Xbox One X enhancements patch!

Comments

• DerLokator
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 14
    I want two options for BF1: A 60 Hz 1080p locked Max performance Mode with best possible Textures etc., without compromising the performance and a 60 Hz locked fake 4k dynamic resolution option.
    Or more possible, they could just max the graphics, without making the performance worse than now, like many enhanced games are doing. (1080p and 4k same performance, 1080p supersampled from 4k)

I think, it would be really easy, to just max the graphics. Because they didn’t released a patch, it could give us hope, that they are thinking about how to make the game perfect for the X and make a more complex customization then a simple cheap one, so if they release a patch, they maybe make a really good one.
  • gmcworks
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The game unpatched on Xbox One X thanks to Dynamic resolution now runs around 1080p. For any other upgrades to the game the developer must put in extra work. Please dice do this for us.
  • gmcworks
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It also now runs at a locked solid 60fps in case no one has noticed on the Xbox One X along with the dynamic resolution boost of around 1080p
  • gmcworks
    But know this my Battlefield brothers and sisters! Battlefield 2019 is going to be insane on the One X. Especially if it's World War II.
  • DerLokator
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    gmcworks wrote: »
    It also now runs at a locked solid 60fps in case no one has noticed on the Xbox One X along with the dynamic resolution boost of around 1080p

It’s 900p imo. Thats not 1080p. I see an improvement in textures, less lag, more smoothness, constant 60 fps and I see constant 900p. Never 1080p. Normal Xbox has often less than 900p.
  • gmcworks
    DerLokator wrote: »

It’s 900p imo. Thats not 1080p. I see an improvement in textures, less lag, more smoothness, constant 60 fps and I see constant 900p. Never 1080p. Normal Xbox has often less than 900p.

Digital Foundry already tested it and said it runs around 1000p locked 60fps
  • DerLokator

I think, they tested singleplayer only, not multiplayer and bf was just a small part from a bigger video. I’ll warch it again, but what I see is never 1080p.

PS4 pro maybe 1080p, i don’t know, but I doubt it on XBOX.

• S1mple_Jax
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Only if it still runs at 60 FPS. No point having loads of bells and whistles if the frame rate suffers. It’s already a superb looking game, it really doesn’t need anything more.

I agree, looks great and plays great. What can they/would they enhance and at what cost?

4k textures and a resolution above 1000p would be nice
  • gmcworks

I think, they tested singleplayer only, not multiplayer and bf was just a small part from a bigger video. I’ll warch it again, but what I see is never 1080p.

Lmfao you're clearly holding on to a dying console. The Xbox One X can do circles around the PS4 Pro
  • DerLokator
    edited November 15

Lmfao you're clearly holding on to a dying console. The Xbox One X can do circles around the PS4 Pro

Apart from I own the XBox one X not because I’m a Sony fanboy, the x can be 10* better than the PS4 pro, if battlefield gives the PS4 a patch witch 1080p, but not to the Xbox. It is not 1080p.

Watched the dig foundry vid again, he talks only 10 secs about it and says dynamic resolution up to 1000p, not 1080p, also, like I said, he shows only the singleplayer. It is possible, that if the singleplayer runs up to 1000p, multiplayer runs only up to 900p, because singleplayer is much easier to handle for xbox than a conquest game. I see there more sth like 900p.

For example Monte Grappa frostbite destruction from the mountains is in the singleplayer, was also planned for multiplayer, but then they cancelled it because it needed to much computing power.
  • Tylytys
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    When x patch comes i can actually buy season pass. Not before.
  • DerLokator
    Tylytys wrote: »
    When x patch comes i can actually buy season pass. Not before.
    Then have fun by finding operations and small game servers ;P
  • DeathstrokeTR
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 15
    What's taking too long,Pro has the patch already months ago,at least give us an approximate eta,or say that you are working on it.As for now we don't even know there will be an enhancement patch,no official word yet.A little bit of communication would be appreciated.We didn't buy the X to play our favorite multi shooter at standard One(more or less) settings.Thanks in advance.
  • i_Goof_i
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What's taking too long,Pro has the patch already months ago,at least give us an approximate eta,or say that you are working on it.As for now we don't even know there will be an enhancement patch,no official word yet.A little bit of communication would be appreciated.We didn't buy the X to play our favorite multi shooter at standard One(more or less) settings.Thanks in advance.

It's obviously a No.

Ya'll need to relax. Who freaking cares, its a 1 year old game. You're acting like kids who complain their not getting a toy when their sibling does. "Boo Hoo, PS4 PRO got a patch, how come we're not?"

PS4 Pro is one year old, what else is one year old you ask? This game!

Get over it! The Game Runs Perfect as good as it's gonna get on the X, lets not screw that up with a patch.

• Tylytys
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i_Goof_i wrote: »

It's obviously a No.

Ya'll need to relax. Who freaking cares, its a 1 year old game. You're acting like kids who complain their not getting a toy when their sibling does. "Boo Hoo, PS4 PRO got a patch, how come we're not?"

Get over it! The Game Runs Perfect as good as it's gonna get on the X, lets not screw that up with a patch.

Tomb raider got patched and it looks awsome. And its way older game.
  • i_Goof_i
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Tylytys wrote: »
    i_Goof_i wrote: »

It's obviously a No.

Tomb raider got patched and it looks awsome. And its way older game.

Yeah, Pacman was also enhanced too, but both of those are "cult classic" games.

• DRYHITTER
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah I'm fine with the way it is now on the X, it's smooth, looks good and HDR is beautiful.

I'd rather EA/DICE spent all the time and effort on the remaining DLC and the next game.
  • DerLokator
    Performance is good on the X, but hit detection is still bad. They should also finally get that server performance smooth.
  • APBT
    729 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah I'm hoping it's patched on the X. Pro has me spoiled. The X version looks OK but its a notch below the Pro in terms of graphics.
  • The_Warminds
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Higher resolution at the expense of frame rate is a terrible idea. On the One X in conquest there are already circumstances that the frame rate is not a constant 60 fps. I'm surprised to see players asking for lower fps... such a shame. It's actually an amazing console for bf1 right now, the dynamic resolution is higher, and the frame rate is very good. Who plays multiplayer fps at a higher resolution at the expense of frames? I've never heard of that in many years of pc gaming. Please don't turn the One X into a brick. bf1's competition is at 60 fps. I'm so sick of people saying 'I play cod because it's smooth', finally bf1 on console measured up in terms of performance. smh.