This Week in Battlefield V

300 shotgun kills... worst idea ever

Comments

• Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    See that would of been really fun to do
  • ElliotLH
    8390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    +1 that some more time would have been nice. Realistically I'm not going to get another 150 by tomorrow purely as I can't get any time to play. Oh well hopefully they'll run it again in the near future
  • poropeukaloinen
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • TheNoobPolice
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

ElliotLH wrote: »
    +1 Oh well hopefully they'll run it again in the near future

For the love of god no.

• ElliotLH
    8390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

For the love of god no.

Oh I'd definitely prefer if they just awarded it but the only hope I've got now is a re-run.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017

For the love of god no.

Oh I'd definitely prefer if they just awarded it but the only hope I've got now is a re-run.

Does seem strange that a dog tag challenge of completing 20 squad orders gets the same amount of time as getting 300 shotgun kills challenge.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »

For the love of god no.

Does seem strange that a dog tag challenge of completing 20 squad orders gets the same amount of time as getting 300 shotgun kills challenge.

That zodiac tag got 7 days
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For the next challenge, DICE should require players to get 500 Hellriegel kills. If that happens, just imagine the sheer amount of posts we'll get in this forum.

The downside is, most players will get all of those kills in about two or three hours.
  • Cisco5555
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I feel so good that I have the machete, rank 112, rank 50 on assault, support and scout; Good skins in general, and also some stand out dog tags such as the elite bp collector dog tag. Damn...
  • crimsonkni_cano
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think the next one should be a 1000 kills with the HR.

Then the one after that 1000 kills as a scout.
  • SirTerrible
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    Ram1c wrote: »
    It's not so much that the shotguns are overpowered (they are way too inconsistent to be OP), it's mostly that the skill floor is really low with them. Even the worst player can ADS and have autoaim get them a free one shot kill. When you get a full server of them that just gets magnified. Then there's how they seem to behave when it comes to latency issues. No other weapon in the game seems to result in as many deaths behind cover, though that's purely anecdotal.

Mostly they just aren't that fun imo.

It's still not worse than the hellriegel.

Everyone already uses the Hellriegel so we're all used to that lol. Having to play hilariously cautious around every corner in case there's a shotgun waiting for you is boring by comparison.
    For the next challenge, DICE should require players to get 500 Hellriegel kills. If that happens, just imagine the sheer amount of posts we'll get in this forum.

The downside is, most players will get all of those kills in about two or three hours.

In what way would that be different than how it already is in the game normally? Lol.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Having just completed this challenge last night, there is one thing I would change about it: the time limit.

Not everyone has time to complete these kills. Clearly most of us here do, but what about the people that are busy the entire weekend? Why should they not be given the opportunity to complete this mission just because they have other things they have to do? This applies to the later challenges, too. I'll be on the opposite side of the world as my PC from December 16 up until the end of this Holiday event, so it will be impossible for me to complete everything. The solution would be to give each challenge more time (much more time) so that everyone can get them.

I'm sure they'll run the challenge again, but at the same time next year - when I'll likely be doing the same thing I'm doing this year. I wouldn't be surprised if the other people I mentioned will be in similar situations as mine.

We need longer time limits. I've never understood why each of these missions applies to such a small window of time.
  • SirTerrible
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think they have such strict time limits because they're trying to reward the most dedicated players for playing so much. It kind of kills the fun of getting something like this if it's super easy for everyone to get it.

Personally I'm not even bothering to get it so this isn't me going "I got mine, too bad for you!" lol.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think they have such strict time limits because they're trying to reward the most dedicated players for playing so much. It kind of kills the fun of getting something like this if it's super easy for everyone to get it.

Personally I'm not even bothering to get it so this isn't me going "I got mine, too bad for you!" lol.

Where's the fun, though?
  • SirTerrible

Where's the fun, though?

Pretty much every game of domination is full of shotgun users right now so I guess it's fun for some people.
  • BobsAndVegane

Where's the fun, though?

Pretty much every game of domination is full of shotgun users right now so I guess it's fun for some people.

Yeah, that's how I got most of my kills. Still, there were times I almost broke my keyboard.
  • Cisco5555
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    After I saw the majority of the comments, I've ended up with a tip: In order to counter the shotgun users, you could:
    - Assault : use the howdah pistol (better)/ gasser - m1870 revolver (not quite sure)
    - Medic : use a powerful - rapid fire revolver (e.g. : auto revolver/ no.3 revolver)
    - Support : use the bull dog revolver
    - Scout : use either mle1903 pistol/ no.3 revolver
    - Tanker/Pilot : use only sawed off shotgun
    - In general : mle1903/ no.3 revolver (+ automatico and SMGs, all the way)
    - I don't use or recommend the M1911 pistol, sniper/infantry/carbine models of sniper rifles, or kolibri, modello, repetierpistol - m1912, LMGs; in this kind of situations
    Also, it would help to dance a little in front of them. (from left to right/right to left and so on)
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    That’s exactly what I did, auto revolver is nice you just have to slide, a lot
  • GiovannY-398
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

c3f.jpeg
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well, seeing that everyone and their mums are complaining about shotguns I thought I'll give it a go after all. Started with the A-10 hunter (boo hiss) but got sick of seeing targets out of range and after seeing @MayorMarionBarry montage of the Model 1900 slug kills I thought I'll give it a go. Well, I think I'm in love with it the only thing that would make the gun even nicer to use would be to have the original DOOM soundtrack playing when you have it equipped.

crabman169 wrote: »
    robmcewen wrote: »

For the love of god no.

That zodiac tag got 7 days

Was it a week, still completing 20 squad orders in a week is probably a tall order for the average player.