bf1 keeps crashing for me, help!

siemkas1
7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited December 7
so... bf1 keeps crashing for me.
when i open it it works, i can play it but after some time it just stops working, sometimes i could play all day and it dosent.
i dont think that something is wrong with my pc becouse it was fine with normal grafics but since i changed it it crashes.
if you know how to fix this please help .

ram : 8.00 GB
64bit
windows : windows 10 pro
processor : ADM Ryzen 5 1600 six-core processor 3.20 GHz
gbu : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Comments

• NamelessForNow
    1034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Any error when it crashes? BF1 has stopped working or directx error? The latest nvidia driver stopped the directx errors for me. Also try repairing the game in Origin.
  • D5RAT
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    latest Nvidia driver or back to AMD 17.1.1 Try that
  • siemkas1
    edited December 7
    Any error when it crashes? BF1 has stopped working or directx error? The latest nvidia driver stopped the directx errors for me. Also try repairing the game in Origin.

i did it i didnt help but later i instaled the letest driver and every game started crashing and then i couldnt do anything it just froze and i had to restarit my pc for everything to go back to normal except its still crashing
  • NamelessForNow
    1034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Unstable overclock?
  • siemkas1
    im sorry im not realy good with computers, what does that mean?
  • freakingcrazy
    741 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    what driver do you use?

all programs at the backround closed?
  • siemkas1
    what driver do you use?

i dont know any more what driver im using anymore i just downloaded the latest one then looked for a driver for my gpu and now im lost so i dont know.

and usually i listen to music while playing video games
  • freakingcrazy
    741 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 7
    siemkas1 wrote: »
    what driver do you use?

i dont know any more what driver im using anymore i just downloaded the latest one then looked for a driver for my gpu and now im lost so i dont know.

Stop everything in The background even Dont play music.

And try again, This game needs all The resources It can get.

And you have only 8 gb memory, its close to minimum with This game, and all unnessary programs running, eat system memory.
  • siemkas1
    what driver do you use?

Stop everything in The background even Dont play music.

And try again, This game needs all The resources It can get.

And you have only 8 gb memory, its close to minimum with This game, and all unnessary programs running, eat system memory.

ok ill try but i just wanna say that i was listening to music before it started crashing and i think something is wrong with the drivers because since i installed the latest driver my every game started crashing except for a couple :
    crashing :
    battlefield 1
    overwatch
    street fighter
    rust
    not crashing :
    counter strike global offensive
    nidhogg
  • siemkas1
    and it still crashes, in one of the crashes it said something about drivers so idk
  • freakingcrazy
    Try 385.69 driver, that one should work with bf1
  • siemkas1
    it still crashes but runs more smoothly, and i think your right i should just get an upgrade for my pc
    ty
  • NamelessForNow
    im sorry im not realy good with computers, what does that mean?

If you don't know about overclocking, you probably don't have anything overclocked. When you install a different driver, it's recommended that you use DDU. Google Display Drive Uninstaller and download the latest version and run in SAFE MODE under launch options. After your PC reboots, install your driver of choice.

You should also monitor your temps while gaming. You might be crashing because of it. Just because your right can handle one game, doesn't mean it'll handle all of them.
  • Sechnaill
    759 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Problem could be WIndows 10, heat, video card driver, or lack of system memory. You only have 8 GB of system memory.
    If you think 'heat' is an issue then open up the computer, such as a side panel, and then play and see if it's okay.
  • freakingcrazy
    it still crashes but runs more smoothly, and i think your right i should just get an upgrade for my pc
    ty

it should run it,with 8gb,only less smooth.But you should be able to play the game.Something is wrong with your pc.Maybe indeed overheat ,looks like an stability issue
  • F00KDAT
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Make sure you are using BORDERLESS not fullscreen. There is a bug in fullscreen mode. My game only crashes when in full screen mode either at launch or randomly during game.
    In borderless it runs smooth with zero issues.

XFX RX580 XXX BIOS MOD @ 1366/2100
    Driver: 17.11.4

Windows 10 x64 Enterprise
    Version: 1709 (OS Build 16299.98)
  • D5RAT
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    FookDat wrote: »
    Make sure you are using BORDERLESS not fullscreen. There is a bug in fullscreen mode. My game only crashes when in full screen mode either at launch or randomly during game.
    In borderless it runs smooth with zero issues.

XFX RX580 XXX BIOS MOD @ 1366/2100
    Driver: 17.11.4

Windows 10 x64 Enterprise
    Version: 1709 (OS Build 16299.98)

17.11.4 Is your problem . I suffered the same went to 17.1.1 (random no reason,anything up to 17.10.x should work ) and all was fine in fullscreen
  • em1LL77
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    so... bf1 keeps crashing for me.
    when i open it it works, i can play it but after some time it just stops working, sometimes i could play all day and it dosent.
    i dont think that something is wrong with my pc becouse it was fine with normal grafics but since i changed it it crashes.
    if you know how to fix this please help .

ram : 8.00 GB
    64bit
    windows : windows 10 pro
    processor : ADM Ryzen 5 1600 six-core processor 3.20 GHz
    gbu : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

install directX. i had the same problem with the latest nvidia driver
  • siemkas1
    edited December 11
    tried everything still crashing
    maybe if i install it on my ssd disc?
  • TheOnePaleHorse
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    LOL I feel your pain. All of my games work great but BF1. I have to let me PC set for about 15:00 minutes before I try and play BF1. If not is locks up. I can then restart and play all dang night.