Hit Detection

Comments

• VBALL_MVP
    4109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I don't blame anything the videos have shown it. You ever find it interesting that many people who complain are using guns with high spread and long recovery like medic guns or with low bullet velocity guns? Mechanics and physics play a big part of the game and yet many think that just because a dot is on the enemy it means a guaranteed hit.

Them physics and mechanics do they kick into action when you jump off a roof and take no damage then jump off a roof half the size and die? That the mathematical wizardry in the game you speak of? You honestly think this game is that advanced? I mean really hahahaha this before or after a shotgun takes you out at a silly range or when you get the jump on someone with an autimatico they turn and kill you with an LMG?
    Hey I've been critical about the ridiculous fall physics in this game. I have posted a video of me falling off the same building, from the same spot, only to have one time to get damage and another time to be unscathed. But I haven't brought it too much in here since it was off topic. But in terms if gun mechanics I do think this game is super advanced, just check out all the variables each gun has in Symthic...if you go to weapon comparison you can get the real nitty gritty variables. I find it cool..but hey I'm a data junkie.

I appreciate your suggestion on threads, there are many out there, some that have people looking at various issues like high pings when they connect. Many good conversations there. I post here because I am a console player and with this being a sticky it is at the top.
  • VBALL_MVP
    4109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 14
    Theres nothing wrong with being a data junkie if the data your analyzing is correct within the game. I am not saying its not I just dont see how its possible for fall physics to be so wrong and yet believe all sweet spot, damage value versus distance and sometimes crazy fire deaths are correct.

And the state of the game is a sticky and from the looks of it may well be populated with console and PC gamers.

Sometimes people just say whats happened to them in game. I played European and OOR earlier and at least one out of three shots from a medic rifle didnt register. Did I miss some of those shot...definetly I did....did I miss all of them well a lot where point blank.....it was TDM. Not after perfection but the variation in the hit registration is at best worthy of an official explanation and or an investigation.

I never said the game runs perfect. I have stated there are coding issues (invisible walls, tank not registering shots, fall damage) and issues with the servers. I challenge that it's all due to high ping players and OOR.

Some people have muddied the position of some have with the thought that the game has no flaws.....this is hardly the case. But some of the accusations here on why things are happening do require some visual and data driven proof. Like I stated before, one wouldn't blindly believe someone who stated the game is full of hackers on console....why doesn't that hold true for other accusations, espically when there have been so many cases of misunderstandings.
  • digga11
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Very occasionally a person pops up stating hacking on either PS4 or Xbox platforms but I’ve lost count of the people and the complaints are coming in thick and fast from both platforms regarding hit detection issues.
    And the funniest thing is if anyone provided any proof of either platforms getting hacked the relative companies would be all over it like a rash.
    Silly comparison really
    And I can’t really remember anyone blaming everything on oor or high ping that’s where hit detection comes in and that’s this thread.
    Do you think hit detection issues exist.
  • VBALL_MVP
    edited November 15
    digga11 wrote: »
    Very occasionally a person pops up stating hacking on either PS4 or Xbox platforms but I’ve lost count of the people and the complaints are coming in thick and fast from both platforms regarding hit detection issues.
    And the funniest thing is if anyone provided any proof of either platforms getting hacked the relative companies would be all over it like a rash.
    Silly comparison really
    And I can’t really remember anyone blaming everything on oor or high ping that’s where hit detection comes in and that’s this thread.

Again, you are missing the example. But again you stated you can't remember anyone blaming everything high ping so I figure you must be just trying to be difficult cause all one has to do is go back a page or two to see that.

It's obvious you are just trying to bait for a reaction with nonsense and still no proof on any of your claims.
  • lizzard
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Silly comparison really

Again, you are missing the example. But again you stated you can't remember anyone blaming everything high ping so I figure you must be just trying to be difficult cause all one has to do is go back a page or two to see that.

It's obvious you are just trying to bait for a reaction with nonsense and still no proof on any of your claims.

If you weren't baiting people in to never-ending arguments about the ping and oor issues.
    You would never write such a thing.

There is something regarding poor hitreg, lowpinger vs lowpinger. In almost half of the posts in this thread, by so many people!
    The same people that you are constantly attacking. Only because you have some hatred against them, cuss you think they are racists and hates everyone with a non European name..

Seriously that is exactly how it looks, and that is how you have been working the battlefield forum since several years!

Imagine if you could dedicate all that effort in to bug hunting... Then maybe you could contribute in a somewhat constructive way.
  • VBALL_MVP
    edited November 15
    lizzard wrote: »
    Silly comparison really

If you weren't baiting people in to never-ending arguments about the ping and oor issues.

There is something regarding poor hitreg, lowpinger vs lowpinger. In almost half of the posts in this thread, by so many people!
    The same people that you are constantly attacking. Only because you have some hatred against them, cuss you think they are racists and hates everyone with a non European name..

Seriously that is exactly how it looks, and that is how you have been working the battlefield forum since several years!

