This Week in Battlefield V

Hit Detection

Comments

• lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    lizzard wrote: »
    iSpyRecon wrote: »
    mischkag wrote: »
    The problem is that a generally smooth game also comes along with a delay in response. Imagine everybody gets a significant delay in movements to counter lags. Whenever somebody hits you, you will get hit very much delayed and the hit around corner issues happen. So it is a fine balance. It mainly need to get improved for high ping players which often come along with an inherently high ping variance too.
    Well for the customers point of view I can see that Hit Detection and Damage calculation/application is the same thing as the result of it is what matters. You are not the only or first ones to report the issue, so there is definitely some problem(s).I am looking into this and hope to be able to improve it for the future. Thanks for bringing it up.

Why don't you ping limit at least servers you are asking us to pay for and that way, we can control our own "delicate balance?" Since BF3, it's well known that players with server locations opt to play out of region. There is a reason why they do so.
    There were some good suggestions in this forum with regards to region locks.The issue is being discussed at a higher level now.As you already saw are more regions now being covered.We already getting to the bottom of the issue.We hope to have something tested on CTE in January and based on that feedback see where we are at.Thx for your patience.

Ah. Well that sir is a far better answer that t1ggrs "the Japanese players on your local US east are just good players." Thank you for hearing us!!
    digga11 wrote: »
    Very occasionally a person pops up stating hacking on either PS4 or Xbox platforms but I’ve lost count of the people and the complaints are coming in thick and fast from both platforms regarding hit detection issues.
    And the funniest thing is if anyone provided any proof of either platforms getting hacked the relative companies would be all over it like a rash.
    Silly comparison really
    And I can’t really remember anyone blaming everything on oor or high ping that’s where hit detection comes in and that’s this thread.
    Do you think hit detection issues exist.

Again, you are missing the example. But again you stated you can't remember anyone blaming everything high ping so I figure you must be just trying to be difficult cause all one has to do is go back a page or two to see that.

It's obvious you are just trying to bait for a reaction with nonsense and still no proof on any of your claims.

If you weren't baiting people in to never-ending arguments about the ping and oor issues.
    You would never write such a thing.

There is something regarding poor hitreg, lowpinger vs lowpinger. In almost half of the posts in this thread, by so many people!
    The same people that you are constantly attacking. Only because you have some hatred against them, cuss you think they are racists and hates everyone with a non European name..

Seriously that is exactly how it looks, and that is how you have been working the battlefield forum since several years!

Imagine if you could dedicate all that effort in to bug hunting... Then maybe you could contribute in a somewhat constructive way.

Maybe you should lead by example.

You can start by not telling half truths. Just look at your posts on the previous page...everything you stated was in regards to high pingers....i haven't seen a single time where you complained about having hitreg issues with a low pinger.

Hitreg issues between lowpingers is one of the main things I have been complaining about since bf4!
    And I have stated that if we are going to solve those issues. We need to eliminate the influence from highpingers! That is what I have said, over and over and over again!

I see that you continue to twist the truth, and fabricate things. That is pure trolling, and that goes hand in hand with how you operate.

Did you get a time out for a month, for being a productive and nice guy?

We all know, its impossible to polish a potato in to a diamond.. Just saying.

Well I see you will continue to misrepresent yourself and anybody else. When you decide to come back to reality we can have a discussion but I am not going to derail this thread constantly having to correct your misrepresentations of myself as well as yourself.

Im only correcting you.
    Saying that people have not brought up bad hitreg and server issues, and simply blame everything on highpingers. That is pure baiting from your side..

Again more misrepresentationsn half truths and not understanding what the word "some" means. To you the word "some people" means everyone but that's not the real definition.

How about staying on topic instead of stretching the truth and making false accusations?.

Laughing so hard I almost cant breath!

Your like a broken record. The main things you constantly accuses me and "some other guys of" is exactly what you do over and over again to everyone you dont like.

There is no highpinger advantage, only disadvantage.

Random spread.

You don't understand the gamemechaniks.

Its your ISP.

You're fabricating things.

