300 shotgun kills... worst idea ever

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2017
    USAFguy22 wrote: »
    I don’t mind 300 kills, I just wish we had more time to complete it.

Or at least be able to toggle when you want it to start so you have 3 days from a point of your choosing.

Which would also work to spread the joy over more days for all those shotgun lovers out there.
  • USAFguy22
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Or at least be able to toggle when you want it to start so you have 3 days from a point of your choosing.

Which would also work to spread the joy over more days for all those shotgun lovers out there.

That’s actually a pretty good idea, that way we wouldn’t have a huge influx of shotgun users for the only 3 days it’s active.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think if you took away the 10a hunter, most people would be less pleased with the prospect of 300 shotgun kills. I love the 1900 but the 10a is just ridiculous.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think if you took away the 10a hunter, most people would be less pleased with the prospect of 300 shotgun kills. I love the 1900 but the 10a is just ridiculous.

I doubt it. My roommate is mediocre at the game at best, and he completed the challenge with the 1900 Slug in one day.

It's all a matter of just playing. If you persist in playing and using shotguns, you're going to reach 300 kills eventually. A couple hours a day and that challenge is more than possible for the average user to complete in 3 days. Maybe even less time if you're playing small modes or hardcore where slug variants are basically sniper rifles.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

I doubt it. My roommate is mediocre at the game at best, and he completed the challenge with the 1900 Slug in one day.

It's all a matter of just playing. If you persist in playing and using shotguns, you're going to reach 300 kills eventually. A couple hours a day and that challenge is more than possible for the average user to complete in 3 days. Maybe even less time if you're playing small modes or hardcore where slug variants are basically sniper rifles.

Of course eventually you would prevail but I was more commenting on just how powerful the 10a hunter is compared to all the other shotguns
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Of course eventually you would prevail but I was more commenting on just how powerful the 10a hunter is compared to all the other shotguns

The 10-A seems highly effective, as it is one of the most consistent shotguns in this game. However, if you miss your shot, you're in trouble, because the fire rate on this thing is terrible. You can sort of get the M97 Trench Gun Sweeper/Hunter to do the same things as the 10-A, so if you can do that, you get a shotgun with a much higher fire rate. The 1900 is also better against single targets compared to the 10-A, since the 1900 can get two shots off very quickly. Of course, you'll need to reload after every kill.

I also saw a lot of people in TDM who seemed to be quite good with the 12G Automatic. They understood that this shotgun was not an instant-kill, and needs to be spammed in order to be effective. This can make it almost as effective as the 1900 against single targets.

The Sjogren seems fairly underwhelming, even though you can do well with it. It has the potential to one-shot-kill alongside having a semi-automatic fire mode, but its a bit difficult to get that OHK. The fire rate is also much lower than that of the 12G and the 1900. Still, if you can get OHKs consistently, you can kill many enemies before reloading.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • ashar_saleem121

The 10-A seems highly effective, as it is one of the most consistent shotguns in this game. However, if you miss your shot, you're in trouble, because the fire rate on this thing is terrible. You can sort of get the M97 Trench Gun Sweeper/Hunter to do the same things as the 10-A, so if you can do that, you get a shotgun with a much higher fire rate. The 1900 is also better against single targets compared to the 10-A, since the 1900 can get two shots off very quickly. Of course, you'll need to reload after every kill.

I also saw a lot of people in TDM who seemed to be quite good with the 12G Automatic. They understood that this shotgun was not an instant-kill, and needs to be spammed in order to be effective. This can make it almost as effective as the 1900 against single targets.

The Sjogren seems fairly underwhelming, even though you can do well with it. It has the potential to one-shot-kill alongside having a semi-automatic fire mode, but its a bit difficult to get that OHK. The fire rate is also much lower than that of the 12G and the 1900. Still, if you can get OHKs consistently, you can kill many enemies before reloading.

The 1900 definitely has the advantage 1v1, but you have to play the duck and weave playstyle similar to the AL8.35 or Selb 1906. With the 10a you can take out a whole squad if youre positioning is good and you can make use of cover.

I tried the Sjogren and just couldnt be consistent with it. That was a while ago however and Im much better at using them now than I was then so I might give it another try
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I was under the impression everyone including DICE were already aware of that.

And to be fair, the 10A hunter can also be inconsistent (and I have clips recorded today that prove that) and it doesn't consistently OHK at longer ranges like everyone claims.

