how many people enjoy the Russian operations, no judgment of opinions here.

Comments

• IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yeah I've loved it and loathed it in equal measure, out of about half a dozen outings 2 were just horrible in terms of attackers not attacking at all.
  • MarxistDictator
    4977 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nah they're by far the worst balanced of the entire game. The forced restrictions don't help.
  • II-Katyusha-II
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like Red Tide, not so much with Brusilov.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Russian maps are horribly balanced and operations are only making it worse.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It all depends on that the teams are balanced. If they are, I absolutely enjoy these maps, on this game mode. If the teams are unbalanced, it’s not enjoyable. But the same is true with every Operations.
  • cosmicCheeses
    70 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2017
    I do enjoy them a lot, I don’t care if I lose or win. How ever when my team is at the last sector with the last battlion that’s where i start to get andreline :). Battlefield is about epic experience not competition like what battlefield is should be, but I think that’s just me.
  • Bakahashi
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think the balancing needs looking at, but overall they're quite enjoyable. I think the pre-game cinematic where the Imperial Russian Soldier is talking about the revolutionary Bolsheviks is a bit weird and not befitting of the era. The White Army dialogue almost feels as if the person is talking about Communism AFTER the collapse of the Soviet Union, and I find it very weird as I don't feel like White Army soldiers would have been talking about Communism in that particular way (like we do today). That really threw me off and I felt it was as bad as the Russian Assassins Creed Sidescroller. Obviously the game doesn't need to be 100% historically accurate but I feel like they should maybe have spoke to the guys at The Great War YT channel (who did the codex in the game), and asked them what they feel White Army soldiers would have been saying during the actual conflict. I know I'm being super picky here, but as a history nerd it does annoy me a bit.
  • AaronTheZombie
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trying to play Operations Campaign was the worst experience I've ever had in BF1. Never going to touch the game mode again.
  • Fog_eXGunner
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TBH im enjoying them immensely. Not just saying that either. Im really having a lot of fu n with the maps. Then again any winter map gets my vote .
  • DaisukiJase
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    As a long time BF player, I have to say no. It’s actually been a long time since I stopped enjoying anything in BF and the Eastern Storm campaign is one aspect to BF1 that I’ve tried immensely to enjoy.

Galicia is just a sniper-fest. The craters and trenches cna only provide so much cover, and when you got so many snipers covering every angle, pushing is just painful. This is more so when pushing the last sector of the map. Smoke grenades make some difference but it requires a lot of tactical thinking by the attackers to use them.

Red Tide has the same problem on Volga River, but at least you have houses and ruins to work with. Tsarystin especially at the beginning is just nade spam after nade spam after nade spam. It’s just not enjoyable.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Absolutely not. At this point, I'd just be glad if they copied the layout of old BF2 and 2142 maps and changed the theme to match WWI. As they are now, there isn't anything you can do to affect the outcome of the battle. You just have to rely on your team to maintain a decent amount of effort throughout the game, and we all know how that's a bit unrealistic.
  • xpixelbullyx
    1664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoy both. I play them almost as much as vanilla operations. I play with alot of people so attacking red tide is fun.
  • bleachee
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Attacking in Red Tide is no fun 90% of the time. I've seen too many games that never made it past the first sector. Terribly imbalanced design.
  • EmothicVH
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maps are good and the attackers can win. Though a few flag placements can make it very difficult or nearly impossible without actual strategy and coordination from the team. Of which is in itself impossible to coordinate with other squads especially on consoles.

Other then that, if the attack team actually attacks, rather then half sitting back sniping and not really making an impact, then they can win the operations in a fairly balance playing field.
  • astraussdc
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not really. Probably my least favorite ops. I'd actually like Red Tide if there was 40 man option. Brusilov would still be a miserable turkey shoot tho.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They look good, but balance is not good in conquest.
    Lupkow Pass has AA on only one side, and for some reason it takes ages for planes to spawn sometimes. I played over 15 minutes as pilot, without the enemy got new planes. You can imagine the havoc. I mentioned this problem when this map was in "beta", but it was not changed.
    Tsaritsyn: Same mistake as Suez in the start. Only three flags.
    Busilov Keep: Great map, but only one vehicle each. Should be two, because one team can rule completely if the other team have a bad driver.
    Albion: Problem with this is when airship spawn. With only one AA on far side, there is no way to take it out, unless the other team spawn with airship buster planes. Which will not happen until the other planes are down.
    The other two maps are fine. But only one class of vehicles makes it boring and predictable in the long run.
  • ElliotLH
    8688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like them if I'm defending...
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Who doesn't like attacking the same point without cover for half an hour without progressing at all, 3 waves in a row. For 5000 points, so you can do the same 6 more times, and then again for the other map. Fun!

Unless you're defending and can slaughter the attackers. There is some joy in that, but it gets old real fast as well.
  • beetroot888
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    6 yrs total this wknd on Russian ops campaign. 1 puzzle piece. At this rate it will take 60 hrs of that **** mode to get some knives that look cheap to begin with. I'm ok with putting long hrs but the payoff for getting sniped constantly doesn't seem worth it.
  • Granathar
    249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I personally like them, but on Galicia or Volga it's "play sniper or be sniped" from time to time. And Tsaritsin is one big explosion in two first sectors. Nades, mortars, nades, dynamite, limpet charge, nades, mortar again etc. But you can actually get used to it and exploit it. Knowing where to throw boom-boom thingy can give you lots of frags. Anyway Tsaritsin is 40 player map basically. I like Brusilov the least. Don't even know why, because it's generally less sniper friendly than the others.