The award system for the Operations Campaign should remain indefinitly

Shadoxfilms
9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Hello!

I'm sure most of you are aware of the Operations campaign update from last week, Introduced along with the campaign were 2 award melee weapons. These weapons are only obtainable via the special battlepacks for completing the campaigns, and receiving the puzzle pieces. To my knowledge, and please correct me if I am wrong, these are only available for another 4 days.

I have not seen operations this active since launch, and it is by far my favorite of the new game modes, so props to you guys over at dice for giving the community the incentive to play these modes. What concerns me is the possibility that once the award knives are no longer obtainable, the player count will drop significantly.

So, my suggestion to DICE, is to keep the awards permanently, keep the pieces the rate they are, (I've opened 5 battlepacks so far and still only have received the first piece) This will keep operations relavent for an extended time. I would also suggest having a specific melee weapon for a certain campaign. Currently with the Russian campaign, you can obtain the Russian and french award knife. Make it so that you will only get pieces for the Russian knife from the Russian campaign, and have the French knife available with a new operation campaign focused on the TSNP maps. Possibly add a specific weapon for each campaign and that is the only way to obtain it, (USMC Mameluke sword for Kasierschlacht+Iron walls?)

Give the players a reason to play the operation campaigns, I have enjoyed massacring the red army on Volga River, and to be honest, If the melee weapons did not have a codex associated with it, I would not have started working towards them.

But, these are my opinions, let me know what you think!
How many battlepacks have you opened so far?

Comments

• DaMutha1
    1210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have opened 4, received 2 puzzle pieces (Y-N-N-Y). Honestly, I would play Operations non-stop if puzzle pieces were guaranteed. I've pretty much stopped at this point, given how long it takes, and the fact that the maps aren't great, for a 50% or less chance of a puzzle piece.
  • Shadoxfilms
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    I have opened 4, received 2 puzzle pieces (Y-N-N-Y). Honestly, I would play Operations non-stop if puzzle pieces were guaranteed. I've pretty much stopped at this point, given how long it takes, and the fact that the maps aren't great, for a 50% or less chance of a puzzle piece.

I can understand your sentiment, I've heard it quite frequently from the guys and gals in my clan, I'm just not sure I would agree that would be best for long term player retention in operations. So, question for you, If the puzzle pieces were guaranteed, would you still play operations for the battlepack skins? Is the increased rate of battlepacks worth it for you to continue to play operations? This could be another solution, perhaps make the operation battlepacks select from the entire pool of skins instead of the current revision?

That way, you can play normal modes if you want to work on getting a skin out of the current revision, but you could play the Operation campaign to try your luck at getting a skin that you missed.

Thoughts?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sure they will stay around as long as campaigns exist. And if those discontinue Dice will add knives to the regular battlepacks.
  • Shadoxfilms
    I'm sure they will stay around as long as campaigns exist. And if those discontinue Dice will add knives to the regular battlepacks.

That is what my first assumption was, but I have not found confirmation yet.
  • MarxistDictator
    4875 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd play Operations campaigns if it were simply points in the active campaigns and didn't force you to play both Operations.

Grinding Red Tide is about as much fun as a root canal
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd play Operations campaigns if it were simply points in the active campaigns and didn't force you to play both Operations.

What does that make Brusilov then, an extraction with no anesthetic?
  • ElliotLH
    8170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm betting that they'll end up in the exchange and regular battlepacks soon enough. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe there has been anything officially said about them being exclusive to the campaigns?
  • DaMutha1
    1210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »

I can understand your sentiment, I've heard it quite frequently from the guys and gals in my clan, I'm just not sure I would agree that would be best for long term player retention in operations. So, question for you, If the puzzle pieces were guaranteed, would you still play operations for the battlepack skins? Is the increased rate of battlepacks worth it for you to continue to play operations? This could be another solution, perhaps make the operation battlepacks select from the entire pool of skins instead of the current revision?

That way, you can play normal modes if you want to work on getting a skin out of the current revision, but you could play the Operation campaign to try your luck at getting a skin that you missed.

Thoughts?

Although I don't usually focus much on the skins, if there was a good chance at one of the few legendaries I don't have, that might entice me to play it. Certainly if there were a better chance at super rare vehicle skins, etc.
  • MarxistDictator
    4875 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Red Tide is like having an abcessed tooth pulled compared to Brusilov. Search your feelings you know this to be true
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017

Red Tide is like having an abcessed tooth pulled compared to Brusilov. Search your feelings you know this to be true

You just feel that way because you have the Kill All Infantry button modded on your flight stick.
  • strombergs04
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Scrapped em all lolololol.

• Sword-of-Cyric
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I am 99.9% sure that after the current ops campaign is over we simply get the next campaign with two new ops and the rewards will continue for those new maps without skipping a beat
  • Qwagm1re
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have 18 operation campaign battlepacks opened.
    3/5 on the Russian Award Knife.
    4/5 on the French Butchet Knife.

If that helps with odds people are generating.
  • dmccar1001
    627 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am 99.9% sure that after the current ops campaign is over we simply get the next campaign with two new ops and the rewards will continue for those new maps without skipping a beat

Yes I think this is the plan as well.

I also have 18 operations campaigns done ... 3 pieces total (2 for French knife). So it is painfully random if you get a piece.
  • CanonFodder23
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm 12 battlepacks for just 4 pieces.