How to deal with useless mortar trucks on ur team

Comments

• shufixer
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Have you ever thought that the mortar truck is actually doing what they are supposed too do? They can't get up and close in any way. I personally get between 20-40 kills with one when playing operations. I can understand it would be frustrating in Conquest because they are not playing the objective but for Operations and even frontline they work very well to keep enemies back.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah, in certain ops they can be very usefull. Not so much for the kills, but laying down smoke and gas on enemy flags. They can sometimes hit targets that direct fire tanks cannot. Would a team rather a heavy tanker who just charges blindly at a flag and keeps getting blown to smitherines or a mortar truck laying down smoke/gas and softening up enemies enabling the infantry to advance. But like anything, a bad player is a bad player whether thay are in a tank, plane, arty truck or poor blooming infantry.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    1098 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Have you ever thought that two support players with mortars do the job of the mortar tank better, without wasting one of the team's tanks? No one said the mortar can't get kills camping away being mostly useless. Only that it is a waste vs any other tank in the game, hell even the MAA on an infantry only map does better.

Its even worse when people pick the Mortar Truck on Galicia/Brusilov Keep, or the Mortar Landship on Tsaritsyn/Volga River.
  • robmcewen
    1709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    shufixer wrote: »
    Have you ever thought that the mortar truck is actually doing what they are supposed too do? They can't get up and close in any way. I personally get between 20-40 kills with one when playing operations. I can understand it would be frustrating in Conquest because they are not playing the objective but for Operations and even frontline they work very well to keep enemies back.

If the truck was on the defending team I would agree, but they were on the attacking team, a assault, light or heavy tank would have been a better pick for the attackers team.
  • NLBartmaN
    47 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I choose type of tank depending on the situation.

But driving your tank into the battlefield on the russian maps is just stupid suicide.

You get stuck in the trenches or get blown up by the many hiding players.

Better bomb the crap out of AA guns, enemy tanks, mortar support players and spotted snipers (and other enemies hiding in cover) and help the team advance and getting the objective.
  • MarxistDictator
    3343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah but if you have DLC there is literally a better version of that in the Recon Garford. You can take out enemies without line of sight while being able to drop mines and spot flares. You can even spawn teammates with it and the MG is part of the turret. It also isn't totally screwed vs any other tank.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    well, i have seen mortar trucks helping out a bit a few times before. i once did run into these two mortar trucks on our team on soissons ops, which i recorded:

although they didn't kill anyone, i guess they put down lots of smoke and gas.. thus blinding the enemy long enough for our people to cap the obj? lol although they were prob blinding us as well.
  • RomioiStrategos
    268 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @boutneus you, sir, are a legendary hero!
  • Gforce81
    2346 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Good job man.

Why those freaking trucks are even in the game is beyond me. The ONLY single purpose they serve is sitting a mile away from the action getting kills.

Literally any other tank choice is better. F, even take the Light Tank if you wanna be a solo tanker, you can at least be more of a team player
  • spidey2_the
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    maybe you should focus on PTFO yourself rather than being a jerk so someone else minding their business.
  • Ploodovic
    431 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    While I’ll admit that it’s a funny clip, I can’t applaud this blatant team killing. I get it, there are more useful tanks than the mortar artillery truck, but I’m not a fan of hindering people to play the game, the way they want to play it.

This reminds me of BF2, where you had the attack helicopter with two seats. Sometimes, you would enter as a gunner, but the pilot wanted the helicopter for themselves, to do the seat switching, guided missile thing. What they would do then, was fly to the end of the map, hover right at the point where the gunner, who was seated in the front, was out of bounds, but the pilot wasn’t. The gunner would die for being out of bounds, and the pilot basically team killed because they wanted the toy, that was built for two, for themselves. Time to grow up?
  • GerocK-
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I understand the frustration of someone not choosing the ideal tank, but I hate what you did a whole lot more. I'm a bit surprised the majority of the people here applaud you for it.
  • okachuka
    320 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GerocK- wrote: »
    I understand the frustration of someone not choosing the ideal tank, but I hate what you did a whole lot more. I'm a bit surprised the majority of the people here applaud you for it.

I dont think that Op got frustrated because that said tanker tookd Arty truck but because what he was doing with it. So why i found that funny and well played by Op, is simply because the arty truck user knew that he/she wasnt helping anyone from there, well maybe the enemy a bit because u know
  • okachuka
    320 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    okachuka wrote: »
    GerocK- wrote: »

I dont think that Op got frustrated because that said tanker tookd Arty truck but because what he was doing with it. So why i found that funny and well played by Op, is simply because the arty truck user knew that he/she wasnt helping anyone from there, well maybe the enemy a bit because u know

E: this is how i use it for example, near objective providing everything what it has to offer. http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/okakac/video/40639377
  • APBT
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I hate seeing teammates sabotage each other.

Personally I would not have done it, I would be spotting for he or she to help me out at an objective closer to the mortar setup location, especially if the OP is using the floodlight setup on that tank.

• boutneus
    1696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 8
    Aight just to clarify the scenario: just worked hard to get the B flag which was being taken. So I turned back towards the spawn because it’s a lot easier to drive to A there then going though the trenches (especially with the st chammond stupid handling). I was turning right towards A while thinking ‘ why we didn’t cap A yet’. Even in the vid it says : half of our forces remain.
    And guess what I found? A MTF mortar truck camping so close to out of bounds that he’d almost fall of the map.
    So yeah that hit a nerve. Props to anyone who uses the mortar truck to its full potential such as above video. But you can find those like needles in haystacks.

Note the vid says: useless mortar truck. Yes he might pick up a kill here and there, drop some smoke. Nothing 1 medic on the enemy team canmake him instantly useless
  • TheGM86
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 8
    There is no justification possible for using the Mortar Truck over the Garfunkle. only trolls continue to do so.
  • V2Face
    1893 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    maybe you should focus on PTFO yourself rather than being a jerk so someone else minding their business.

Mortar arty truck user spotted.