This Week in Battlefield V

as much as i've enjoyed BF1 ,it may be time to slow down.

huricanechuck
1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
as I said slow down ,not stop playing altogether. just downloaded CODWW2 the other day ,and though I haven't got to play much multiplayer yet . my first impression is ,this is actually and surprisingly a pretty good game. I gave up on COD after the Ghost garbage ,but since they decided to go back to WW2 theme, I thought ,why not ,i'll give it a try. and to my surprise it's working out pretty good so far. nice customization, fun bot mode(hint DICE, bot mode). good campaign.haven't tried the zombie mode yet ,cause quite frankly ,I'm a bit burned out on the zombie theme. but what little multiplayer I have got to play seems to run nice and smooth. and the best part LMGs even the lewis gun ,actually shoots bullets instead of BBs, and can actually do real damage to the enemy. sure the game still has a few issues that need to be ironed out. but overall a pretty good,fun game .IMO. not quitting BF1 ,but for now my attention will be elsewhere.

Comments

• Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Enjoy your 6v6, tiny maps, farce of a game. I hated it when I tried the beta.

A BF fan that's dislikes CoD?

What an oddity. /s
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its ok. Nothing spectacular. Its not going to pull me away from Battlefield that's for sure. Zombies was kinda boring. Played online once and we got to wave 25-30 and i began too get bored out of my mind with it.

Multiplayer is ok but the maps are poorly designed. Some of the worst maps I've ever seen in a call of duty game.

Campaign was ok until the SOE mission. That's when they lost me. A Kubelwagen should NOT be able to derail a freaking armored train! The whole scene was so over the top and something I'd expect out of a Looney toons cartoon than a video game trying to portray the war with a serious tone to it.
  • huricanechuck

to each their own , i'm not saying the game is a masterpeice, nor will i abandon BF. just a fun "new toy" for now.
  • Solid_SkG
    1134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I dont know if you are on pc but if you do how can you play this game without a server browser?Its obvious that after cod4 every other cod is made for consoles thats why cod ww2 has the same population as bf1.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing against COD but after playing BF since BC2 it's just hard to go back and play any COD game for more than 15 minutes. I even bought COD 4 remastered thinking it would bring back the good time I had back then, but nope, it doesn't.
  • huricanechuck

p.s. enjoy your 12vs8 or 32vs24 , depending on which game mode you play.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @huricanechuck I've been in full 32v32 servers pretty much every game. Dry your eyes.
  • huricanechuck
    @huricanechuck I've been in full 32v32 servers pretty much every game. Dry your eyes.

well , good for you , dry your eyes , i'm flattered that you'll miss me so much.i'm so sure you are the only special person who has never been in an uneven match.lucky you.
  • BEFLAR
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

well , good for you , dry your eyes , i'm flattered that you'll miss me so much.i'm so sure you are the only special person who has never been in an uneven match.lucky you.
    Your drunk huricanechuck, go home.

Sleep if off buddy.

• Kattegat_Twin
    760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'll miss you? Huh? Where did I say that? All I said was that I seem to find full servers most of the time... Not my fault if that's not your experience.
  • poegle87
    126 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I purchased CoD WW2 and played all of fifteen minutes and turned it off. Not sure whether they have changed anything since but coming from BF1 I just found the entire multiplayer gameplay laughable. The movement felt really off, way the guns fired seems bland and their sounds effects were flat. I'm not that bothered about graphics, but I feel it looks pretty poor for this day and age too.

I may go give it another try soon to double check as I am desperate for something else to hop onto casually and when I end up joining server after server of one sided matches on BF1 it gets frustrating.
  • jpharrisson
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    I think people need to stop comparing these two games and trying to argue about which one is the best.

I think that you can NOT compare the two games cause they are not the same at all.

I, personally, really enjoy both by the way!

Battlefield is an amazing simulation of a real war context and Call of Duty is the opposite of that. Its a really competitive shooter game in arena like maps.

Dont buy WW2 if you want a realistic WW2 gameplay tho ;)
    Post edited by jpharrisson on
  • barfingogres217
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CoD is at its best when you don't take it seriously. Playing with your friends and having knife only matches or rocket launcher battles is the way to enjoy it. *Wistfully remembers Rust and Nuketown*
  • x-Mikuru_Beam-x
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2017
    I have 1400+ hours on BF4+BF1 and I don't mind admitting I've had a lot of fun with CoD WWII - I wouldn't dream of comparing them because they're totally and utterly different.

CoD WWII is just casual good fun for me... BAttlefield 1 is epic and awesome, the only two games I play.
  • boutneus
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gave up on COD after mw2 , all downhill after it seemed anyway from the vids I saw
  • gsenjou1193
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm more surprised that you've just started slowing down, considering the game's over a year old now.
  • NERDDOUGIE
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm more surprised that you've just started slowing down, considering the game's over a year old now.