That's not what I said.

You said..... Etc etc etc...

you state that the netcode and the servers are crap.
    The next you're trolling som poor guy that says the exact same thing. While relentlessly saying that its he's fault that he have issues with the game. For some of the above reasons.

Almost everyone your arguing with. Have said that there is server issues!
    That there is hitreg issues against both lowpingers and highpingers!

The big difference is that those guys would like to eliminate every influence from highpingers!
    Because that is the only way we can prove that the hitreg issues cant be connected to highpingers!

If a server rejects every highpinger. And still have hitreg issues, without the warning icon for serverdegradation is flashing.
    Then we have proven the hitreg issues is rooted in the game, and not in the networking!

That is what the core topic have been since bf3. And that is the same thing you say that you whant fixed!
    But still Somehow, you and your sympathists constantly steps in and starts to argue and troll everyone.. Its amazing.. There can only be one explanation to such a behavior.

That's the point there is no correlation between high ping and server performance.

Let's look at it in a common sense approach. When people are on servers with no high pingers and still have issues...which people have claimed...the root issue is not high ping.

I know. And that have been made possible, due to people raising their voices. Thats why we have ping in scoreboard now.

But still a huge majority of the comunity feels that going up against players with a bad connection, makes their gameplay experience a lot worse!

Why does that trigger you to such hostility?
    Why don't you focus on the lowpinger VS lowpinger issues.. Since that seems to be the worst part for you?

I simply can't see what you have to gain from constantly go against every one that have issues that you don't see. Other than to make the suffering guys angry..
    That behavior in my book is greifing and trolling!
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is that a generally smooth game also comes along with a delay in response. Imagine everybody gets a significant delay in movements to counter lags. Whenever somebody hits you, you will get hit very much delayed and the hit around corner issues happen. So it is a fine balance. It mainly need to get improved for high ping players which often come along with an inherently high ping variance too.
    Well for the customers point of view I can see that Hit Detection and Damage calculation/application is the same thing as the result of it is what matters. You are not the only or first ones to report the issue, so there is definitely some problem(s).I am looking into this and hope to be able to improve it for the future. Thanks for bringing it up.

Why don't you ping limit at least servers you are asking us to pay for and that way, we can control our own "delicate balance?" Since BF3, it's well known that players with server locations opt to play out of region. There is a reason why they do so.
    There were some good suggestions in this forum with regards to region locks.The issue is being discussed at a higher level now.As you already saw are more regions now being covered.We already getting to the bottom of the issue.We hope to have something tested on CTE in January and based on that feedback see where we are at.Thx for your patience.

Ah. Well that sir is a far better answer that t1ggrs "the Japanese players on your local US east are just good players." Thank you for hearing us!!
    Very occasionally a person pops up stating hacking on either PS4 or Xbox platforms but I’ve lost count of the people and the complaints are coming in thick and fast from both platforms regarding hit detection issues.
    And the funniest thing is if anyone provided any proof of either platforms getting hacked the relative companies would be all over it like a rash.
    Silly comparison really
    And I can’t really remember anyone blaming everything on oor or high ping that’s where hit detection comes in and that’s this thread.

Again, you are missing the example. But again you stated you can't remember anyone blaming everything high ping so I figure you must be just trying to be difficult cause all one has to do is go back a page or two to see that.

It's obvious you are just trying to bait for a reaction with nonsense and still no proof on any of your claims.

If you weren't baiting people in to never-ending arguments about the ping and oor issues.

There is something regarding poor hitreg, lowpinger vs lowpinger. In almost half of the posts in this thread, by so many people!
    The same people that you are constantly attacking. Only because you have some hatred against them, cuss you think they are racists and hates everyone with a non European name..

Seriously that is exactly how it looks, and that is how you have been working the battlefield forum since several years!

Imagine if you could dedicate all that effort in to bug hunting... Then maybe you could contribute in a somewhat constructive way.

You can start by not telling half truths. Just look at your posts on the previous page...everything you stated was in regards to high pingers....i haven't seen a single time where you complained about having hitreg issues with a low pinger.