Imagine if you could dedicate all that effort in to bug hunting... Then maybe you could contribute in a somewhat constructive way.

Maybe you should lead by example.

You can start by not telling half truths. Just look at your posts on the previous page...everything you stated was in regards to high pingers....i haven't seen a single time where you complained about having hitreg issues with a low pinger.
  • HillbillyJohn
    411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wow! I hadn't played since the last patch until tonight and I have to say that for me the game has gotten worse with each patch. Shot a lot of players in the back and they turned and killed me but they had 100% health. I think the game is already on EA access so maybe they are more interested in selling SWBF2 than fixing their BF1 mess.
  • lizzard
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Silly comparison really

You can start by not telling half truths. Just look at your posts on the previous page...everything you stated was in regards to high pingers....i haven't seen a single time where you complained about having hitreg issues with a low pinger.

Hitreg issues between lowpingers is one of the main things I have been complaining about since bf4!
    And I have stated that if we are going to solve those issues. We need to eliminate the influence from highpingers! That is what I have said, over and over and over again!

I see that you continue to twist the truth, and fabricate things. That is pure trolling, and that goes hand in hand with how you operate.

Did you get a time out for a month, for being a productive and nice guy?

We all know, its impossible to polish a potato in to a diamond.. Just saying.
  • VBALL_MVP
    Silly comparison really

Hitreg issues between lowpingers is one of the main things I have been complaining about since bf4!
    And I have stated that if we are going to solve those issues. We need to eliminate the influence from highpingers! That is what I have said, over and over and over again!

I see that you continue to twist the truth, and fabricate things. That is pure trolling, and that goes hand in hand with how you operate.

Well I see you will continue to misrepresent yourself and anybody else. When you decide to come back to reality we can have a discussion but I am not going to derail this thread constantly having to correct your misrepresentations of myself as well as yourself.
  • digga11
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wow! I hadn't played since the last patch until tonight and I have to say that for me the game has gotten worse with each patch. Shot a lot of players in the back and they turned and killed me but they had 100% health. I think the game is already on EA access so maybe they are more interested in selling SWBF2 than fixing their BF1 mess.

Think they have their hands full with battlefront 2 buddy. Just broke the record for most dislikes on
    Reddit this week. Think they have had to make some swift changes due to all the fuss people are kicking up.
  • lizzard
    iSpyRecon wrote: »
    mischkag wrote: »
    The problem is that a generally smooth game also comes along with a delay in response. Imagine everybody gets a significant delay in movements to counter lags. Whenever somebody hits you, you will get hit very much delayed and the hit around corner issues happen. So it is a fine balance. It mainly need to get improved for high ping players which often come along with an inherently high ping variance too.
    Well for the customers point of view I can see that Hit Detection and Damage calculation/application is the same thing as the result of it is what matters. You are not the only or first ones to report the issue, so there is definitely some problem(s).I am looking into this and hope to be able to improve it for the future. Thanks for bringing it up.

Why don't you ping limit at least servers you are asking us to pay for and that way, we can control our own "delicate balance?" Since BF3, it's well known that players with server locations opt to play out of region. There is a reason why they do so.
    There were some good suggestions in this forum with regards to region locks.The issue is being discussed at a higher level now.As you already saw are more regions now being covered.We already getting to the bottom of the issue.We hope to have something tested on CTE in January and based on that feedback see where we are at.Thx for your patience.

Ah. Well that sir is a far better answer that t1ggrs "the Japanese players on your local US east are just good players." Thank you for hearing us!!
    Silly comparison really

Well I see you will continue to misrepresent yourself and anybody else. When you decide to come back to reality we can have a discussion but I am not going to derail this thread constantly having to correct your misrepresentations of myself as well as yourself.

Im only correcting you.
    Saying that people have not brought up bad hitreg and server issues, and simply blame everything on highpingers. That is pure baiting from your side..
  • VBALL_MVP
    edited November 15
    The problem is that a generally smooth game also comes along with a delay in response. Imagine everybody gets a significant delay in movements to counter lags. Whenever somebody hits you, you will get hit very much delayed and the hit around corner issues happen. So it is a fine balance. It mainly need to get improved for high ping players which often come along with an inherently high ping variance too.
    Well for the customers point of view I can see that Hit Detection and Damage calculation/application is the same thing as the result of it is what matters. You are not the only or first ones to report the issue, so there is definitely some problem(s).I am looking into this and hope to be able to improve it for the future. Thanks for bringing it up.

Why don't you ping limit at least servers you are asking us to pay for and that way, we can control our own "delicate balance?" Since BF3, it's well known that players with server locations opt to play out of region. There is a reason why they do so.
    There were some good suggestions in this forum with regards to region locks.The issue is being discussed at a higher level now.As you already saw are more regions now being covered.We already getting to the bottom of the issue.We hope to have something tested on CTE in January and based on that feedback see where we are at.Thx for your patience.

