Absolutely broken armor bouncing

Comments

• FookDat
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 14
    I am a game tester for many games... Every single update or change in a game, even spelling changes... you need to test every single aspect of a game. Every shot or round at every type of enemy and every type of explosive and every map, every type of operating system you support and different graphics drivers and video cards and cpus. To ensure the game works correctly! I have seen so many people in the past make simple changes and it breaks other parts of the games. Even testing all can work fine but then repackaging the installation files can break the game with errors if not tested after pushing the update out. QA testing is very tedious to say the least. There are thousands and thousands of line of code that must be tested after every single update or change and it costs a lot of money to have testers so a lot of the times they try to take shortcuts, but we all know how we think taking a shortcut works out for us...
  • StarscreamUK
    4451 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    As above and a single character wrong can cause untold damage
  • SH1GGLES
    723 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    But I'm still rather curious about how this got into the game in the first place. Like, I would have to imagine part of the updating process is having dedicated testers play at least a few games with the new version.

No different than the spotting glitch from the previous update. It was never in CTE so they got sloppy (again) and voila, hello glitch.

• MarxistDictator
    3115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    That's only because there was no CTE update between then lol. We get it, you could totally make a better game.

I'm only concerned with when it gets fixed, how it came about is literally irrelevant to the gameplay.b
  • l-Jemma-l
    157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I do not have an ETA on a fix. The Dev team and QA teams are investigating currently and working to address this as soon as possible.

-Braddock512-
    ASAP.... does that harbor a hotfix? I know DICE is not likely to do hotfixes because of practical reasons and the past history where they let millions of players waddle through glitches for 3 months.

• Forkbeard84
    1179 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I wanted to chime in here to confirm the tank ricochet glitch and also say thanks to @Braddock512 for giving us an update here.

I first really noticed the glitch a couple of days ago. I was in a heavy tank battling various landships and we kept hitting each other for only 2 damage each time. I also noticed people hitting my tank and getting just 2 damage.

If you want to take a tank out with rockets, cannons, kbullets, etc, aim for its side.

Tanks have got some pretty good armor right now. Its a good time to take one out for a spin.
  • l-Randy-I
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SH1GGLES wrote: »
    But I'm still rather curious about how this got into the game in the first place. Like, I would have to imagine part of the updating process is having dedicated testers play at least a few games with the new version.

No different than the spotting glitch from the previous update. It was never in CTE so they got sloppy (again) and voila, hello glitch.

• FookDat
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Try the tank hunter land ship vs the heavy tank lol

I will admit in the past every shot that hit me would do massive damage and never ricocheted off me and I got annoyed. I like that more shots ricochet from certain target zones now but it just happens way to much at the moment and needs some serious tweaking. The at rocket gun has long range and should have limit on damage from distance shot or more common ricochets. The ricochet does encourage more use of at mines and grenades and aiming more to high value target damage zones on vehicles.

I do think the anti tank grenades need I hate to say a little nerf.... for this reason only. They look like the heaviest grenade out of them all if I am correct. but we seem to be able to throw them the length of a football field? The distance should be shortened for anti tank grenades since they are so powerful and heavier.

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    913 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 17
    *changed post*
  • 1ToxicBeef1
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lol it's like WoT next we will have good shells that cost real money
  • StarscreamUK
    4451 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    This isn't exactly related to the thread's topic, but is related to something that was discussed a few pages ago.

https://kotaku.com/the-curious-case-of-the-ea-game-dev-who-said-he-receive-1820474458

Turns out that the 'death threats' might have been made up.

Nothing to do with this thread or subject.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    913 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This isn't exactly related to the thread's topic, but is related to something that was discussed a few pages ago.

https://kotaku.com/the-curious-case-of-the-ea-game-dev-who-said-he-receive-1820474458

Turns out that the 'death threats' might have been made up.

Nothing to do with this thread or subject.

Fair enough. Now that I think about it, this post might cause more drama than necessary, so its better to just get rid of it.
  • SilasCybin
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    As above and a single character wrong can cause untold damage

Isn't that what QA is for? Forgot, we paid them to be QA. Carry on.
  • FightingSioux8
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is a bug from the new update, and it is very annoying. It will definitely be fixed. Until then, use the gas assault assault tank--guaranteed to get a decent amount of damage on land ships and heavy tanks. The most ironic thing is french assault tank, the best tank for causing deflections pre-patch, is now the easiest tank to hit.
  • robmcewen
    1583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just played the Amine operation using the ST Chamond tank as I'm fighting my way down the street an enemy tank rounds the corner another ST Chamond. After a long tank duel doing only 2 points of damage with each hit, we both realised it was pointless in trying to kill each other so we concentrate on each others infantry support trying to force one of us to pull back.

It felt a scummy move to farm kills on the infantry and ignoring the tank that was right in front of me doing the same thing. But it was the only way to push up the street, this is the biggest game breaking bug this game has had and it needs fixing fast.
  • Teh_Next
    1534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    FookDat wrote: »
    I am a game tester for many games... Every single update or change in a game, even spelling changes... you need to test every single aspect of a game. Every shot or round at every type of enemy and every type of explosive and every map, every type of operating system you support and different graphics drivers and video cards and cpus. To ensure the game works correctly! I have seen so many people in the past make simple changes and it breaks other parts of the games. Even testing all can work fine but then repackaging the installation files can break the game with errors if not tested after pushing the update out. QA testing is very tedious to say the least. There are thousands and thousands of line of code that must be tested after every single update or change and it costs a lot of money to have testers so a lot of the times they try to take shortcuts, but we all know how we think taking a shortcut works out for us...

Game Tester as in that's your job title or you play alpha (closed, public) models and beta ?

• FookDat
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    FookDat wrote: »

Game Tester as in that's your job title or you play alpha (closed, public) models and beta ?

Paid to test games. Not just play them for fun.
  • l-Jemma-l
    157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So whens the fix coming ?
  • l-Jemma-l

enjoy
  • StarscreamUK
    l-Jemma-l wrote: »
    So whens the fix coming ?

when it's done.

seriously, you wont get any other answer until it's done.