300 shotgun kills... worst idea ever

Comments

• Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    robmcewen wrote: »

Was it a week, still completing 20 squad orders in a week is probably a tall order for the average player.

Not if you have that qwagmire guy as your godlike squad leader. He's so good he'll probably get it done in one game of tdm.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    What I learned about shotguns. They are god mode against most other classes and infuriating against other shotguns. This gif is shotgunning a nutshell from my experience against the hordes of other shotgunners over the past couple days. Now that I have the machete I won't be going back.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/WutSoFunnyJoker/gif/PitifulLividBlacklab
  • robmcewen
    2928 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ram1c wrote: »

Was it a week, still completing 20 squad orders in a week is probably a tall order for the average player.

Not if you have that qwagmire guy as your godlike squad leader. He's so good he'll probably get it done in one game of tdm.

I just find giving orders to take an objective is the best way to stop your squad from going anywhere near it. A week seems a bit generous for an easy challenge to completing 20 squad orders which most people will do in a single game. But only 3 days to get 300 shotgun kills which is more of a time-consuming challenge when not everyone has the time seems a bit harsh.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    Ram1c wrote: »

A week seems a bit generous for an easy challenge to completing 20 squad orders which most people will do in a single game. But only 3 days to get 300 shotgun kills which is more of a time-consuming challenge when not everyone has the time seems a bit harsh.

I think the difference in time constraints is because one is for a tag barely anyone will even use or notice in-game, and the other is a melee weapon that's essentially a reskin of one of the best melee weapons in the game.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

You could create your own squad and put your own orders. It could be done in a couple rounds of Conquest or Domination. Probably just one of Domination, if you go around doing nothing but capturing flags.

If that's a tall order for the average player, then 300 kills over 3 days is definitely a tall order for them (which I would venture to say it is, since a lot of people have other things to do on the weekend besides play video games).
  • robmcewen
    2928 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You could create your own squad and put your own orders. It could be done in a couple rounds of Conquest or Domination. Probably just one of Domination, if you go around doing nothing but capturing flags.

If that's a tall order for the average player, then 300 kills over 3 days is definitely a tall order for them (which I would venture to say it is, since a lot of people have other things to do on the weekend besides play video games).

I should verify that I got the Dogtag for the second time in a single match of operation on the defending team, kept spamming the defend order on the location the squad was holding. I was just lamenting the fact that most players ignore most orders and do their own thing, But that a discussion for another thread.
  • Trokey66
    8074 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After struggling to get just over 100 kills yesterday with the M97, I got 80 with the 10-A in just over an hour today.

This confirms that there is no reason to use any other shotgun than the 10-A.

Alas, life and Strictly Come Dancing prevents me from playing much more today so doubt I'll get it.

Best part of a week for 20 completed Squad orders, 3 days for 300 shotgun kills?

Cheers DICE.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    life and Strictly Come Dancing prevents me from playing much more today so doubt I'll get it.

Best part of a week for 20 completed Squad orders, 3 days for 300 shotgun kills?

Cheers DICE.

Again, I'd wager the difference in time constraints between the two challenges hinges on the fact that one is for a tag barely anyone will use, and the other is a melee weapon that's essentially a reskin of arguably one of the best melee weapons in the game.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    life and Strictly Come Dancing prevents me from playing much more today so doubt I'll get it.

Cheers DICE.

Again, I'd wager the difference in time constraints between the two challenges hinges on the fact that one is for a tag barely anyone will use, and the other is a melee weapon that's essentially a reskin of arguably one of the best melee weapons in the game.

Why would a reskin of a hatchet be worth pulling your hair out over 300 shotgun kills? Surely it would be easier to simply rank your scout class up to rank 2 and buy the hatchet with warbonds. The hatchet confers no special advantages exclusive to it, so there's no reason it needs to require 300 kills in 3 days to unlock.

Also, I remind you that another dogtag that barely anyone will notice, use, or care about required 300 kills with scout rifles. Surely it's an "exclusive" dogtag, but not a single person cares what dogtags other people have.

So why create an assignment that only the most dedicated people would bother to complete if the reward is never anything truly special? I could see this assignment making sense if they wanted to give people the M1903 Infantry, for example, but even then, 3 days is too short of a time period.
  • Loqtrall

Cheers DICE.

Why would a reskin of a hatchet be worth pulling your hair out over 300 shotgun kills? Surely it would be easier to simply rank your scout class up to rank 2 and buy the hatchet with warbonds. The hatchet confers no special advantages exclusive to it, so there's no reason it needs to require 300 kills in 3 days to unlock.

Also, I remind you that another dogtag that barely anyone will notice, use, or care about required 300 kills with scout rifles. Surely it's an "exclusive" dogtag, but not a single person cares what dogtags other people have.

So why create an assignment that only the most dedicated people would bother to complete if the reward is never anything truly special? I could see this assignment making sense if they wanted to give people the M1903 Infantry, for example, but even then, 3 days is too short of a time period.

Pulling your hair out?

Now I'm no 4kd player that destroys everything in my path - and I got 245 shotgun kills in 4 hours of playing CONQUEST. I could have gotten there even faster if I played a small game mode.

I'm here claiming shotguns are fairly inconsistent, and I still managed to rack up those kills that fast.

I'd hardly consider myself one of "the most dedicated player" when I've owned the game since day 1 and only have just over 150 hours played - but I still got it done.

300 kills with shotguns is nothing - especially when you get to use any shotgun you want. 300 kills with any weapon aside from maybe the Kolibri or Springfield Experimental is nothing. You play a couple hours a day and boom - you're done.