Hitreg issues between lowpingers is one of the main things I have been complaining about since bf4!
    And I have stated that if we are going to solve those issues. We need to eliminate the influence from highpingers! That is what I have said, over and over and over again!

I see that you continue to twist the truth, and fabricate things. That is pure trolling, and that goes hand in hand with how you operate.

Well I see you will continue to misrepresent yourself and anybody else. When you decide to come back to reality we can have a discussion but I am not going to derail this thread constantly having to correct your misrepresentations of myself as well as yourself.

Im only correcting you.
    Saying that people have not brought up bad hitreg and server issues, and simply blame everything on highpingers. That is pure baiting from your side..

Again more misrepresentationsn half truths and not understanding what the word "some" means. To you the word "some people" means everyone but that's not the real definition.

How about staying on topic instead of stretching the truth and making false accusations?.

Your like a broken record. The main things you constantly accuses me and "some other guys of" is exactly what you do over and over again to everyone you dont like.

Random spread.

Its your ISP.

That's not what I said.

The next you're trolling som poor guy that says the exact same thing. While relentlessly saying that its he's fault that he have issues with the game. For some of the above reasons.

The big difference is that those guys would like to eliminate every influence from highpingers!
    Because that is the only way we can prove that the hitreg issues cant be connected to highpingers!

If a server rejects every highpinger. And still have hitreg issues, without the warning icon for serverdegradation is flashing.
    Then we have proven the hitreg issues is rooted in the game, and not in the networking!

That is what the core topic have been since bf3. And that is the same thing you say that you whant fixed!
    But still Somehow, you and your sympathists constantly steps in and starts to argue and troll everyone.. Its amazing.. There can only be one explanation to such a behavior.

That's the point there is no correlation between high ping and server performance.

Let's look at it in a common sense approach. When people are on servers with no high pingers and still have issues...which people have claimed...the root issue is not high ping.

I know. And that have been made possible, due to people raising their voices. Thats why we have ping in scoreboard now.

But still a huge majority of the comunity feels that going up against players with a bad connection, makes their gameplay experience a lot worse!

Why does that trigger you to such hostility?
    Why don't you focus on the lowpinger VS lowpinger issues.. Since that seems to be the worst part for you?

I simply can't see what you have to gain from constantly go against every one that have issues that you don't see. Other than to make the suffering guys angry..
    That behavior in my book is greifing and trolling!

I go after people blaming and accusing things with data or proof. The hostility towards people who have 100+ latency and that accusations of what they "cause" is destructive....most importantly when there is no data behind that hostility or hate.

On top of that the negative posts of someone having 100+ms latency and posting at the top is just portraying a atmosphere of entitlement and negativity....like just because one has 15ms latency they are expected to be in the top regardless of skill or situation.

You know my stance I've stated it many of times....if there is actual data proof about something that's one thing but making claims based off of subjective things like "feel" and leaderboard outcome is very reckless.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017

Silly comparison really

Im only correcting you.

Random spread.

Its your ISP.

That's not what I said.

Far fewer problems with no high pingers in the server. Very likely to have a great game even. But when the server is full of high pingers like they are early morning, when I get to play, you get issues. Big time. I don't think there is any advantage , but I do believe high ping, fluctuating ping cause issues.
    P.S. I don't have any proof of what I said except for what I experience while playing. I think you have stated that you play at night, mostly us east and that you don't see many high pings. When I play in the morning, also us east(I'm 2 hours from you) it is normal to be in a Conquest server where 20-30 players are oor high ping players and I'm telling you it isn't very fun.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Silly comparison really

Im only correcting you.

Random spread.

Its your ISP.

That's not what I said.

Far fewer problems with no high pingers in the server. Very likely to have a great game even. But when the server is full of high pingers like they are early morning, when I get to play, you get issues. Big time. I don't think there is any advantage , but I do believe high ping, fluctuating ping cause issues.

