Impossible to play without seeing a cheat

Comments

• STOPchris
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yeah, it is getting REALLY bad. Activision and EA are the worst too. I won't buy anymore games from them. They can kiss off.
  • frankbama
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Had a new one earlier today, player one shotted me through the floor from directly below me with a medic rifle. He was a low level and went 54-4 on an infantry map. I wish ea/dice would get as creative as the cheat developers. Ridiculous!
  • IllIllIII
    3716 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Haven’t a y blatant cheater in a long time.
    Also the suspicious ones o havent seen many.
    Seems to get better.
  • Teh_Next
    1586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm finding that server performance is back to being terrible again.
    It may be making some people appear dodgier than normal.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 7
    frankbama wrote: »
    Had a new one earlier today, player one shotted me through the floor from directly below me with a medic rifle. He was a low level and went 54-4 on an infantry map. I wish ea/dice would get as creative as the cheat developers. Ridiculous!

Being OHK'd is a generally a result of bundled damage. A damage mod can also have the same outcome. Bundled damage is simply the result of multiple hits being bundled into a single damage packet. Reasons for this happening are abundant and beyond the scope of topic. Yet, No cheat can shoot through solid objects. Period.

There's a mechanic called "Collision". Collision makes surfaces solid so you don't fall/walk through them. If a bullet can go through, you can go through. Thus if the floor allowed a bullet to travel through, you would've fell through when walking across it.

For collision detection to be applied both objects must have a collision hull or collision volume. Generally all models (buildings, trees, rocks, barrels etc) have collision hulls.

Cheats do not and can not modify server code.
    The server validates your hits, by running arbitration (simulating the shot) against its version of the game simulation. So even if a cheat could allow bullets to pass through walls on the installed machine, they wouldn't pass through walls on the servers arbitration ... This results in a denied hit claim.

The logical outcome is "A part of your hitbox was exposed or allowed to pass through (overlap event) the floor/wall. Hitboxes can overlap world dynamic objects at times, yet the skeleton (physicsObject) won't allow for passage. Bullets, player pawns, vehicles are Physics Objects. Buildings are WorldDynamic Objects (meaning there are no physics applied to the object).
  • IllIllIII
    3716 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Being OHK'd is a generally a result of bundled damage. A damage mod can also have the same outcome. Bundled damage is simply the result of multiple hits being bundled into a single damage packet. Reasons for this happening are abundant and beyond the scope of topic. Yet, No cheat can shoot through solid objects. Period.

There's a mechanic called "Collision". Collision makes surfaces solid so you don't fall/walk through them. If a bullet can go through, you can go through. Thus if the floor allowed a bullet to travel through, you would've fell through when walking across it.

For collision detection to be applied both objects must have a collision hull or collision volume. Generally all models (buildings, trees, rocks, barrels etc) have collision hulls.

The server validates your hits, by running arbitration (simulating the shot) against its version of the game simulation. So even if a cheat could allow bullets to pass through walls on the installed machine, they wouldn't pass through walls on the servers arbitration ... This results in a denied hit claim.

The logical outcome is "A part of your hitbox was exposed or allowed to pass through (overlap event) the floor/wall. Hitboxes can overlap world dynamic objects at times, yet the skeleton (physicsObject) won't allow for passage. Bullets, player pawns, vehicles are Physics Objects. Buildings are WorldDynamic Objects (meaning there are no physics applied to the object).

That’s all too difficult, it’s cheats!!
    :D
  • frankbama

The logical outcome is "A part of your hitbox was exposed or allowed to pass through the floor/wall (this does happen). Hitboxes can smoosh through at times, yet the skeleton won't allow for passage.

I would like to know how he knew I was there, I was in a corner and had not moved for some time waiting on my team mates to spawn on me. Did he hear me breathing? I did not fall through the floor after he killed me. I do not remeber this in the previous bf games. So what you are saying is the game has bugs and glitches in it that should have been fixed in the past year. It is always something other than cheating with some of you guys. Do poeple spend money on cheats not to us them? Also, that was the first suspect player I had seen in 6 or 7 games.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

The logical outcome is "A part of your hitbox was exposed or allowed to pass through the floor/wall (this does happen). Hitboxes can smoosh through at times, yet the skeleton won't allow for passage.

I would like to know how he knew I was there, I was in a corner and had not moved for some time waiting on my team mates to spawn on me. Did he hear me breathing? I did not fall through the floor after he killed me. I do not remeber this in the previous bf games. So what you are saying is the game has bugs and glitches in it that should have been fixed in the past year. It is always something other than cheating with some of you guys. Do poeple spend money on cheats not to us them? Also, that was the first suspect player I had seen in 6 or 7 games.

