BF1 stationary weapons vs COD WW2 stationary weapons

wastroupe
10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I think this is one of the VERY FEW areas that COD WW2 beats Battlefield. I have a blast with the stationary MG42s and tank turrets on that game. Especially when playing War on the Normandy map. A player on a stationary weapon can be a real threat. When playing BF1, it seems at times the stationary weapons are underpowered and outmatched (specifically referring to heavy machine guns). This leads to them being neglected, which is a shame because some of them are in some awesome locations (ie: the top of the hill near the French spawn in Verdun Heights)

I have a few suggestions to improve the stationary weapons on BF1.

First, make the heavy machine gun more more accurate and perhaps a 4 hit kill. No change to rate of fire. Can possibly be balanced by faster overheats

Second, give the Field gun an extra firing mode similar to the siege gun and coastal gun where an icon appears on the mini map. That would be really cool

Lastly, leave the flak gun the way it is. After several buffs and nerfs, it seems to be pretty good.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    5982 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I’ll defer my thoughts on this cod thread to @Loqtrall
  • V2Face
    1880 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Comparing apples and oranges is comparing oranges and apples.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The mounted MG42 in COD:WW2 actually fires at a much lower rate than the actual MG42. World at War did the MG42 better.

Not to mention that the Maxim machine gun in BF1 represents one of the most commonly used machine guns in WW1.

The field gun in BF1 is also extremely powerful; it simply needs decent accuracy.
  • crabman169
    10477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hitscan vs projectile

Endless vs overheat (correct me on that one; haven't played ww2 yet but last few cods the turrets didn't even overhear at all)
  • wastroupe
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oh look, it's another "bf vs cod" thread!

Sorry, a little late to the party
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Hitscan vs projectile

Endless vs overheat (correct me on that one; haven't played ww2 yet but last few cods the turrets didn't even overhear at all)

Turrets in MW1 and WaW didn't overheat, but turrets started to get overheating ever since MW2. WW2's mounted machine guns do overheat at a bit of a faster rate than in other CoD games, but have higher damage and lower recoil than usual.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    6290 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    Moved to off topic.

• Loqtrall
    8612 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    wastroupe wrote: »
    I have a blast with the stationary MG42s and tank turrets on that game. A player on a stationary weapon can be a real threat.

Not if you can land headshots.

Every MG in Ww2 is worthless if someone knows you're on it and can aim. Those are the two requirements to take out an MG camper in Ww2.