Battlefield 2018

Comments

• Chom_Se-Yeon
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 5
    I just want a balanced Battlefield game with excellent multiplayer experience (with the help of the community) and actually forces the team to work together (hefty rewards for revives, cap points, and supply/med drops along with BF3 suppression system) to win like in BF2. As well as a good story line Is that too much to ask for? Oh, and no credit/ unbalanced progression/lootbox system either (unless if it's just skins or appearance accessories), gun/weapon/utility-unlocks should be like the BF4 system. But unfortunately, this is greedy EA along with it's anti-consumer policies. DLC should only include maps, gun/weapon skins and appearance, not guns/melee/gadgets. Do that EA and your profits will sky rocket. Character customization would be an added bonus, and if it's in the past, keep it historically accurate. Don't cater to the Politically correct crowd who only make up a small minority. Although if it's in the future, I wouldn't mind running around with a good looking red haired girl or even something straight out of Final Fantasy. (I'm bi) *Edit* One more thing, give server hosts the ability to host their own servers. You did it for BF3, what changed? Greed?
  • Foot_Elite_Tomei
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @Chom_Se-Yeon

If you want to "encourage" teamwork, game needs classic preset i.e squad leader spawning, magazine reloads instead of ammo pools (and no ammo perks) and no automatic Hp/armor regeneration. Class structure should also be more divided into sub-classes i.e splitting engineer into anti-tank and engineer classes so one class is focused around one task and needs other to complement its weaknesses. Vehicles also needs limited ammo supplies.
  • EdwinSpangler
    580 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Idk, im having this half baked idea of the next BF being a multi-war scenario.. Something made up but based on true events maybe.. I think tho, its gonna completely surprise us. I dont think well see it coming..

Still hope for ww2 but dont think thats gonna happen..
  • Chooka_68
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 5
    Idk, im having this half baked idea of the next BF being a multi-war scenario.. Something made up but based on true events maybe.. I think tho, its gonna completely surprise us. I dont think well see it coming..

Still hope for ww2 but dont think thats gonna happen..
    “Battlefield Unthinkable” you guys keep going over the same ground https://reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/734v9u/possible_battlefield_2018_leak/

I'm still not giving up on BC3 Vietnam, it's a possibility with the previous Easter eggs and they would need all this time to work on it since 2015! lol cause Dice wouldn't want to mess up BC3. Also, they would have 1/2 the work done with previous BC2 Vietnam mod/skinThe main reason why they would need all that time to work on it is a new engine. 3 years is to long to work on a game, so that's a strike against it.

One thing I agree upon, I didn't see BF1 coming and it fooled most of us.

Edit: Lets hope this scenario doesn't end up a reality with what's happening on the Korean Peninsula.
  • Creasie
    1105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just want a balanced Battlefield game with excellent multiplayer experience (with the help of the community) and actually forces the team to work together (hefty rewards for revives, cap points, and supply/med drops along with BF3 suppression system) to win like in BF2.

Stop capping flags in BF1 and see your score drop massively. I don't know how many points you want to get for capping flags when you are already getting so many. It's already bad enough that everyone is running flag to flag just to get points for capping.

• Creasie
    1105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 5
    @Chom_Se-Yeon

If you want to "encourage" teamwork, game needs classic preset i.e squad leader spawning, magazine reloads instead of ammo pools (and no ammo perks) and no automatic Hp/armor regeneration. Class structure should also be more divided into sub-classes i.e splitting engineer into anti-tank and engineer classes so one class is focused around one task and needs other to complement its weaknesses. Vehicles also needs limited ammo supplies.

Like that is going to be fun. You already rely heavily on your teammates as it is in BF1 and it's already bad enough. Barely anyone uses teamwork and everyone complains about medics not reviving, support not resupplying and scouts who don't "PTFO" and use flares.

So many complain about tanks being able to repair themselves from the inside but literally nobody was actually equiping a wrench and help repair tanks UNTILL they added a weapon assignment with a repair requirment...

I'm fine with how BF1 plays. Having to rely on your teammates when 90% of the time they aren't helping you isn't fun. Took a whole year before you actually started to notice a difference in how many people would resupply you when you asked and you would get revived more often than not. I don't want to run around with 20% health without getting some healing for a year, no thanks.
  • Foot_Elite_Tomei
    Creasie wrote: »
    @Chom_Se-Yeon

Like that is going to be fun. You already rely heavily on your teammates as it is in BF1 and it's already bad enough. Barely anyone uses teamwork and everyone complains about medics not reviving, support not resupplying and scouts who don't "PTFO" and use flares.

