Weekly BF

Will the calisthenics never end???

JTRIV1461
49 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
So it happened again. I was a scout, there were a large number of enemies moving across in front of me and suddenly my guy decides he needs to get up and do some jumping jacks. I laid back down, and up he goes! Needless to say I went from my hiding place to being obvious to the enemy and quickly died. This happens a lot. Especially on the TSAR maps which are flat and have little cover my guy just decides to jump up.

I just don't understand how this game has been out for a year and still you can't reliably lay on the ground without your character randomly deciding to do some jumping jacks to ensure no enemy on the map can miss you.

Comments

• dcs500
    1450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like it when you slide forward for no apparent reason while prone...
    :/
  • RichieDagger13
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I assume when you scoot a little bit and there's no room for your legs that you either slide forward or hop up.
  • JTRIV1461
    49 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I assume when you scoot a little bit and there's no room for your legs that you either slide forward or hop up.

That would make sense, but it isn't true from what I've seen. Lie prone and scan left and right and your guy will move forward. If a squad mate spawns in it will often move you forward. Likewise your character will jump up even from perfectly smooth, flat ground.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why go prone in first place? There is almost no penalty to shooting while standing, and if you’re being shot at, you’re not totally a sitting duck if you stand up. As someone who mainly play scout, the prone scouts are just too easy to headshot. If you stand up and constantly move around, you’re much harder to hit.
  • hlysprt8
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It seemed like it was fixed for a little while but then in one of the last updates I've noticed back again too. It has definitely gotten me killed on a few occasions trying to lay down in cover and heal up only to spring back up into the line of fire
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love it when my guy stands still on a slope but as soon as I ads he slides backwards.
  • WetFishDB
    2078 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 wrote: »
    I like it when you slide forward for no apparent reason while prone...
    :/

I think its when you back onto something, so it needs space for your legs so shunts you forward.
  • dfwviking
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I had actual jumping jacks yesterday. I got killed vaulting over a wall, revived and got stick in s loop of trying to vault. I could ADS and slowly walk away from the wall but as soon as I quit ADS it went right back to vaulting the wall. I could turn around and throw dynamite and set it off. It was not the old lag triple vault but a new bug. Got stuck that way for 30 seconds or so until someone happened to come by and end my misery.