Dice. There are too many maps.

15678911»

Comments

  • x_Undaunted_x
    2565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    we are given maps instead of improving gameplay, why Dice chose this way?

    Because maps and gameplay changes exist individually and apart from one another. DICE are not putting more emphasis on making maps just because maps are still being released. Both those departments function separately.

    You're saying DICE emphasizes focus of their studio on maps like if they didn't make maps at all, issues would be fixed faster. That's just ridiculous.

    Some of these issues have been around through several games - Have you ever considered DICE should maybe find better people for fixing bugs, instead of insisting that one department essentially be cut because you're under the impression it would improve gameplay somehow? Or are you assuming DICE are putting more emphasis on having their map designers putting out good DLC, that it's somehow pulling attention away from the big fixing guys?

    Do you actually know how a dev studio works at all?

    He is a lost cause. He is either intentionally trolling or he seriously lacks the intellectual ability to put 2-and-2 together. He says he understands but, clearly, he doesn't.
  • trip1ex
    1498 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Apple is the most valuable company in the world and is all about less is more. I think you're on to something OP.

    I too would settle for less maps in exchange for a higher quality experience.
  • kaliyl777
    1955 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    this thread is still going? lol!
  • Ram1c
    3456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 6
    My point is, number of players decreases and number of maps rises, plus no major improvements of the game, we are given maps instead of improving gameplay, why Dice chose this way? I can't understand. I can only believe that they are more experienced than me and know what they do.

    What difference does the amount of maps matter when players gather in a server and not on one whole map?

    Your argument makes no sense, the amount of maps don't split the playerbase lol, I'd argue that a good majority of people that play the dlc have premium anyway so the seperate dlc argument isn't really an argument here. The gameplay is fine, yes there are bugs here and there, but what game in this day and age doesn't?
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Apple is the most valuable company in the world and is all about less is more. I think you're on to something OP.

    I too would settle for less maps in exchange for a higher quality experience.

    Someone get this guy a helmet.
  • Piotrek1983pm
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    we are given maps instead of improving gameplay, why Dice chose this way?

    Because maps and gameplay changes exist individually and apart from one another. DICE are not putting more emphasis on making maps just because maps are still being released. Both those departments function separately.

    You're saying DICE emphasizes focus of their studio on maps like if they didn't make maps at all, issues would be fixed faster. That's just ridiculous.

    Some of these issues have been around through several games - Have you ever considered DICE should maybe find better people for fixing bugs, instead of insisting that one department essentially be cut because you're under the impression it would improve gameplay somehow? Or are you assuming DICE are putting more emphasis on having their map designers putting out good DLC, that it's somehow pulling attention away from the big fixing guys?

    Do you actually know how a dev studio works at all?

    look, I am a client that bought a product that is faulty. I am asking why is it faulty and how Dice could fix it. You try to educate me how the dev studio works (that is fine) I didn't know how it worked but now I know (different departments) but for christ sake as a client I don't give a flying.... ck what system of work they acquired! I am the final receiver of the product that is asking questions and somehow trying to help (at least I think) the studio to fix(improve) the game, it is not important to me what system of work they have. The balance is so horrible that it kills the game (my opinion) yet we get the new maps, stop producing them, send the map Bois on holidays and make people responsible for things like balancing work hard or make them work because they seem to be on holiday! plus don't make monthly patches because they work as if map bois had to do them(not the programmers) .
    All I ask is fix the game, at least balancing and if you want to do another 50 maps, do, but I will play (as mostly people do) only main maps although I am premium.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    2565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 7
    The balance is so horrible that it kills the game (my opinion) yet we get the new maps, stop producing them, send the map Bois on holidays and make people responsible for things like balancing work hard or make them work because they seem to be on holiday! plus don't make monthly patches because they work as if map bois had to do them(not the programmers) .
    All I ask is fix the game, at least balancing and if you want to do another 50 maps, do, but I will play (as mostly people do) only main maps although I am premium.
    So, basically, your thread is an extremely poor attempt at saying "The game is dying. Fix the game!" It's not dying and there are hard statistics that prove it's not. I agree the balancer is horrible and really needs to be fixed, but it is hardly killing this game. Even with the poor balance mechanic, the number of people playing BF1 are comparable to BF4 at the same stage. It's not dying and anyone saying it is are either exaggerating, a spoiled brat, or both.

    And saying (paraphrased) "Send the bois [sic] on holiday." You act as though a company can't do more than one thing at a time. You want to send hard working people who earn a paycheck on a long break (thus denying them money to support themselves and their family) all because the product doesn't meet your satisfaction. Boo freaking hoo. Get over yourself and your childish self-entitlement. This is a video game and if it's making you this upset, I recommend seeking professional mental health counseling. If you're really this upset, remember it when the next BF drops and DON'T BUY IT. Instead of making asinine requests and talking out of your a$$, why don't you actually do something with real substance and not buy it. Want EA/DICE to change - vote with your wallet instead of making some ridiculous thread on the forum.
  • rock1obsta
    3437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    we are given maps instead of improving gameplay, why Dice chose this way?

