Weekly Debrief

Servers switching back to Ireland again? (PC)

Jaskaman
655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2017
Hello!
I have noticed that some rented servers (PC, including ours) started to switch again to Ireland. This started this week. Sometimes I can reset it back to Netherland (empty server) but today I couldn't.
Has something changed or why this is happening again? I want our server to stay in Netherlands, not moving to Ireland since it makes pings higher and server performance bit worse.

Comments

• LumoColor
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's the same with 64p Vanilla Operations servers especially the ones for the Operations Campaigns on Ballroom/Monte, Started earlier this week, for the Russian DLC Operations Campaigns servers they were mostly in NL and were generally playing OK, now they back in IE and lagging badly at peak times.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2033 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Would be nice to hear back on the "Proof is in the pudding" hint about servers. So far the pudding has been less than savory.
  • -Antares65z
    1646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Would be nice to hear back on the "Proof is in the pudding" hint about servers. So far the pudding has been less than savory.

It's even less savory on the Battlefront 2 side of the house. Lots and lots of lag on their servers, surprising being that the game was just released.
  • CrashCA
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not surprising, EA has set a very low bar. And still can not make it
  • Jaskaman
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    I rented server for 1 day for fun event.
    Only Dublin available??
    I hope other options are coming soon, because in europe, Ireland is far from good location for servers....
    Frankfurt was promised before so let's hope its coming :)
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/341564510261477396/384334100623785985/unknown.png
    Post edited by Jaskaman on
  • LumoColor
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Dutch servers were not too clever yesterday either, played the operations campaign on one server and it was stuttering vehicles very badly, gave up after doing 30k on both ops. So hard to fly when you getting pulled back every 5 seconds or when someone shoots at you. The TSNP servers were playing OK though and had some nice games on verdun/siossions. There was a thread where someone asked about the servers moving to Germany, it was mentioned that there would be an update over a month ago...

Its also been mentioned that they are working with you guys to collect "data".
  • Jaskaman
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to see German servers as well...
  • Rombibombii
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I find dutch servers to be the most stable but not with the used host as our community has used the host which EA is using right now to run our servers in BF4 and that was quite the... yeah let's not go into that. Thing is, European infrastructure for Internet is great and Netherlands is actually the most reliable country (apparently) when it comes to high performance/stability ratio. But this host tends to cram too many servers on a single machine causing all these issues.

It's the same story with i3D over and over again and try to have a chat with former employees from that company. They will confirm that the company intentionally crams too many servers on a single machine. All that needs to be done is more machines and less servers per machine, problem solved. Aside from that, Germany location would be great though Frankfurt tends to have it's moments too with packetloss and such.

On a side note, quite amazing that server region expansion takes so much time. Especially since the actual infrastructure is already there and legally... Well there's literally nothing holding EA back. (Short version, if EA/DICE want to trade in EU they need to obide by EU law in all ways and this includes the usage of infratstructures etc etc)
  • NL73schietdammer
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    No Frankfurt very unstable, last battlefield ... hardline i didn't like Frankfurt servers at all when 1 company loses connection - we where with g-portal and our server was in frankfurt - the compettitors that also had Frankfurt servers all crashed.
  • CrashCA
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To save a $ on servers, EA compromises player experience, not improves it