Ah. Well that sir is a far better answer that t1ggrs "the Japanese players on your local US east are just good players." Thank you for hearing us!!
    Silly comparison really

Im only correcting you.
    Saying that people have not brought up bad hitreg and server issues, and simply blame everything on highpingers. That is pure baiting from your side..

Again more misrepresentationsn half truths and not understanding what the word "some" means. To you the word "some people" means everyone but that's not the real definition.

How about staying on topic instead of stretching the truth and making false accusations?.
  • redenya
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Whatever it is, I'm sure we all agree, something is amiss. .personally I blame it on the boogie. .
  • oof14346
    891 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Think they have their hands full with battlefront 2 buddy. Just broke the record for most dislikes on
    Reddit this week. Think they have had to make some swift changes due to all the fuss people are kicking up.

My one hope is that they iron out the monetization stuff and microtransactions by the time the next Battlefield title comes out.
  • digga11
    oof14346 wrote: »

My one hope is that they iron out the monetization stuff and microtransactions by the time the next Battlefield title comes out.

So do I. Not a good direction to be going in.
    I do wonder if this is the end of decent gaming as we now it but to be honest it’s within our grasp to change it by not buying it.
    2000 hours to unlock top characters in that game or pay to do it earlier, the big hurrah after led to a rapid change of tack by them.
    Star Wars is always going to be a expensive carry on but the risk of a backlash is high.
    Games like pubg and others in the pipeline may steal their mojo.
    As far as the bf series goes I think they should try to stay loyal to the original team play ethic and style of game play.

• oof14346
    891 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I do wonder if this is the end of decent gaming as we now it but to be honest it’s within our grasp to change it by not buying it.
    2000 hours to unlock top characters in that game or pay to do it earlier, the big hurrah after led to a rapid change of tack by them.
    Star Wars is always going to be a expensive carry on but the risk of a backlash is high.
    As far as the bf series goes I think they should try to stay loyal to the original team play ethic and style of game play.

I hope they find a nice balance. I'd rather have a microtransaction system than the current season pass.
  • lizzard

Silly comparison really

Im only correcting you.

Again more misrepresentationsn half truths and not understanding what the word "some" means. To you the word "some people" means everyone but that's not the real definition.

How about staying on topic instead of stretching the truth and making false accusations?.

Laughing so hard I almost cant breath!

Your like a broken record. The main things you constantly accuses me and "some other guys of" is exactly what you do over and over again to everyone you dont like.

There is no highpinger advantage, only disadvantage.

Random spread.

You don't understand the gamemechaniks.

Its your ISP.

You're fabricating things.

That's not what I said.

You said..... Etc etc etc...

you state that the netcode and the servers are crap.
    The next you're trolling som poor guy that says the exact same thing. While relentlessly saying that its he's fault that he have issues with the game. For some of the above reasons.

Almost everyone your arguing with. Have said that there is server issues!
    That there is hitreg issues against both lowpingers and highpingers!

The big difference is that those guys would like to eliminate every influence from highpingers!
    Because that is the only way we can prove that the hitreg issues cant be connected to highpingers!

If a server rejects every highpinger. And still have hitreg issues, without the warning icon for serverdegradation is flashing.
    Then we have proven the hitreg issues is rooted in the game, and not in the networking!

That is what the core topic have been since bf3. And that is the same thing you say that you whant fixed!
    But still Somehow, you and your sympathists constantly steps in and starts to argue and troll everyone.. Its amazing.. There can only be one explanation to such a behavior.
  • digga11

I hope they find a nice balance. I'd rather have a microtransaction system than the current season pass.

It will be interesting to see what direction it goes in tbh.
  • VBALL_MVP
    edited November 15

Silly comparison really

Im only correcting you.

Laughing so hard I almost cant breath!

Your like a broken record. The main things you constantly accuses me and "some other guys of" is exactly what you do over and over again to everyone you dont like.

There is no highpinger advantage, only disadvantage.

Random spread.

You don't understand the gamemechaniks.

Its your ISP.

You're fabricating things.

That's not what I said.

You said..... Etc etc etc...

you state that the netcode and the servers are crap.
    The next you're trolling som poor guy that says the exact same thing. While relentlessly saying that its he's fault that he have issues with the game. For some of the above reasons.

Almost everyone your arguing with. Have said that there is server issues!
    That there is hitreg issues against both lowpingers and highpingers!

The big difference is that those guys would like to eliminate every influence from highpingers!
    Because that is the only way we can prove that the hitreg issues cant be connected to highpingers!

If a server rejects every highpinger. And still have hitreg issues, without the warning icon for serverdegradation is flashing.
    Then we have proven the hitreg issues is rooted in the game, and not in the networking!

That is what the core topic have been since bf3. And that is the same thing you say that you whant fixed!
    But still Somehow, you and your sympathists constantly steps in and starts to argue and troll everyone.. Its amazing.. There can only be one explanation to such a behavior.

That's the point there is no correlation between high ping and server performance.

Let's look at it in a common sense approach. When people are on servers with no high pingers and still have issues...which people have claimed...the root issue is not high ping.