What happened to campaign operations?

Qwagm1re
262 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Logged in today, campaign ops has disappeared. Is this a bug? Lately I've been playing almost all campaign ops. I was excited to not have to do monta and ballroom anymore, and was looking forward to doing different maps, since the campaign ops is the only thing that got me to start operations. Disappointing.
If these go away, alot of people are not gonna be happy. Expecially those whom do not have their puzzle pieces. But knowing DICE, this is probably just a bug, and it will be fixed in 1-2 months...

Comments

• DaMutha1
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I assumed they would give us at least one more to "tide" us over until the 11th, but maybe not. If not, they better throw those melees into other promotions.
  • herodes87
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well its not over. It will give 2 other Operations campaigns. Look at the Codecs.

I would Bet that on 11th WE get the new one. Including Oil of Empires and the new Gallipoli Operation.
  • Jayremie570
    1040 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Well its not over. It will give 2 other Operations campaigns. Look at the Codecs.

I would Bet that on 11th WE get the new one. Including Oil of Empires and the new Gallipoli Operation.

Plus the french ones which are my faves but dont get to play that much.
  • kaliyl777
    1952 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I figured the french OP's would be next. Too bad.
  • Qwagm1re
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Figured there would be something at least. Nope, guess they just removed it and didn't tell anybody. Guess I'm done with Operations until (if) they come back with it...
  • boutneus
    1695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Glad it’s gone, could sure take a break from this damn grind
  • BobsAndVegane
    793 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    After playing Operations into the ground to get the puzzle pieces for both the knives, I don't miss the Operations Campaigns at all. Of course, the mission requiring 50,000 points in Operations comes AFTER.

Does anyone actually like Operations more after all that grinding than before?
  • Prep768
    2352 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    After playing Operations into the ground to get the puzzle pieces for both the knives, I don't miss the Operations Campaigns at all. Of course, the mission requiring 50,000 points in Operations comes AFTER.

Does anyone actually like Operations more after all that grinding than before?

Coming from a Conquest junkie - I actually quite like OP'S now after the campaigns and this is coming from one of those guys who ended up with 29,099 points on several occasions

Get the lads together, have a laugh and this game has an unlimited time frame.

Soloing for the grind has always sucked
  • BobsAndVegane
    793 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Prep768 wrote: »

I am lad deficient.

videoblocks-depressed-man-crying-guy-wants-suicide-using-gallows-noose_sqgyjmmfe_thumbnail-small01.jpg
  • boutneus
    1695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Annoying thing is the servers are still up and running. Really want to play some different ops now..
  • CptButternut86
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Qwagm1re wrote: »
    Logged in today, campaign ops has disappeared. Is this a bug? Lately I've been playing almost all campaign ops. I was excited to not have to do monta and ballroom anymore, and was looking forward to doing different maps, since the campaign ops is the only thing that got me to start operations. Disappointing.
    If these go away, alot of people are not gonna be happy. Expecially those whom do not have their puzzle pieces. But knowing DICE, this is probably just a bug, and it will be fixed in 1-2 months...

It’s not a bug. DICE clearly stated that the Operations Campaigns are timed events that will come and go over time. If you looked at the bottom of the tracker for the campaign over the last two weeks, there was a timer counting down. Last I was on yesterday, the timer said 12 hours left. That time has come and gone, which is why the campaign has disappeared.

I think the confusion is from the fact that the first two campaigns were back to back, leading some to believe there would always be an active campaign to participate in. That is not the case, however. I’m sure the third campaign will come before too long, though I haven’t seen anything from DICE on when we can expect it.
  • bleachee
    708 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They most likely didn't want to conflict with Turning Tides.
  • full951
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Qwagm1re wrote: »

It’s not a bug. DICE clearly stated that the Operations Campaigns are timed events that will come and go over time. If you looked at the bottom of the tracker for the campaign over the last two weeks, there was a timer counting down. Last I was on yesterday, the timer said 12 hours left. That time has come and gone, which is why the campaign has disappeared.

I think the confusion is from the fact that the first two campaigns were back to back, leading some to believe there would always be an active campaign to participate in. That is not the case, however. I’m sure the third campaign will come before too long, though I haven’t seen anything from DICE on when we can expect it.

yeah i thought every week it would just cycle to a different ops. it was kinda fun. I guess i won't play ops till it comes back
  • HelmHeim
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hope new campaing operation will added later that Turning tides
  • GiovannY-398
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hiding puzzle pieces with a small change to drop in Battlepacks that are only available during timed events...
  • Prep768
    2352 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Prep768 wrote: »

I am lad deficient.

videoblocks-depressed-man-crying-guy-wants-suicide-using-gallows-noose_sqgyjmmfe_thumbnail-small01.jpg

[insert Steve Buscemi smallest violin gif here]
    :pensive:

If you're EU/US East your welcome to join us
  • ninjapenquinuk
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't get the 'excitement' over Campaign Operations. It's just playing operations and getting a battlepack for your troubles. If you can't wait for the next Official one, just go play the 2 French Ops, and hey presto! a self made Campaign Operation, minus the potential battlepack
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    1438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't get the 'excitement' over Campaign Operations. It's just playing operations and getting a battlepack for your troubles. If you can't wait for the next Official one, just go play the 2 French Ops, and hey presto! a self made Campaign Operation, minus the potential battlepack

B-b-b-but the prize...
  • MarxistDictator
    3303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Does this mean they can change the vanilla servers to rotate all Operations maps again? Tired of kaiser/oil or conquer/grappe.
  • OrionPherrit
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Still prefer CQ, but I’ll play Ops as long as I can get a freebie BP out of if. Otherwise I don’t care much for Ops for the usual reasons. And it’s slightly embarrassing fhat EA/Dice has to bribe us to play the less popular gamemode… :*