So many complain about tanks being able to repair themselves from the inside but literally nobody was actually equiping a wrench and help repair tanks UNTILL they added a weapon assignment with a repair requirment...

I'm fine with how BF1 plays. Having to rely on your teammates when 90% of the time they aren't helping you isn't fun. Took a whole year before you actually started to notice a difference in how many people would resupply you when you asked and you would get revived more often than not. I don't want to run around with 20% health without getting some healing for a year, no thanks.

That's why I included in my post on latter page that this should be its own preset in between HC and core like in Battlefield 4. I know that some players can be either completely oblivious to what's happening around them or they just play different game. I blame latter one. Battlefield means different things for different players.
  • Blackidus
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Some ideas of mine divided up in categories :)

Maps and modes
    • Focus on less gamemodes and perfect theese instead. Keep CLASSIC conquest, Operations, Frontlines and TDM.
    • OPTION 1: Gamemode taylored maps. Maps in recent games is just basicaly the conquest maps with m-coms randomly placed. No alterations of cover like boxes rubble and so on. Just look at the changes that they are making for the Incursions mode. If they would dare make bigger changes of the Rush version of the maps, maybe Rush could be as great as BC2 again.
    • OPTION 2: Take the BC2 route, make some maps only Operations/Rush and some Conquest/frontlines. If a maps dont play well on one mode then just dont add it for that map and focus on the mode that works.
    • Repairable environment like bridges and so on (BF2), make the repair tool usefull again.
    • Bring back real home bases!
    • Shooting range/ training grounds.
    • Or even better, bring in bots on some maps, even the Arcade mode from Battlefront 2 would work ( the only thing I want to keep from that game). If only on small maps this is a great way to warm up your aim before going online.

Progression and unlocks
    • ALL weaponds unlocked and avaible to all at launch.
    • Weapond progression from BF4 where you unlock attachements when using them.
    • More depth to the skin cosumization. Ability to combine different types of wood, metal coating, carvings, engravings, straps, spray patterns, camoflauge patterns and so on. Theese things would be unlocked when getting service stars or a getting sertain amount of kills with the weapond like BF4.
    • Class costumization. I understand why whe cant have fully controll of how your character look, like you have to be able too see what class the enemy solider are that you are facing. But that doesent mean that you cant give us options within the classes. Different looking ammo packs for the support, backpacks and so on. Just keep the alternatives specificaly for given class.
    • Solider Costumization. For the soldier you should be abe to choose beetween some preset faces. Some alternatives for the unform but not to much. If an army has different kinds of helmets, let us choose between those. Maybe even costumization of the helmets, like in Vietnam where soldier would write stuff on them or put things in the straps? Those things would be unlocked with the overall solder progression.
    • Keep the gun variants system for the competitive mode Incursions.

Squad play
    • Moore focus on the squad leader role, make people actually use it.
    • Only squad spawn on squad leader.
    • Specifik squad leader class with its own appearance. You could then target the enemy squad leader easier to stop enemies from respawning. This way the squad leader would have to play much more carefully.
    • Give Squad leader binoculars and radio to request an area/building to be airstriked by a team member in a plane/ helicopter (depending on era of the game). Pilot would then get extra points for an succesfull airstrike. Could also be used to give order for foot soldiers to attack targets other than flags. Orders like "clear this area" or if there are no enies in the are/building you could order to fortify the area.
    • More points or perks for a squad that actually playes/moves toghether.

Gameplay
    • No self repair of tanks and planes
    • No unlimited ammo of tanks and planes. Tanks needs to go to a ammo box or stock pile of ammo like in BF1942 to resuply. Planes needs to go back to home base and land/fly low to resuply/repair.
    • And with bringing back home bases mentioend earlier, bring back the more classic spawn system of vehicles from BF4 (be able to spawn directly into the vehicle from spawn screen or run up to it in base).

Other stuff
    • Rental servers from DAY 1 IS A MUST!! With all the options needed also from the start.
    • CTE from DAY 1 or even have a CTE instead of an open Beta. Make the community really involved with the development.
    • Map editor. Even if we could only make maps with minimum ammount of destruction you should not underestimate what the community could do if you let them help you. This would give Dice developers some time to solve actual bugs and balance issues if players could help with the content.
  • Chooka_68
    BoWinston wrote: »
    The U.S. didn't fight in the Somali Civil War either beyond one firefight to capture warlords made famous by "Blackhawk Down." And you think there's more content there than Russia in Afghanistan for 10 years? Good lord, there's more content to make a video game off of the fictitious Rambo III alone, in fact there has:

Do you see Dice making BF5 about Russians and Afghanistan fighting?