In no way am I saying there aren't any cheats. There are in fact cheats in BF1 and all other FPS games. I'm just explaining the technical "Facts" as to what can and cannot happen in this game as far as collision and overlap events.

As with all other games the same physics and world dynamic principles apply. Player body parts do push through (overlap) world dynamic objects in just about every game. They do in every game I play or have played (PC FPS since early 90's). They do this in "Every" BF title (played them all).

I'll see if I can get someone to do it later this evening on my BF4 server.

As far as "knowing you were there" .. it could just be your back or elbow pushed through the wall. Stuff like that can stick out to an immersed player.
  • Oskool_007
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    frankbama, I sent you a personal message with a video showing a Star Wars Battlefront 2 cheater shooting players through walls. It really makes you question what is and isn't possible.
  • Revokah
    627 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I spent the evening getting called a hacker again, especially after @Th3St1ng introduced me to the SL Trench lol
  • Micas99
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Revokah wrote: »
    I spent the evening getting called a hacker again, especially after @Th3St1ng introduced me to the SL Trench lol

Which is exactly the same thing as saying, "look at me guys, I'm good at this game". I.E., nobody gives an-expletive. The narcissism is off the charts.
  • Revokah
    627 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yeah well when youve been labelled a hacker fhroughout this thread you’ll understand
  • frankbama
    I was just playing around with the leader board on tracker and went to kill streaks, the leader has 981 and the first page had over 400 each. Is this wrong, how could a player have a kill streak of 981? Oh wait, it must be a program glitch or bad internet just a great player.
  • IllIllIII
    I was just playing around with the leader board on tracker and went to kill streaks, the leader has 981 and the first page had over 400 each. Is this wrong, how could a player have a kill streak of 981? Oh wait, it must be a program glitch or bad internet just a great player.

Simple answer... as Rev said, there ARE cheaters.
    We do not need evidence for that.

@Micas99 bragging or not, call it what you like but Revokah is proving a point.
    When youre better then average you are called a hacker in bf1.
    And yes i know it is because there are hacker and without hackers there wouldn’t be hackusations.

Question is ; are there more hackers or hackusations?
    This thread is split up in 2 kinds of people.
    People that complain/discuss cheaters and players that are madcuzbad so the come and spit their anger blaming every strange death to cheats.
  • Oskool_007
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hackusations have no impact on the outcome of a match. Cheaters on the other hand have a huge impact on the outcome of a match.

Cheating is massively more damaging to a game than hackusations are. The two are nowhere close to being equal in severity.

I'm back to wondering what the motives are for people bringing up hackusations if it has no effect on the game itself. That only leaves hackusations having an effect on a player's psyche.

This leads me to believe those who take issue with hackusations are more worried about how other people perceive them, and less worried about what's happening to the game itself.
  • Revokah
    What bugs me is the fact I’ve played countless hours getting better and for what to be thrown under the same bus as the cheaters...
  • IllIllIII
    I don’t know what the mission is from people in here.
    But in this forum hackusations IS a problem.
    People blame EA/DICE for their poor performance ingame.....
  • Jim_gate
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Havent played for 2 months and today the very first match I played was with a cheater named 01010101binary, he frankly confessed he was cheating, because he was angry with other cheaters.
    Its funny that he said he reported many hackers before and even wrote ea emails about the cheat code and back door he found affecting ea servers, yet he got no reply whatsoever. He then went full rage and cheat every match with auto aimming damage boost you name it, he has them all. I chatted with this dude a lot and kinda feel his feelings. I myself posted 3 topics with regard to cheatings, and reported 500 plus cheater in my 1400 hours of bf1 play time, yet I was treated like dog **** and never had any feedback about cheating and cheaters I reported, many of them are sure playing atm. What could I do? Eat **** and die? Im fed up with this **** and I will post every community I m active in against ea and dice. Hope u bankrupt in the foreseeable future and let no one be your victim.
  • Revokah
    You should probably give up online gaming
  • woll3
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    Hackusations have no impact on the outcome of a match. Cheaters on the other hand have a huge impact on the outcome of a match.

If somebody hackusates from the spectator and convinces half of a team to leave i wouldnt say that it has "no impact" on the actual game.
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    This leads me to believe those who take issue with hackusations are more worried about how other people perceive them, and less worried about what's happening to the game itself.

As if you have to choose one or the other, people complain that reporting players does nothing, but maybe thats down to players reporting everything and everyone anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