300 shotgun kills... worst idea ever

Comments

• SirTerrible
    1351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The small game modes are currently not worth playing thanks to this. Well, unless you really like shotguns I guess.
  • Pungemo
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Even conquest is unpleasant. I played several games today when literally every single player, bar maybe 10, was wielding the 10-A Hunter. The particularly great thing is that the 10-A Hunter is basically a sniper rifle, and you're constantly getting one-hit at ridiculous ranges with that damn shotgun. It's preposterously and game-breakingly effective at all but the longest ranges.
  • boutneus
    2438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    These are great times to be a scout. All them desperate shotty assaults trying to close the distance lol
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Really wish some folk would stop saying get good rofl, oh I can 1 bang you with a 0 ttk I’m a god! Woooooo lol
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2726 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Revokah wrote: »
    Really wish some folk would stop saying get good rofl, oh I can 1 bang you with a 0 ttk I’m a god! Woooooo lol

You can sort of say the same thing for bolt-action rifles too, though ... right? XD
  • crabman169
    12763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Have you used a shotgun?

My 5 shots from my Sjorgen says otherwise *cough 8-15 damage if I'm lucky usually just none whatsoever cough*
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @Ferdinand_J_Foch yep the sweetspot, pfff not even going there lol

@crabman169 yep, they’re incredibly easy to use, admittedly a little inconsistent but how can you expect to kill folk at 20-30 meters in 1 bang every time, I’d be happy if they removed them from gaming entirely, they’ve never been balanced in any game I’ve ever played
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Avoid smaller gamemodes, 80% of your deaths are from 10A Hunter
  • Naklofen
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ram1c wrote: »
    I guess you're an authority on shotgun physics and game balance to decide that right?

Is DICE payin u to be an ignorant fool ?
  • Naklofen
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    I literally think DICE is trolling us.

The shotguns are broken enough to be used by players who (let's be honest) are not capable of hitting anything with other guns and play this so they can kill something.
    Personally if you want to use a broken gun and play a broken game BE MY GUEST. But DICE for **** sake why are you adding insult to injury and making this a mission? Has anyone even thought this one through? This is just ridicolus and stupid and people who actually wanna enjoy the game are met with people who killed them over 50m away with a model-10 shotty. Let's consider this :

There has been nothing but complaints about how broken shotguns and players who just seem to enjoy playing a broken game are. Let's be honest here. Who thought putting a model-10 shotgun in the CURRENT state in the game was a good idea?! Who makes a game like that? That thing has killing capabilities over 40m!!! It doesn't require you to aim, doesn't require you to be good at anything. It's facerool for players who literally just pick this weapon up and play a broken gameplay. IT makes NO SENSE why this would be a mission giving how broken and utterly destroyed the gameplay of shotguns is these days.

Again i really think DICE is just like "so i heard players hate shotguns being so broken.. let's make it a mission!! 300 KILLS! yeah! that'll show them."

Honestly DICE. **** you.

When someone who never uses shotguns complains about shotguns. Guaranteed you won’t kill anyone 50 m away with a full choke shotgun in any battlefield. The only one that probably can is the slug..Every weapon in the game can beat its range and it’s effective range is it’s most inconsistent when you can shoot a dude point blank range for 25 damage in a firefight with a slow shooting weapon it’s a death sentence.

I get it no one likes to get one shot killed by any weapon but just know for every time that player kills you they die just as much hence why you never see exclusive shotgun users dominate the leaderboards..it’s a high risk, high reward weapon because if you miss you die.

On most battlefields they are usually underutilized anyways because they are niche weapons. All the salty tears in the world won’t stop me from defending shotguns or their users..
    -Love
    a player with over 20k shotgun kills over 4 battlefields.

The point is the shotgun is for close range , maybe todays modern "shotgun rifles" can have longer range then normal ones, but NOT IN WW1 !! hittin ppl from 50m away and kill em is just playin stupid. And i dont use shotty, i just picked one once on the floor, kiiled 2 ppl with such easy from 30+m away...its cleary broken, and if ppl dont see this or just beein ignorant fools, well then we have a problem and DICE won again by trollin us like pigs, good day
  • V2Face
    2638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Ferdinand_J_Foch yep the sweetspot, pfff not even going there lol

@crabman169 yep, they’re incredibly easy to use, admittedly a little inconsistent but how can you expect to kill folk at 20-30 meters in 1 bang every time, I’d be happy if they removed them from gaming entirely, they’ve never been balanced in any game I’ve ever played

For someone who mains scout weapons I highly doubt you’ve used shotguns outside a few kills so you are incredibly biased like most people who complain in this thread. If you think they are so cheesy and easy to use post your stats on this thread of you dominating the leaderboards using the shotgun only on Conquest or Ops.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Naklofen wrote: »

