New weapon damage model

Comments

• ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cheers, will try it.
  • MarxistDictator
    4845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The preload is avaliable now. 5.84 GB on x1.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The preload is avaliable now. 5.84 GB on x1.

Work :neutral: But have a decent download so will be alright.
  • MarxistDictator
    4845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Session is 7pm CET tomorrow, it's just possible to install now
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2017
    Yeah scouts pull in low game score. Whose surprised? Scouts are overplayed in game time, a stat that isn't shown there. Obviously because they are mostly useless and low scoring they don't appear as a large portion of kills or points I didn't even think that needed explaining. They are everywhere in game. In terms of points share it seems more equal because it takes 3 or 4 scout players' score to equal 1 of the others in most situations. This doesn't mean they're being played the same lol.

And I'm really not seeing how lowered BTK with support guns (coupled with nerfs to control and the bipod) makes it an automatic weapons only battlefield. It literally just makes it so the support class (literally the black sheep of this game he's incredibly unpopular and impotent in most gunfights) less of a speedbump when you come across one, and feels less like you're just painting every target you see when you are one.

Then other awesome things like shotgun inconsistency and medic SLR bloom and short drop off range get fixed too as an added bonus.

But here we are dumping on it because..why? I still haven't seen any above average player in favor of keeping the current TTK lol. Its the definition of unrewarding gameplay with a no effort angle (sniping). Its a total mess.

No, I didn't base my argument on the score, but on the time spent with each type of weapon. And, again, it shows that all classes except Support are pretty tied - so you can keep saying that Scout is overplayed, but it is not true.

I play mostly Support along with Medic, and I have zero issues getting the most kills in both teams and the best score.

Your last point is just a matter of opinion. Because you see the TTK change as the Salvation of Battlefield, you think that everything is wrong with how it is now. But both models have pros and cons.

And, btw, aren't you contradicting yourself, as most players with Scoutphobia?
    You usually say "omg OP Scouts with OP wallhack flares and OP rifles"; but today, it seems that they are "mostly useless and they don't appear as a large portion of kills".

Gets me wondering.
  • MarxistDictator
    edited December 2017
    Its also heavily skewed by the fact that Scout is not played in smaller modes (surprising no one really) and used more in 64p, which is where the balance of the game should be built around. Which is also where scouts choose to literally play just for kills and never even set foot outside their team's red zone.

And you're also joking if you don't think that other guns were made weaker while snipers were made much stronger. That's literally the reality of this game and why it's possible to instantly string 5 kills (or more with the SMLE or Lebel) just with single hits. Nothing even remotely similar is possible with anything else in the game lol. So how does that make the very low automatic damage (and in the case of SLRs, a short damage drop range and high shot bloom) justified? Its not. Other classes are just forced to play targets for longer periods because of the need to wait for spread to recenter or for their gun to become accurate, all while being low damaging.

Meanwhile snipers get ZERO, ABSOLUTELY NO suppression penalty in their first shot, and any shot in between where spread reset has taken place fully. Lol, and you guys call this balanced?

And I'm still waiting for all of these so called problems to unveil from the game literally bringing the other 3 classes up to the ability of the god class, all the while tackling some of the biggest complaints with each (SLR bloom and range, LMG damage and shotgun consistency). Oh wait yeah it's ALL bad because in their first pass the BAR was buffed too. Must suck to be DICE and never perfect enough for you guys who clearly understand their game so much better than them.

And if you're going to say spot flares never needed a counter then it's pretty clear who the biased one is lol.
  • The_BERG_366
    2257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its also heavily skewed by the fact that Scout is not played in smaller modes (surprising no one really) and used more in 64p, which is where the balance of the game should be built around. Which is also where scouts choose to literally play just for kills and never even set foot outside their team's red zone.

And you're also joking if you don't think that other guns were made weaker while snipers were made much stronger. That's literally the reality of this game and why it's possible to instantly string 5 kills (or more with the SMLE or Lebel) just with single hits. Nothing even remotely similar is possible with anything else in the game lol. So how does that make the very low automatic damage (and in the case of SLRs, a short damage drop range and high shot bloom) justified? Its not. Other classes are just forced to play targets for longer periods because of the need to wait for spread to recenter or for their gun to become accurate, all while being low damaging.

Meanwhile snipers get ZERO, ABSOLUTELY NO suppression penalty in their first shot, and any shot in between where spread reset has taken place fully. Lol, and you guys call this balanced?

And I'm still waiting for all of these so called problems to unveil from the game literally bringing the other 3 classes up to the ability of the god class, all the while tackling some of the biggest complaints with each (SLR bloom and range, LMG damage and shotgun consistency). Oh wait yeah it's ALL bad because in their first pass the BAR was buffed too. Must suck to be DICE and never perfect enough for you guys who clearly understand their game so much better than them.