Late fluctuations sure, packets are coming in out of order causes the server to do more. Plain high ping, all the data and testing points opposite.
  • CurvedTax769796
    146 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2017
    Not to tech savvy but my ping runs at 14 yet I have experienced latency as high as 1035 at times usually occurring between 1500 and 1700. Today is Wednesday yet my home screen still says Happy Saturday. I'm located approximately 45 miles NNW of Boise Idaho on Mountain Standard Time. My Xbox 1 S is a dedicated wired connection. Could this explain ghost kills, where I enter a well lit room that is empty then next thing I know I'm dead and someone is crouching in one of the corners or explain my rubber shovel that hits an opponent squarely and does zero damage? Forgot to add that I play on a high end Samsung TV
  • VBALL_MVP
    Not to tech savvy but my ping runs at 14 yet I have experienced latency as high as 1035 at times usually occurring between 1500 and 1700. My home screen still says Happy Saturday. I'm located approximately 45 miles NNW of Boise Idaho on Mountain Standard Time. My Xbox 1 S is a dedicated wired connection. Could this explain ghost kills, where I enter a well lit room that is empty then next thing I know I'm dead and someone is crouching in one of the corners or explain my rubber shovel that hits an opponent squarely and does zero damage? Forgot to add that I play on a high end TV

Fluctuating ping can cause negative effects to the player. So it's possible. You are starting to get into peak internet times so that doesn't help.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not to tech savvy but my ping runs at 14 yet I have experienced latency as high as 1035 at times usually occurring between 1500 and 1700. Today is Wednesday yet my home screen still says Happy Saturday. I'm located approximately 45 miles NNW of Boise Idaho on Mountain Standard Time. My Xbox 1 S is a dedicated wired connection. Could this explain ghost kills, where I enter a well lit room that is empty then next thing I know I'm dead and someone is crouching in one of the corners or explain my rubber shovel that hits an opponent squarely and does zero damage? Forgot to add that I play on a high end Samsung TV

The empty room thing, and melee weapons made out of marshmallows. That is happening to me and my friends allso. And no one of us have pingspikes or packet loss!

Empty room issue, have been present since bf3.
    If you capture the incident and slow it down frame by frame. Your going to see the guy cloaked like the predator, just before he popps in to the game world. I belive that issue is a rendering issue in the ps4.

The ping spikes is something we rarely see in Sweden. Unless we try to play wia 2g/3g mobile Internet.

In my area, the copper net is taken down, and have been replaced by fiberoptics.
    The one's not interested in investing in fiberconnection installation. Is mainly using 4g.

Strange and sad that you guys have such unreliable connections.
  • VBALL_MVP

The empty room thing, and melee weapons made out of marshmallows. That is happening to me and my friends allso. And no one of us have pingspikes or packet loss!

Empty room issue, have been present since bf3.
    If you capture the incident and slow it down frame by frame. Your going to see the guy cloaked like the predator, just before he popps in to the game world. I belive that issue is a rendering issue in the ps4.

The ping spikes is something we rarely see in Sweden. Unless we try to play wia 2g/3g mobile Internet.

In my area, the copper net is taken down, and have been replaced by fiberoptics.
    The one's not interested in investing in fiberconnection installation. Is mainly using 4g.

Strange and sad that you guys have such unreliable connections.

There is another thread that has identified that there is an issue with NTT.net in the Netherlands. Guy did some good research, I tested on my side too and saw that NTT.net is causing issues for people connecting to dutch servers from outside the country (Germany, HongKong, USA, etc.)

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/129356/again-high-ping-on-eu-server#latest