    Because maps and gameplay changes exist individually and apart from one another. DICE are not putting more emphasis on making maps just because maps are still being released. Both those departments function separately.

    You're saying DICE emphasizes focus of their studio on maps like if they didn't make maps at all, issues would be fixed faster. That's just ridiculous.

    Some of these issues have been around through several games - Have you ever considered DICE should maybe find better people for fixing bugs, instead of insisting that one department essentially be cut because you're under the impression it would improve gameplay somehow? Or are you assuming DICE are putting more emphasis on having their map designers putting out good DLC, that it's somehow pulling attention away from the big fixing guys?

    Do you actually know how a dev studio works at all?

    look, I am a client that bought a product that is faulty. I am asking why is it faulty and how Dice could fix it. You try to educate me how the dev studio works (that is fine) I didn't know how it worked but now I know (different departments) but for christ sake as a client I don't give a flying.... ck what system of work they acquired! I am the final receiver of the product that is asking questions and somehow trying to help (at least I think) the studio to fix(improve) the game, it is not important to me what system of work they have. The balance is so horrible that it kills the game (my opinion) yet we get the new maps, stop producing them, send the map Bois on holidays and make people responsible for things like balancing work hard or make them work because they seem to be on holiday! plus don't make monthly patches because they work as if map bois had to do them(not the programmers) .
    All I ask is fix the game, at least balancing and if you want to do another 50 maps, do, but I will play (as mostly people do) only main maps although I am premium.

    Based on this post, OP, Maybe "Stop making maps and fix balance, please" would have been a better title.

    On that, I would absolutely agree. Fixing existing issues should take precedence over all things until the basic, fundamental mechanics are fixed, such as the balancing, loading, freezing, chronic server issues, etc.

  • Loqtrall
    8629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    we are given maps instead of improving gameplay, why Dice chose this way?

    Because maps and gameplay changes exist individually and apart from one another. DICE are not putting more emphasis on making maps just because maps are still being released. Both those departments function separately.

    You're saying DICE emphasizes focus of their studio on maps like if they didn't make maps at all, issues would be fixed faster. That's just ridiculous.

    Some of these issues have been around through several games - Have you ever considered DICE should maybe find better people for fixing bugs, instead of insisting that one department essentially be cut because you're under the impression it would improve gameplay somehow? Or are you assuming DICE are putting more emphasis on having their map designers putting out good DLC, that it's somehow pulling attention away from the big fixing guys?

    Do you actually know how a dev studio works at all?

    look, I am a client that bought a product that is faulty. I am asking why is it faulty and how Dice could fix it. You try to educate me how the dev studio works (that is fine) I didn't know how it worked but now I know (different departments) but for christ sake as a client I don't give a flying.... ck what system of work they acquired! I am the final receiver of the product that is asking questions and somehow trying to help (at least I think) the studio to fix(improve) the game, it is not important to me what system of work they have. The balance is so horrible that it kills the game (my opinion) yet we get the new maps, stop producing them, send the map Bois on holidays and make people responsible for things like balancing work hard or make them work because they seem to be on holiday! plus don't make monthly patches because they work as if map bois had to do them(not the programmers) .
    All I ask is fix the game, at least balancing and if you want to do another 50 maps, do, but I will play (as mostly people do) only main maps although I am premium.

    Look, you bought a product that you had to agree to a ToS agreement to use - and agreement which states the game isn't even required to be working fully in your area, or at all. You literally have to agree to the fact some portions of the game will be changed, and that changes may alter or restrict your experience with the game.

    You can read it yourself if you don't believe me.

    You're not guaranteed fixes to the portions of the game's you personally take issue with.

    As a client you should care about what departments work on what portions of the game - because you literally created a thread insisting one department that has nothing to do with bug fixes should essentially be abolished so that bugs will be fixed faster. A suggestion that makes literally zero logical sense.

    It doesn't matter if you dont care how DICE works as a studio - they STILL work that way, and it's STILL ridiculous that you're trying to advocate for bug fixes by removing maps from the game.

    I mean, really - "send the map boys on holiday"? What would that do for bug fixes? What could map designers working on nothing POSSIBLY have to do with bugs getting fixed faster?

    You claim to have learned how game studios work, but you're still sitting here insisting that if the map developers were pushed out of the equation, bugs would be fixed faster ad better than they are now.

    For the umpteenth time - that idea of yours is entirely based on nonsense.
  • GuN_sLiNgErXD15
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    “send the map Bois on holidays”
    @Piotrek1983pm

    I giggled.

    Look pal best advice I can give you if the game is causing you so much distress is to play something else.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    1372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm angry at myself for reading this entire thread.
    It's time to take a long hard look at my life and make some changes.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!