And if you're going to say spot flares never needed a counter then it's pretty clear who the biased one is lol.

no suppression penalty?
    do u even snipe m8? lmao...

you're comment is just a collection of saltyness. if sniper would be that op how comes almost Noone uses them in cq comp matches? in fact the majority of teams choose to not run any snipers on most maps. but why not if they are so good?
    I tell u why: sweet spots are hard to hit consistently cause u gotta take the firefights as they come. suppression screws with snipers more than with any other class as it relies 100% on accuracy. if ur rifle doesn't shoot where its supposed to and the scope sways like crazy there's not much one can do.
    so your basically required to hit headshots while havin to deal with suppression and people using marksman versions of slrs.
    but not enough with that, if one chooses to use a somewhat magnified optic (3x and more) he also has no slowdown aim assist. so one fights with a gun that shoots about 20% as fast as an slr, without aim assist, while dealing with suppression and while being forced to hit a headshot against medics that use guns with magnified optics, 26 rounds mags 500% of your fire rate and need one headshot and one body shot to kill u.

your right: why would anyone not use sniper?
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    let me throw one small , maybe even insignificant comparison.
    BF1 LEWIS GUN
    480 rpm
    5-7 shots to kill
    damage drop at about 12m
    COD WWII LEWIS GUN
    517 rpm (550 with rapid fire)
    3-4 shot to kill
    damage drop at 100m, in other words considering how small COD maps are ,it's almost always a 3hk.

which is one reason i've been playing a lot more COD lately, i had given up on it after that garbage ghost came out. but i have to admit, COD WWII imo , has out done BF1 . granted COD does have its issues that need to be ironed out . but the gun balance( although far from perfect) is far better than BF1. with the exception of the ever annoying quickscoping.
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone have any detailed information about the new weapon damage model hitting CTE today? or a link to where I can find it perhaps.
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
  • MarxistDictator
    edited December 2017
    Lol medic rifles kill in one body shot and one headshot across the map? They only do that for 25m. You clearly don't understand the balance of this game, then again you never use that so called semi auto sniper for the Medic (the M1916) yourself. Despite the rest of your guns being literally that battlefield player #203006958332. It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about. Wait, the RSC does. We all know how lethal a cross map gun that is. I guess we should nerf it if it can two hit kill like a sniper rifle? Was that your point? Lol

When stationary, you have no base spread on a sniper rifle. Any number times zero is still zero for those who are uninformed. Therefore, you need to be between shots for suppression to even have an effect if your aim is on point. That's why snipers very often kill you when you land a headshot miss one and then a body shot with a gun like the 1906 (which btw isn't a kill, 34 x 1.7+34 is less than 100 damage). The flinch does little and there isn't any spread to affect.

The gun sway has more effect on first bullet accuracy than spread.

But whatever this is clearly another invention of mine like scout being extremely powerful and not having any limiting devices whatsoever like the other classes. Just like how I apparently flip flop because my position has been scouts are overly powerful as a class yet useless in most games since the time it came out. Yea I'm so wishy washy

Why don't we think of reasons for there to not be more consistent shotguns, weak and underused LMGs and a lot of SLR bloom instead? That's the real opposition I'm seeing to the TTK changes, whiney scouts not wanting other classes to be powerful.
    Post edited by MarxistDictator on
  • Dogwoggle11
    I mean, not many people is able to claim that Scout is "the god class", and at the same time say that they are "mostly useless" and they don't get much kills. It's kind of a contradiction.

Btw, we don't need a TTK change to fix shotguns and SLR bloom - it's not an indivisible pack.
  • MarxistDictator
    edited December 2017
    Its not a seperation of ideas. Most scouts in game are the guys who pick sniper in any video game, and are generally low skilled players. They avoid straight up gunfights and have bad reflexes. This isn't a battlefield phenomenon it's in any FPS game. Meanwhile a minority of them can prove how disturbingly out of balance it is as a whole if the game allows. This isn't an abstraction I'm making lol.

Scouts annoy me the most on my own team is another thing I think I've said only about a hundred times before here, but apparently scouts are always killing me and it makes me qq because you have literally nothing else to say

And if medic guns had their effective fire rates increased than LMGs would definitely be outclassed with their currently bad damage and low accuracy. So yeah some things do sort of depend on others in the balance. Shotgun consistency could be seperated well enough (and it should be since RNG dice roll luck shotguns are not fun to use) but others are quite entrenched in one another.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    Despite this, my scout SPM ranks in the top 4% - I was staggered to see this.

Well, to be fair... Most people hill hump the snipers so much that capturing 2 objectives can break you into the top 10%. :tongue:
  • VenomRTX
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Btw, we don't need a TTK change to fix shotguns and SLR bloom - it's not an indivisible pack.

For shotguns, that's true, since that's a fix rather than a balance change. SLR spread, however, cannot be changed on its own, because it'd destroy balance. Buffing them alone would mean that their improved hitrate allows them to trample over LMGs and, to some extent, SMGs. They'd have the damage output to outclass basically anything that isn't a OHK weapon, really.