• CurvedTax769796
    146 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2017
    Like I said I'm not to tech savvy but one thing I do know is the situation needs sorted out and in a hurry. Experiencing the same issues this morning and another one that needs fixed is the hit indicator showing the direction of incoming fire. It's so inaccurate that if it was a compass I'd get lost forever. I'm hanging by a thread as far as playing and really the only thing keeping me here is that I can play alongside my son in another part of the country other than that I'd probably wouldn't be playing. It's kind of a shame as the game is pretty good but the constant frustration is ruining it. Actually when I come to think of it there is another reason I continue to give BF1 a chance and that's EA's and DICE's presence here in the forums. It was non existent with Destiny and Bungie and the reason I quit playing Destiny so I do have to give them credit for that
  • misisipiRivrRat
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Like I said I'm not to tech savvy but one thing I do know is the situation needs sorted out and in a hurry. Experiencing the same issues this morning and another one that needs fixed is the hit indicator showing the direction of incoming fire. It's so inaccurate that if it was a compass I'd get lost forever. I'm hanging by a thread as far as playing and really the only thing keeping me here is that I can play alongside my son in another part of the country other than that I'd probably wouldn't be playing. It's kind of a shame as the game is pretty good but the constant frustration is ruining it. Actually when I come to think of it there is another reason I continue to give BF1 a chance and that's EA's and DICE's presence here in the forums. It was non existent with Destiny and Bungie and the reason I quit playing Destiny so I do have to give them credit for that

Which thread are they present in man? A dev used to post in this thread but it has been what, six months?
  • i_Goof_i
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Which thread are they present in man? A dev used to post in this thread but it has been what, six months?

Threads that do not go on forever. This thread should have died 6 months ago.

• rock1obsta
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    i_Goof_i wrote: »

This thread won't die until DICE actually gives the game the medical attention it so desperately needs.

If they continue to neglect and ignore the biggest issues, not only will this thread keep going(unless a mod locks it for some reason), but more and more players will stop playing. Even the staunchest DICE supporters(such as myself) will think long n hard *snickers* :trollface: before buying anything new they release down the road.

It saddens me greatly that they've just left BF1 by the wayside, rather than correct the glaring mistakes they've made.

I'm not even talking about the whole high ping/hit reg problems that plague most of you guys(although if that was happening to me every time I played I'd be just as pissed as you all are), as that's a conscious choice erroneously made by DICE to attempt the impossible, but I digress......
    The balance, matchmaking, the ridiculous loading times, unreliable server performance, glitches, and now, more recently, they broke the tanks by giving them all bulletproof paintjobs.

Top it all off with the apparent indifference exhibited by DICE and you have the BF1 fiasco.

Surely I missed a few issues but ya get the gist.

You’ve hit the nail on the head buddy.

Thanks, friend. :smile:
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This thread won't die until DICE actually gives the game the medical attention it so desperately needs.

If they continue to neglect and ignore the biggest issues, not only will this thread keep going(unless a mod locks it for some reason), but more and more players will stop playing. Even the staunchest DICE supporters(such as myself) will think long n hard *snickers* :trollface: before buying anything new they release down the road.

It saddens me greatly that they've just left BF1 by the wayside, rather than correct the glaring mistakes they've made.

I'm not even talking about the whole high ping/hit reg problems that plague most of you guys(although if that was happening to me every time I played I'd be just as pissed as you all are), as that's a conscious choice erroneously made by DICE to attempt the impossible, but I digress......
    The balance, matchmaking, the ridiculous loading times, unreliable server performance, glitches, and now, more recently, they broke the tanks by giving them all bulletproof paintjobs.

Top it all off with the apparent indifference exhibited by DICE and you have the BF1 fiasco.

All lies ;)
  • rock1obsta
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    MrUpvote wrote: »

All lies ;)

Ssshhhhh.....they can't know we know that they know we know what they know about what we know.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    MrUpvote wrote: »

All lies ;)

Stahp the madness
  • RakkTalk
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I had a problem today playing in a server where I was hitting a target dead on right in front of me, just a few meters and there was no hit markers detected at all. They then would hit me with a couple shots and I would die. This is only the first time this has happened, but mainly because I don't use handguns most of the time and this was an event for handguns only. Any ideas on this?
  • VBALL_MVP
    RakkTalk wrote: »
    I had a problem today playing in a server where I was hitting a target dead on right in front of me, just a few meters and there was no hit markers detected at all. They then would hit me with a couple shots and I would die. This is only the first time this has happened, but mainly because I don't use handguns most of the time and this was an event for handguns only. Any ideas on this?

Hard to tell. Could be many different things? Were you able to record the instance?