If it's relatively modern day it will be UN (peacekeeping force) Vs whomever. Or coalition of the willing (USA, United Kingdom, Australia and Poland).vs Iraq. Before the UN I think Dice would do Battlefield games along the lines of USA + Allies vs whomever or UK + Allies vs whomever. How do you think the UN came about?!

So now your own personal criteria for a new Battlefield game is that America has to be in it and you pick options like the Bosnian War and Kosovo which Americans didn't even blink an eye over. In fact the Bosnian War didn't even involve the USA, in case you didn't know.

The Bosnian or Kosovo War would be great as BF5, Period! In fact I hope it is. Roughly a couple of Yugoslavian factions each side with the UN as peacekeeping force predominantly on one side. It may be a bit controversial but there were a number of wars, especially civil, resorted to genocide. There was also some other nasty stuff that happened in that war

Grenada, Panama, the first Gulf War and Haiti were laughably short operations. Yeah, so the choices once again are WWII, Korea, Vietnam, BC3 or BF5. Of course they can go the alternate reality cold war route as you state and we'll have Battlefield Red Dawn.
    yeah ok mate keep believing that.

• V2Face
    1880 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I want to have lots of loot boxes that are tied to progression so I can have the edge on the Battlefield by just spending money.
  • Andreas_SK
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I hope Next BF game will contain best of BF3/BF4/BF1
    BF3 - map qualities
    BF4 - customization quality
    BF1 - visuals and music quality
    I dont know what war it will be about. Perhaps it would be nice to have maps from different time period.
    Maps from WW2 with WW2 theme (vehicles,weapons...) some maps with futuristic theme and some modern combat.
    It would be something new in BF and many players with different tastes would be pleased.
    -Last thing next Battlefield need is Premium edition !!!
    -CQ should return to what it was in previous BF games with proper ticket bleeding setup.
    -CQ, OP, TDM, CTF, Frontlines and RUSH is enough I believe.
    -if next BF will be set in present (modern combat) I would suggest to avoid any laser things or SLAM/SMAW/SRAW/MBT-LAW/LASER-COW . . .
    -maps should be bigger. Much much much bigger. For CQ and OP at least. I think that size of Bandar Desert from BF3 should become standard size for future BF maps.
    Technology could handle it these days. It is not fun to provide 64 player servers only with maps so small as they are in BF1.
    When Bandar Desert was about to be released I thought that it will become standard. That finally BF games will have true fields of battle. Maps in BF4 was tragedy. Maps in BF1 are too small with too many players on it.
    Battlefield was always about vehicle warfare. Since the first BF game. That is the reason why I play BF games to this date. It would be nice to see that vehicle warfare on maps bigger than size of supermarket parking lot.
  • Foot_Elite_Tomei
    @Andreas_SK
    Nah. SQDM > TDM. Why? Tight squad play.
  • Andreas_SK
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @Andreas_SK
    Nah. SQDM > TDM. Why? Tight squad play.

I remember SQDM and Suqad Rush all too well. Used to play it back in BF3. Problem was that those "mini population" game modes never worked well. It did sometimes but often didnt. Because first of all you got random players and 2nd servers often didnt fill up.
    I remember how we were waiting for many minutes to get players on Squad Rush for example we played 1 or 2 games then many palyers left. And so we were waiting again.
    I like the idea of Squad Rush or SQDM because it has feeling of some actual purpose/objective rather than midless killing. True. But it didnt work at least not in my experience.
    TDM is some sort of relaxing playing to me. I enjoyed TDM Noshar Canals with 64 players in BF 3 :D That was just hell on earth and lot of fun if you didnt take it too seriously.
    But instead of TDM I would like to see "Free For All" That would be nice experience I think. But hard to tell because players in BF can be too smart sometimes. Surely there would be some "deals" between friends in such mode.
  • BoWinston
    792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 8
    Chooka_68 wrote: »
    Do you see Dice making BF5 about Russians and Afghanistan fighting?

If it's relatively modern day it will be UN (peacekeeping force) Vs whomever. Or coalition of the willing (USA, United Kingdom, Australia and Poland).vs Iraq. Before the UN I think Dice would do Battlefield games along the lines of USA + Allies vs whomever or UK + Allies vs whomever. How do you think the UN came about?!

I see Soviets in Afghanistan long before I see Grenada, Panama, Somalia, Bosnia and Kosovo which are on your list.

3 biggest proxy wars between the US and Russia during the Cold War were Korea in the 50's, Vietnam in the 60's-70's and Afghanistan in the 80's.

Chooka_68 wrote: »
    The Bosnian or Kosovo War would be great as BF5, Period! In fact I hope it is. Roughly a couple of Yugoslavian factions each side with the UN as peacekeeping force predominantly on one side.