The way BF1's weapon balance is set up doesn't really allow specific changes like that. That's why the system is being tested for so long, to iron out such issues.
  • Dogwoggle11
    Its not a seperation of ideas. Most scouts in game are the guys who pick sniper in any video game, and are generally low skilled players. They avoid straight up gunfights and have bad reflexes. This isn't a battlefield phenomenon it's in any FPS game. Meanwhile a minority of them can prove how disturbingly out of balance it is as a whole if the game allows. This isn't an abstraction I'm making lol.

Scouts annoy me the most on my own team is another thing I think I've said only about a hundred times before here, but apparently scouts are always killing me and it makes me qq because you have literally nothing else to say

And if medic guns had their effective fire rates increased than LMGs would definitely be outclassed with their currently bad damage and low accuracy. So yeah some things do sort of depend on others in the balance. Shotgun consistency could be seperated well enough (and it should be since RNG dice roll luck shotguns are not fun to use) but others are quite entrenched in one another.

But I thought Scout was the god class? Why would annoy you to have the god class with their OP wallhack flares and rifles in your team?

Deeper and deeper.

This is the only thing that is true here: you think that the TTK changes are perfect and will solve every problem as they are right now; and the devs seem to disagree, because they said that every gun and every class should have a place in those changes - not only the weapons that you like to see buffed.

Even if everything changes, I don't even care anymore at this point. I have the ability of adaptation - do you have it?
  • herodes87
    1266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh yeah high TKK is great!

Look at CoD Ww2 were you See SMGs 3 shoot sprayers everywhere. Thats so enjoyable.

Anyway its an WW1 Shooter so Bolt Action rifles should be dominating.

I never had problems with Scouts. You melt them easily with LMGs and SMGs and even SLR. So if you don't get kills with it your Just Bad in this game.

Special with bipod Spray N Pray LMGs that shoot Like Lasers.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    I hope they scrap the whole thing personally. I'm planning to start playing again soon myself, but I doubt I'll stick around if the TTK change goes live. Or maybe I'll just retreat to the hills and camp since apparently nobody wants scouts that play the objective up on the front line.

That's completely untrue. I've always run into a good amount of scouts in Domination too - the game mode I play the majority of the time. That's where all your best aggro scouts are.

Also not true at all. Suppression definitely has a noticeable effect on all of your shots as a scout. It, along with medic, are the only two classes that I ever feel a need to take cover with when taking incoming suppressive fire. Sometimes you'll get lucky and land the shot despite being suppressed - most of the time the bullet will fly in some random direction that doesn't make any physical sense.
  • MarxistDictator
    Whose digging where? You're the one off on a tirade about things I didn't say as if my opinion of scouts has ever changed.

Spot flares needed a counter. Haven't posted about them since. Most Scout players are useless but the class itself falls outside of the design philosophy of the game by being powerful in every situation. Not once have I ever uttered different and now you're pretending like it's some new message I've been spreading. Same MO.

I also don't see how I don't enjoy this game, or how being able to see flaws in it while I play it means I obviously hate it and have a really hard time. I don't struggle at this game lol. Find a new line.

I can just appreciate the faults in the gunplay, a lot of which new TTK fixes. It doesn't by itself fix the game but it is a good move. I never once said I wouldn't like to see it refined more either.

I submitted feedback about such.

This is also a topic about said TTK btw
  • Dogwoggle11
    Whose digging where? You're the one off on a tirade about things I didn't say as if my opinion of scouts has ever changed.

Spot flares needed a counter. Haven't posted about them since. Most Scout players are useless but the class itself falls outside of the design philosophy of the game by being powerful in every situation. Not once have I ever uttered different and now you're pretending like it's some new message I've been spreading. Same MO.

I also don't see how I don't enjoy this game, or how being able to see flaws in it while I play it means I obviously hate it and have a really hard time. I don't struggle at this game lol. Find a new line.

I can just appreciate the faults in the gunplay, a lot of which new TTK fixes. It doesn't by itself fix the game but it is a good move. I never once said I wouldn't like to see it refined more either.

I submitted feedback about such.

This is also a topic about said TTK btw

Who is saying that you don't enjoy it or that you struggle? That's all you, and maybe you mention it out of the blue for a reason, who knows. But I didn't say it. Obviously you care about the game in some degree, and so do I.

"Faults in the gunplay"... I don't know man, that sounds like opinion. Some players could tell you that the gunplay in BF3/4 (more similar to the changes proposed) had its good share of faults too - and that's also their opinion.

You don't like a longer TTK, fine. But that doesn't make it wrong or bad; it just makes it wrong or bad to you.

And yes, I know the thread is about TTK - it is just very easy to lose the main point when discussing with you since you always drop the S word for some reason.