I barely laid a finger on shotguns since the release of this game, and I got nearly 300 kills in a few hours on the largest game mode.
  • BobsAndVegane

Cheers DICE.

Pulling your hair out?

Now I'm no 4kd player that destroys everything in my path - and I got 245 shotgun kills in 4 hours of playing CONQUEST. I could have gotten there even faster if I played a small game mode.

I'm here claiming shotguns are fairly inconsistent, and I still managed to rack up those kills that fast.

I'd hardly consider myself one of "the most dedicated player" when I've owned the game since day 1 and only have just over 150 hours played - but I still got it done.

300 kills with shotguns is nothing - especially when you get to use any shotgun you want. 300 kills with any weapon aside from maybe the Kolibri or Springfield Experimental is nothing. You play a couple hours a day and boom - you're done.

I barely laid a finger on shotguns since the release of this game, and I got nearly 300 kills in a few hours on the largest game mode.

Well done. I personally got mine in probably 6 hours total by playing Domination. However, unlike you, I really hated doing them and the entire time I felt like I wasn't going to make the deadline. Nevertheless, my comment wasn't about how whether or not the challenge itself was hard. It was a response to you saying that a reskin of a melee weapon you unlock at scout level 2 is worth grinding out 300 kills over what is a short length of time when real world obligations are factored in.

So I ask you, how does a reskin of the hatchet justify requiring 300 kills with a certain type of weapon? Getting 70,000 points as a scout is much easier.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Again with the " it's to hard" cry . Just to let ya know mines done.

They could have made it points taken. Always dumb missions, but easy to do so whatever.
  • Loqtrall

Cheers DICE.

Pulling your hair out?

Well done. I personally got mine in probably 6 hours total by playing Domination. However, unlike you, I really hated doing them and the entire time I felt like I wasn't going to make the deadline. Nevertheless, my comment wasn't about how whether or not the challenge itself was hard. It was a response to you saying that a reskin of a melee weapon you unlock at scout level 2 is worth grinding out 300 kills over what is a short length of time when real world obligations are factored in.

So I ask you, how does a reskin of the hatchet justify requiring 300 kills with a certain type of weapon? Getting 70,000 points as a scout is much easier.

Lol are you kidding me? You just said it wasn't about whether or not the challenge was hard, and then follow that up by saying getting 70,000 points with Scout would be much easier.

Is your sole reason as to why it shouldn't have been 300 shotgun kills because YOU disliked playing with them?
  • captinsmooth
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This thread needs a clean up. Lots of salty tears in here over a challenge that’s around for 3 days. I finished it and then proceeded to slaughter shotgun players at range with other weapons.
  • BobsAndVegane

Cheers DICE.

Pulling your hair out?

Lol are you kidding me? You just said it wasn't about whether or not the challenge was hard, and then follow that up by saying getting 70,000 points with Scout would be much easier.

Is your sole reason as to why it shouldn't have been 300 shotgun kills because YOU disliked playing with them?

Are you serious? I am not trying to be toxic here, this is a genuine question I have: Is your memory really this bad? Let me refresh your memory on what I was responding to (despite being in my first comment to you):

The hatchet and the Coupe Coupe are the same thing with different stats. So what is the point in giving such a short amount of time to unlock another hatchet if it's easier (comparing the two tasks) to level up your scout class?

My problem isn't with the amount of kills. My issue is with the unreasonably short time period in which you can achieve these kills. If I could just play one or two games a day and get maybe 40 or 50 shotgun kills in that day, it would be fine. A week would have been a reasonable amount of time to get the kills. However, we had three days. That means I had one night. Why? Friday night I had to be social. All of Saturday I was in another city until I got home at 10:30 at night. Today I was busy with schoolwork, with a couple minutes of procrastination here and there posting here. That left me with 6 hours from 11:00 to 5:00 to get the hatchet machete.

This machete isn't some super-special, ultra-exclusive weapon with unique stats that is only available to people who complete this task. It's hardly a reward at all. Any semblance of any achievement is taken away when you consider that the people who couldn't complete the challenge are already more than likely proud hatchet owners, unless they're one of the people who bought the game on Black Friday.

In your comment, you said that the reason there is such a short amount of time is because the machete is a reskin of a good melee weapon. So I pointed out that the alternative to get this melee weapon is to level up your scout to level 2. I was comparing difficulties to illustrate the two paths to get this weapon - either you level up your scout to level 2, or you get 300 kills with shotguns in 3 days. This is like trying to break into a house with a security system protecting the front door, but with the back door left open. If you're trying to get at something in the house (a weapon with the stats of the machete or hatchet), why would you bother with the front door (machete) if you could just go in through the back door with relative ease (hatchet)?

Am I clear now?

I can't wait to here how I'm crying about having to get 300 kills, despite me not even talking about that.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Cheers DICE.

Pulling your hair out?

Well, the reason why I completed this challenge is because the Coupe Coupe looks way better than some run-of-the-mill Hatchet. A superficial reason, yes, but a reason nonetheless.

Completionists will also be willing to do all of this, so long as get closer to having all melee weapons.
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Cheers DICE.

Pulling your hair out?

Video, or it didn't happen ;-)
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Let me ask you a different question. How did you justify to yourself (and your loved ones) that yoO would grind out the hours required to gain a crappy re-skinned hatchet.

No one was forced to do it. I think the salt in here is sad. WAH WAH WAH, "I need a new weapon that adds NOTHING new to the game........"

I played a lot this weekend. Didn't even fire a shotgun. I valued my time enjoying playing over collecting a crappy skin, for that is all it is.
  • Twitchy68
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2017
    DICE/EA has given in to the 12 year olds that just want to run around with shotguns (or fly planes to just bomb objectives).