Yeah ok mate keep believing that.

• Chooka_68
    edited December 9
    Bad Company 3.

It's time.
    In 2018 it will be 8 years since the release of BC2 so yeah it's time. That would be so awesome.
    My biggest fear currently is with the Dice development team being nothing like the development team back when BC2 & BF3 were made.
    Each iteration seems to depart more from the games roots and I hold fears for Battlefield's future, I hope they pull one out of the hat. :|

• Foot_Elite_Tomei
    Here's a good start from Battle(non)sense what I mean: the 1982 concept--- true successor of Battlefield 2 :)

https://m.imgur.com/a/ZwUyH
  • Gnow1370
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 10
    Theme
    Modern day
    Modes
    Conquest, TDM, Capture the Flag, Frontlines, Opertions but Battlefront Galactic Assault objectives
    Customization
    Bf4 gun customization
    Cod character customization if modern day
    Squads
    Leader should be easily identifiable
    Spawning
    Only squad leader spawn
    No vehicle spawn
    Always parachute onto map from jumping out of plane
    Points Givin
    Objective based points
    Squad based points
    Multiplayer
    No self repair
    No behemoths and elite classes
    Team balancing
    Only in battlefield moments
    Maps built around the modes
    Meaningful tactical destruction
    Better gun play
    Hub/main menu
    Cod headquarters mixed with The Traveller from Destiny as the hub.
    -From this, u control a character that can go to gun ranges, simulation tests, vehicle testing, and a airfield with planes and helicopters that take u to multiplayer matches.
    As u travel to your match u sit in the plane with the other players and are briefed on the mission as the load time.
    Operations
    At the end of an Operations if the attackers win, the defenders should have a chance to escape onto boats or planes ✈️
    Commender Mode
    Commender is on battlefield helping the team
    He/she has special equipment to call in supply drops and missle strikes request by squad leaders
    Vehicles
    Only first person views
    In and out animations
    Fuel for vehicles, u run out your a sitting duck
  • Chooka_68
    Battlefield 1944
    +European and Pacific fronts.
    +Commander with destructible and repairable assets.
    +Destructible and repairable map assets and environment.
    +Classic preset.
    +Main bases which can be entered by enemies.
    +Assault, medic, support, anti-tank, engineer and scout classes with minimal equipment customisation and locked gadget slots (like every support carries ammo resupplies or every engineer carries a repair tool).
    +Weapon and character customisation.
    Some solid ideas but I don't need for the next BF to be WWII I think that era has been done enough for the time being. Repairable assets like Cod ww2 could be interesting.

I want a Rush Mode like BC2 that was my fav as I grow tired of running in a circle to the alphabet arranged around the map. I've think rush is available in BF1 but I've never played it. The are to many modes in Bf1 there is way to much ****. Players don't play the other modes as much because they want 32vs32. Westie's channel below sums up everything I want.

• Foot_Elite_Tomei
    edited December 10
    @Chooka_68
    WWII limits certain things, that's for sure and probably better to have a Cold War/Modern/Futuristic title.

By commander assets I mean commanders scans, uav trailer, artillery pieces etc. which are located on main bases and can be destroyed by explosives and repaired by commander repair supply crate and engineer's repair tool kit.

By destructible environment I mean installations such as bridges. If they would like to add depth into vehicle gameplay by limiting vehicle ammo and self-repair, then there could be ammo stocks and repair stations on the map too.

These two things puts demolition (anti-tank) and engineer classes into work along with smaller emplacements like in Cod WW2, as you mentioned, which can be destroyed and repaired.

All in all, I want a little bit resource based and class complementing gameplay with classic preset in oldschooled style. Running around after flags and lonewolf killing has grown old.

Edit:
    Only three things I agree with Westie. Better server rental customisation options would be nice. Reduced explosive reliance. Well, this is pretty much about class design and how easily you get your explosives back. DLC map packs should be a thing because otherwise developers find other less favourable ways to get profit from added content and updates. Everybody should get current DLC weapons however because locking them behind an additional paywall creates an unequal playground.
  • Zombie_Be_Gone
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

What made Battlefield 3/4 fun? Progression? MVP? K/D? Quirky odd Game mechanics that made it fun too.

Battlefield 1? Took away MVP, took away K/D, changed the progression and now the game is boring with no motivation to do anything.

They will sell lots of copies because the community hopes the game style will return to Battlefield 3/4 and then after 6 months the player base is less than 60k across all platforms.

But hey EA will blind the game with Micro Transactions like they do with all there crappy games.