The shotguns are broken enough to be used by players who (let's be honest) are not capable of hitting anything with other guns and play this so they can kill something.
    Personally if you want to use a broken gun and play a broken game BE MY GUEST. But DICE for **** sake why are you adding insult to injury and making this a mission? Has anyone even thought this one through? This is just ridicolus and stupid and people who actually wanna enjoy the game are met with people who killed them over 50m away with a model-10 shotty. Let's consider this :

There has been nothing but complaints about how broken shotguns and players who just seem to enjoy playing a broken game are. Let's be honest here. Who thought putting a model-10 shotgun in the CURRENT state in the game was a good idea?! Who makes a game like that? That thing has killing capabilities over 40m!!! It doesn't require you to aim, doesn't require you to be good at anything. It's facerool for players who literally just pick this weapon up and play a broken gameplay. IT makes NO SENSE why this would be a mission giving how broken and utterly destroyed the gameplay of shotguns is these days.

Again i really think DICE is just like "so i heard players hate shotguns being so broken.. let's make it a mission!! 300 KILLS! yeah! that'll show them."

Honestly DICE. **** you.

When someone who never uses shotguns complains about shotguns. Guaranteed you won’t kill anyone 50 m away with a full choke shotgun in any battlefield. The only one that probably can is the slug..Every weapon in the game can beat its range and it’s effective range is it’s most inconsistent when you can shoot a dude point blank range for 25 damage in a firefight with a slow shooting weapon it’s a death sentence.

I get it no one likes to get one shot killed by any weapon but just know for every time that player kills you they die just as much hence why you never see exclusive shotgun users dominate the leaderboards..it’s a high risk, high reward weapon because if you miss you die.

On most battlefields they are usually underutilized anyways because they are niche weapons. All the salty tears in the world won’t stop me from defending shotguns or their users..
    -Love

The point is the shotgun is for close range , maybe todays modern "shotgun rifles" can have longer range then normal ones, but NOT IN WW1 !! hittin ppl from 50m away and kill em is just playin stupid. And i dont use shotty, i just picked one once on the floor, kiiled 2 ppl with such easy from 30+m away...its cleary broken, and if ppl dont see this or just beein ignorant fools, well then we have a problem and DICE won again by trollin us like pigs, good day

Exaggerate much?
  • von_Campenstein
    6056 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2017

Honestly DICE. **** you.

-Love

Shotguns are the crocodile of guns, the oldest surviving gun to my knowledge that still does the job, I bet you could take any of these WW1 shotguns into modern combat without being at that much of a disadvantage.
  • AduaneroKill
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I did the achievement yesterday, and got fun. I got a Star with every gun/variant of the game, but yesterday I noticed again the huge difference between the 10-A Hunter and the rest of shotguns. Only maybe the Sjogren Inertial is worth to choosin too.
  • crabman169
    12763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Ram1c wanna upload your model 10-A hunter sniping clip?
  • dcs500
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the shotgun challenge, I played last night and didn't get killed by a single Hellriegal.
  • crimsonkni_cano
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    The crying continues one thread at a time.

We can all cry together
  • Astr0damus
    2537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    I literally think...

(let's be honest)
    Has anyone even thought this one through?

Let's consider this...

Let's be honest here.

Again i really think..

Honestly DICE..

All this talk about honesty and thinking...
    Here's the problem with your rant, first you say shotties are broken, then you say they are killing machines with a 40-watt range, so which is it?
    As V2Face pointed out (and saved me 15 paragraphs of typing) it is
    1. out-ranged by every other weapon
    2. Is a niche weapon which requires skill/guts to use.
    3. Is high-risk/high-reward.

At the end of the day, it is just a skin for a melee weapon. And when the previous mission was 15 revives for halloween dogtag, people complained that it was too easy and not even a challenge. So here is where we find ourselves. You do not have to participate (except for the getting shot by shotguns part--you do have to participate in that--and if they are such killing machines, then fight fire with fire. But I suspect you will find out that it is not as easy as it seems, especially when you find yourself in an open field vs. 2 hellriegel hosers).

Post edited by Astr0damus on
  • Astr0damus
    2537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Was curious if you could scrounge up some video from recent games where you shot someone and One-Hit-Killed them from 50 meters away?
    It may have been like that 8 months ago (not sure since I only bought the game in July of this year) but it's certainly not like that now.
    If you one shot someone from that distance, I bet the damage indicator will say +8 because they only had 8% health left.
    When I shoot someone from more than 10 meters away, I either get 8 damage on them or 4, depending on body part and how many pellets hit the mark.

Again, if it is such a good weapon, then start using it.
    I used to think sniping was easy mode until I started trying to accomplish the challenge with the sniper-shield--I have a new respect for scouts now (not much, but a little :p )