300 shotgun kills... worst idea ever

Comments

  • Astr0damus
    2534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You know what's funny? Getting these 300 shotgun kills was significantly easier (at least for me it was) than getting 15 tripwire HE kills.

    And you still have 3 days to go.
  • i_Goof_i
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    You know what's funny? Getting these 300 shotgun kills was significantly easier (at least for me it was) than getting 15 tripwire HE kills.

    And you still have 3 days to go.

    3 Days? I just played since last weekeend and couldn't help notice there was a lot of shot gunners. Does that mean this will finally end by the Tides comes out?
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    You know what's funny? Getting these 300 shotgun kills was significantly easier (at least for me it was) than getting 15 tripwire HE kills.

    And you still have 3 days to go.

    I have already unlocked the Coupe Coupe. Got it last night after a few hours of TDM. Its actually pretty decent.

    I think the Russian Axe will be unlocked in a similar manner next Friday, or on a different Friday perhaps.
  • beetroot888
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nobody's forcing anyone to use any shotgun! All you get is another dumb dog tag. Stop crying. 138 to go!
  • herodes87
    1098 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I did it fast and played conquest at Fort Vaux, Verdun Heights and Tsarazyn.

    Leveling Up the 12G Automatic, Sjoergen and M1900. Other players use just the Noob A-10 Hunter.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    I played 5 matches of CQL yesterday and was killed by a shotgun once - and it was my squad mates double barrel that an enemy picked up. There's one part saying it sucks cause shotguns are inconsistent, and another part saying it sucks because "everyone" is using shotguns.

    I've experienced more of the former and less of the latter - and that's fine with me. If you want more shotgun consistency, play TDM - if you don't want to see many shotguns, play CQL.

    No idea what everyone is complaining about apart from the time frame to complete the challenge being too tight and strict.
  • i_Goof_i
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just have to change how you play a little, knowing there is a 50% chance that assault guy you just spotted has a shotgun.
  • purpleflump
    260 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It didn't take me long, 4 matches of operations, DONE
  • Imabaka70
    2420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I got a 113 shotgun kills last night just playing assault with the m1900 slug on every map(even Galicia).
  • boutneus
    2438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Every rock contains at least 1 prone assault with a shotgun lol
  • Imabaka70
    2420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I personally ran around with squad mates it's boring laying in one spot
  • Trokey66
    7286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    So after giving this a bash(I hate shotguns!) I have come to 3 major conclusions......

    1. They are terribly inconsistent. One minute you can OHK at reasonable range the next, a whole mag won't kill (using M97 as still need that elite codex, 2 birds 1 stone and all that).

    2. There is no reason NOT to use a 10-A as it pretty much out classes most other shotguns.

    3. This is going to hurt.....

  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    Revokah wrote: »
    @Ferdinand_J_Foch yep the sweetspot, pfff not even going there lol

    @crabman169 yep, they’re incredibly easy to use, admittedly a little inconsistent but how can you expect to kill folk at 20-30 meters in 1 bang every time, I’d be happy if they removed them from gaming entirely, they’ve never been balanced in any game I’ve ever played

    For someone who mains scout weapons I highly doubt you’ve used shotguns outside a few kills so you are incredibly biased like most people who complain in this thread. If you think they are so cheesy and easy to use post your stats on this thread of you dominating the leaderboards using the shotgun only on Conquest or Ops.

    I main medic, not scouts or I have I read that incorrectly? I don’t play ops or conquest either as I don’t like vehicles the closest I’ll go is frontlines.

  • Khronikos
    2114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    I played 5 matches of CQL yesterday and was killed by a shotgun once - and it was my squad mates double barrel that an enemy picked up. There's one part saying it sucks cause shotguns are inconsistent, and another part saying it sucks because "everyone" is using shotguns.

    I've experienced more of the former and less of the latter - and that's fine with me. If you want more shotgun consistency, play TDM - if you don't want to see many shotguns, play CQL.

    No idea what everyone is complaining about apart from the time frame to complete the challenge being too tight and strict.

    To be honest I find ways to use shotguns in wide-open fields. I love the m97 hunter. But yeah shotguns can be certainly a lot more unreliable due to lag and weird hit effects than some guns.

    On the other hand I truly think 300 kills was way too many man. You are asking a lot of people over a short time. I already use the shotgun enough, and did not want in any way to have to do 300 more kills for the prize.
  • Khronikos
    2114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    So after giving this a bash(I hate shotguns!) I have come to 3 major conclusions......

    1. They are terribly inconsistent. One minute you can OHK at reasonable range the next, a whole mag won't kill (using M97 as still need that elite codex, 2 birds 1 stone and all that).

    2. There is no reason NOT to use a 10-A as it pretty much out classes most other shotguns.

    3. This is going to hurt.....

    This is not true at all. The M97 Hunter is just as good or better than the 10-A in certain ways. There is inconsistency with all of them, and 10-A hunter has a lot of inconsistency now at all distances for me.

    I exclusively use the M97 Hunter or double barrel for my shotgun needs. But I agree sometime I am like what the heck happened there I hit him square with 2/3 of those bullets. The damage drop off sometimes is crazy.
  • Khronikos
    2114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It didn't take me long, 4 matches of operations, DONE

    That is certainly putting a positive spin on this. You averaged 75 kills an operation exclusively with the shotgun.

    Depends on the operation. They can be long and tiring, especially on a losing team. Depends on who you are playing with and against. Depends on the map for sure.
  • Trokey66
    7286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    So after giving this a bash(I hate shotguns!) I have come to 3 major conclusions......

    1. They are terribly inconsistent. One minute you can OHK at reasonable range the next, a whole mag won't kill (using M97 as still need that elite codex, 2 birds 1 stone and all that).

    2. There is no reason NOT to use a 10-A as it pretty much out classes most other shotguns.

    3. This is going to hurt.....

    This is not true at all. The M97 Hunter is just as good or better than the 10-A in certain ways. There is inconsistency with all of them, and 10-A hunter has a lot of inconsistency now at all distances for me.

    I exclusively use the M97 Hunter or double barrel for my shotgun needs. But I agree sometime I am like what the heck happened there I hit him square with 2/3 of those bullets. The damage drop off sometimes is crazy.

    It is for me though.....

    This afternoon, I struggled with M97 inconsistency so switched to the 10-A and alot of that went. Back with the M97 and a lot was back.
  • boutneus
    2438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I bet he was playing Sinai Operations lmfao. Anyway I’m glad this is over, now I have a coupcoup that ill never use lol
  • DankDope99
    541 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It wasn't that bad. I hate shotguns and it took me a day.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!