I used it today for about 4 and a half hours non stop, probably the second time I ever used it, and i got ONE kill with an OHK from a range that made me say "Wow, that seems broken".

Then I had instances where I'd shoot a guy center mass that's 5m away from me and land 80 or so damage - then would OHK someone 15m away.

It's a nice shotgun compared to its direct competition, but it's not the God gun everyone makes it out to be.

I was killed way more today by people using slug variants and the 1900 than I was killed by the Hunter - to the point I would actually make a remark to my friend every time someone did kill me with one.

I went into this challenge thinking I was gonna decimate people and crush them to dust with my 10A - But after nearly 300 kills in one sitting I still think I PTFO better with and prefer using the RSC.
  • SirTerrible
    1409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not so much that the shotguns are overpowered (they are way too inconsistent to be OP), it's mostly that the skill floor is really low with them. Even the worst player can ADS and have autoaim get them a free one shot kill. When you get a full server of them that just gets magnified. Then there's how they seem to behave when it comes to latency issues. No other weapon in the game seems to result in as many deaths behind cover, though that's purely anecdotal.

Mostly they just aren't that fun imo.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not so much that the shotguns are overpowered (they are way too inconsistent to be OP), it's mostly that the skill floor is really low with them. Even the worst player can ADS and have autoaim get them a free one shot kill. When you get a full server of them that just gets magnified. Then there's how they seem to behave when it comes to latency issues. No other weapon in the game seems to result in as many deaths behind cover, though that's purely anecdotal.

Mostly they just aren't that fun imo.

It's still not worse than the hellriegel.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't know how you guys do it.
    I can't kill a damn thing with buckshot shottys.

I get OHK a fair bit at some range but I can't do it myself. It's always just a few damage points then I get country murdered.

But the m1900 slug.
    She don't keep too many secrets.

• Ram1c
    edited December 2017
    I don't know how you guys do it.
    I can't kill a damn thing with buckshot shottys.

I get OHK a fair bit at some range but I can't do it myself. It's always just a few damage points then I get country murdered.

But the m1900 slug.
    She don't keep too many secrets.

Lol noice, watching that made me want to play so bad. I don't have many problems using the factory 1900, but I too hold a warm spot in my heart for the slug variant. I was destroying snipers from spawn to spawn with it on lupkow pass yesterday, it takes three shots from that range, but it didn't slow me down a bit.

Thanks autocorrect I love you so mucccccchhh!
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's as if those whining about shotguns in bf1 have never play any battlefield previously

(RNGesus search up BC2 slugs)

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    It's as if those whining about shotguns in bf1 have never play any battlefield previously

(RNGesus search up BC2 slugs)

I still can't believe that they never fixed that glitch. Then again, this is DICE we are talking about here ...
  • StrictlyBattle
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Revokah wrote: »
    Please SACK whoever thought it’d be a good idea to put that in the game, k thnx bye

I'm being honest here.
    Why is 300 shotgun kills bad?

I don't use a shotgun as my kit just curious and want to understand the issue with the 300 kills
  • KingRofty
    434 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Today I decided to try out the 10a Hunter. My goodness. How is this gun even allowed to exist? And this is AFTER the nerf to OHK distance? This gun is a beast in close quarters. You feel borderline invincible running around tearing up anyone who decides to get in front of you. It is also really consistent I found. More so than the 1900. This is close to the Hellreigel in ease of use I feel. I love it. And unlike the Hellreigel, I dont think anyone will disagree that this is far and away the best shotgun in the game

And if you use the Mle 1903 Hammerless as your sidearm (9 bullets in the mag, fire rate of 450), you're pretty much invincible up close.
  • KingRofty
    434 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You are not missing out if you don't complete the challenge, the coupe coupe is just the Hatchet with a different skin.

I unlocked it, but will always prefer to use the saber.
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Revokah wrote: »
    Please SACK whoever thought it’d be a good idea to put that in the game, k thnx bye

I'm being honest here.
    Why is 300 shotgun kills bad?

I don't use a shotgun as my kit just curious and want to understand the issue with the 300 kills

It’s that 99% of people decided to play with shotguns all weekend which as you can image wasn’t very fun at all. I do agree with most though they are very inconsistent. But from my experience I’ve never played an FPS game where the shotguns have been balanced with everything else, they have either had a distinct advantage or disadvantage
  • Kesstaducon_85
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dice should make a 300 kolibri kills, it could be fun...