Geez, a year old.. so? This game still stands out by far compared to rest of the games in the same category (which imho are not even there).
    boutneus wrote: »
    Gave up on COD after mw2 , all downhill after it seemed anyway from the vids I saw

Same here, thought this might be a game changer for COD again but sadly it isn't (for me). I just got ruined by BF.. Thanks DICE :)
    I think people need to stop comparing these two games and trying to argue about which one is the best.

I think that you can NOT compare the two games cause they are not the same at all.

Problem here is that I keep comparing the two as I'm still remembering COD in the golden days which to me felt more similar to BF (minus the total destruction and vehicles). For some strange reason I keep thinking that COD should be more like BF but that actually means going back to where they originally came from. More (healthy) realism, larger battlegrounds, less focus on lootboxes/pink skins, proper leaderboards with fun and difficult challenges and to keep somewhat of a competition going on with BF, focus on infantry only.

* Waking up now, since that's obviously never going to happen..

• Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NERDDOUGIE wrote: »

Geez, a year old.. so? This game still stands out by far compared to rest of the games in the same category (which imho are not even there).

Well that last sentence just confirms bias. It's still obvious that most people find other games and slow down. you'd think they'd "slow down" with it well before a year after a games release.

That's why people freak out about Bfs decline in 24h population, because for some reason they think everyone that plays BF should only play BF, and should play it every single day. And when other games start coming out and Bfs population declines because it's players are going to try new games, everyone proclaims BF is dying.

Problem here is that I keep comparing the two as I'm still remembering COD in the golden days which to me felt more similar to BF (minus the total destruction and vehicles). For some strange reason I keep thinking that COD should be more like BF but that actually means going back to where they originally came from. More (healthy) realism, larger battlegrounds, less focus on lootboxes/pink skins, proper leaderboards with fun and difficult challenges and to keep somewhat of a competition going on with BF, focus on infantry only.

I don't get what you mean. CoD3 was about as close to BF as you'd get and it's still very, very different in terms of game play and how the games are set up.

Other than that I don't remember a CoD game with a multi-player portion containing significantly larger maps than what we get nowadays, or similar game play at all in comparison to BF.

The games are just nothing alike.

Like you just pointed out - most people who directly compare these games do so SOLELY to point out how much better they think their preferred game is, and how much better the other game would be if it was like their preferred game.

BF players compare BF to CoD just to point out how much better BF is, and CoD fans compare CoD to BF just to point out how much better CoD is.

You know what I find strange? Halo is a combined arms shooter with large maps - and lately they've even moved to class setups and added a sprinting feature - but I have YET to see a BF fan compare BF to Halo.

For some reason it's ONLY CoD that gets the brunt of BF comparisons, despite the two games being virtually nothing alike apart from being fps games. People still proclaim CoD should be like BF, and the main reason I see people on this forum hate on CoD is "it's 6v6 on small maps with no vehicles". So, essentially, cod sucks because it's not BF.

This is just a small example of how humans naturally want everything they're exposed to to cater to what they enjoy or approve of.
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

boutneus wrote: »

Same here, thought this might be a game changer for COD again but sadly it isn't (for me). I just got ruined by BF.. Thanks DICE :)

I do agree. CoD is not what it once was. Up until probably MW 2 it wasnt heavily focused on run n gunning quickscoping dropshots etc. CoD 2 was a slow paced game on small maps but you couldnt just run around and do well. You had to use tactics. Play smart. Know how other players played. Use the flanking routes etc.

Cod 3 changed things up by adding larger maps larger 12v12 games and veehicles. So you had to play even smarter to get around an enemy tank or to destroy it, get into a building, flabk around the enemies etc.

CoD 4 began to get a little faster paced but the maps were designed for it and allowed the games to flow a little faster. You could run n gun but it wasnt a too effectove strategy. You still had to play carefully understand your surroundings and know how the enemy played and catch them on a flank and take alternate routes to get into a heavily defended area. WaW was similar.

Mw2 started to be more focused on fast gameplay. Started to focus less on smart tactics and more on run n gunning. You could still play smart and tactically but it was starting to be less of a focus. Maps werent designed for smart play but run n gun.

Wwii is nothing like the older games. Maps are just poorly designed the game punishes you for playing smart if you try to flank chsnces are youll be shot in the back from the 2-3 open corridors behind you, the map flow is just terrible because theres so much clutter everywhere and more places to headglitch. The best games Ive had on WWII were the games I rarely moved from a spot or area. The game doesnt feel rewarding or satisfying even when you do well. Its just....meh. Certainly doesnt have the fun factor older CoD games had.