Operation Eastern Storm

13»

Comments

• Ploodovic
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just had the weirdest Red Tide match ever, as a Red Army soldier.

We won without losing a single battalion.

A
    SINGLE
    BATTALION

We even managed to get through Tsaritsyn in less than five minutes. I barely got any time to get XP, so I mostly watched this team blaze through this map as if it was the easiest thing in the world...

On a more serious but still positive note, I did manage to get another piece for the Russian Award Knife today. At this rate, I'll have it in a few more days.

Do you play on PlayStation? If so, I could’ve been on the losing side, on that round. The first sector of Tsaritsyn, which can be an absolute nightmare to take, the attackers lost 1 ticket! No, I’m not talking about how you get tickets back, when you kill enemies that are retreating, I mean they had 1 death. Yes, the defenders had a full team.

I got like 800 points that round, or something. Nice team balance. :)
  • FoundNoGamerTag
    132 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    One thing is for sure. When I'm done with this I'll never ever play operations on these maps again. I played for roughly 4 hours tonight, on the attacking team in every game (don't know if this is due to me exiting to the main meny after each game), loosing EVERY round. Is this just bad luck or is anyone actually winning any game on the russian maps when on the attacking team?

Brusilov offensive is possible to win as attack. I feel this operation is pretty balanced now.

Red tide however is a complete different story. Winning as an attacker is almost to impossible!? But then again, Tsaritsyn (by far the worst map ever) is designed in such a stupid way that when you get the first 2 sectors, you pretty much one the game. The last 2 sectors are just impossible to defend.
    But yeah getting through the first map on this operation is difficult enough I guess.
    I’ve only once seen attackers win.
    No matter what team you are on, the whole operation is not enjoyable and every situation is just a complete chaos.

Horrifyingly bad maps!
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    I just had the weirdest Red Tide match ever, as a Red Army soldier.

We won without losing a single battalion.

A
    SINGLE
    BATTALION

We even managed to get through Tsaritsyn in less than five minutes. I barely got any time to get XP, so I mostly watched this team blaze through this map as if it was the easiest thing in the world...

On a more serious but still positive note, I did manage to get another piece for the Russian Award Knife today. At this rate, I'll have it in a few more days.

Do you play on PlayStation? If so, I could’ve been on the losing side, on that round. The first sector of Tsaritsyn, which can be an absolute nightmare to take, the attackers lost 1 ticket! No, I’m not talking about how you get tickets back, when you kill enemies that are retreating, I mean they had 1 death. Yes, the defenders had a full team.

I got like 800 points that round, or something. Nice team balance. :)

I used to play games on the PS3/PS4, but I just stick to PC gaming nowadays, though I do wish I had a better PC... maybe later.

Another strange game on Red Tide happened, but in a not-so-good way this time. I joined a game on Tsaritsyn as a White Army soldier, and noticed that the enemy team had three battalions - they managed to win in about 5 minutes. I was pretty much the only one on the flags, and the enemy team was absolutely determined to get those flags. I'd be on an objective, and in a matter of seconds, a massive horde of enemies would storm my position - I stood no chance, not on my own. I kind of thought about how German soldiers felt decades after this battle in the same city, now called Stalingrad, fighting the Zhukov's pincer movement, slowly crushing us to death. It didn't matter if you killed dozens of them. It didn't matter that you had superior equipment. There were so many soldiers coming towards you that you were bound to get overwhelmed.