Sick of skillpoints

FoundNoGamerTag
132 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
So, before I begin, I am salty! Why? Because this game treats me so badly it’s insane.

I’ve played a few games today and I played really well. But like, really well. I was playing Rush and ha over 40 kills each round and my K/D was usually around 2,5. My best K/D was even 17 today. I also armed/ defused like mad and I revived, healed, resupplied,... like mad. Every round I had a highlight.

BUT EVERYTIME I CHECKED MY SKILLPOINTS, I increased almost nothing. Maximum points I increased with were 13.

But then one game, my last game, my team plays badly. NOT ME, my team. They can’t push forward and their K/D’s were beneath 1. I was pushing through, armed some objectives, but the other team was to good. I had zero support. We lost the game. My K/D was still 1.83. Not to much but I’ll take it.
I check my skillpoints and what do I see?

I went down 65 points. 65 POINTS?! Seriously? Even if I played badly that makes no sense?

Eho designed this? This isn’t the first time either.
The most I’ve ever increased by was 25 and the most I lost was around 100. Yes 100, insanety.

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    5683 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have finally heard everything on forumfield.
  • GRIZZ11283
    3017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Completely playing the game wrong ;)
  • robmcewen
    1559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Used to care about Skill score with BATTLEFIELD 4 and would see it going up and down without seeing why. In the end, I just gave up caring about it, so that's my advice to you stop caring about it and you will have more fun.
  • Fleetwood1987
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ha...
  • FoundNoGamerTag
    132 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Damn it you’re all right
  • HuwJarz
    1824 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I check my skill at the end of every round and if it goes down, I shed a little tear. Is that not normal then?
  • Decikraytor_6
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is hilariousibecause if you played a real game mode like conquest or operations your stats overall would increase

Your playing rush thats why lol
  • zombifiedstalker
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What? How is rush any more or less real than any other game mode?
    How can you you be sure that you (or I) are real, and not just a computer simulation? Just like the character you control in the game possibly thinks that he's real...
    One computer simulation controlling another computer simulation..
    Whoa.. I gotta go lie down for a bit.. carry on..
  • HawkeyeAM47
    543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    Used to care about Skill score with BATTLEFIELD 4 and would see it going up and down without seeing why. In the end, I just gave up caring about it, so that's my advice to you stop caring about it and you will have more fun.

^This
  • MayorMarionBarry
    1246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is hilariousibecause if you played a real game mode like conquest or operations your stats overall would increase

So tired of this "I play real BF cause I play CQ" nonsense.
    A "real" mode.
    lol.

• HuwJarz
    1824 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

So tired of this "I play real BF cause I play CQ" nonsense.
    A "real" mode.
    lol.

He should also forget about skill and monitor K/D. Everyone knows that is the only stat that really matters.
  • V2Face
    1803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 14
    Really you are salty of skill points the most inconsistent stat line in the game?KDR, KPM, SPM all influence it and a little 10k Rush game score can’t compare to an Operations match and which players can score 20k-40k points per match. Be happy with what you got or play a different game mode.
  • von_Campenstein
    2959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's like the boss' evaulation of you at work, you can never figure out the parameters and even if you applied yourself you're not sure you want to, you just stop caring and write it off like a dude.
  • Ploodovic
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Can someone explain what this skill point actually is. I’ve seen the number, but it doesn’t tell me anything.

Now, the accuracy stat, that’s where the frustration should be applied. I think it takes syringe usage into account. So when you revive a teammate it counts as a “miss” (you didn’t hit an enemy), and therefore lower your accuracy. Grr! ;)
  • robmcewen
    1559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    Can someone explain what this skill point actually is. I’ve seen the number, but it doesn’t tell me anything.

DICE haven't released how they come up with your skill score exactly is worked out, to stop people boosting their skill score.
  • von_Campenstein
    2959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    Ploodovic wrote: »

DICE haven't released how they come up with your skill score exactly is worked out, to stop people boosting their skill score.

I'm one step ahead of them then, I've maxed out my I don't care score.
  • EdwinSpangler
    532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What? How is rush any more or less real than any other game mode?
    How can you you be sure that you (or I) are real, and not just a computer simulation? Just like the character you control in the game possibly thinks that he's real...
    One computer simulation controlling another computer simulation..
    Whoa.. I gotta go lie down for a bit.. carry on..

Hey man, can I get some of what you got??