Tanks are too good

MaffyG79
4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
You hit a tank with a rocket now and it's almost always just 2 damage. Someone in a heavy tank is currently 83-0 in a game I'm playing! Hit him with 4 rockets and it did 8 damage in total despite them not being awful ricochet shots! Ruining the game.

Comments

• dj4047
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 7
    As far as I know the rocket gun is completely worthless right now. It does 2 damage regardless of where you hit a tank. It's been reported as a bug, not sure if its going to be fixed or not. Better get used to being up close and personal with dynamite
  • MaffyG79
    Thanks, good to hear it's been reported. Chap just now could just do circuits blasting everyone away.
  • Prep768
    2358 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No. Tanks are not too good - the ricochet bug is still in game. Anything but a rocket gun works as normal.

Also those assaults in your game OP were obviously not doing their jobs properly. Seeing as it's open season on vehicles now, they might drop their hellriegal and do something about them
  • MaffyG79
    Yes, tanks are too good because of the ricochet bug. It's also not been a one-off. 83-0 about halfway through the game an extreme example but been plenty recently where someone has gone 40+ - 0 before finally being taken out.
  • GuN_sLiNgErXD15
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That’s a big op hopefully dice will have a fix soon, in the mean time I’ve found flank shots work.
    Mines, limpets, nades and he mortars still working fine too.
  • MaffyG79
    Yep, pretty much just the rocket gun when not a flank shot is affected but I don't play this game enough to start experimenting with other stuff!
  • Gforce81
    2346 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MaffyG79 wrote: »
    Yep, pretty much just the rocket gun when not a flank shot is affected but I don't play this game enough to start experimenting with other stuff!

Since the ricochet bug has been a thing, I've been running with Dynamite, the small LT Hand grenade, and AT Mines. Anything that you launch has a chance of this ridiculous ricochet.

It requires you get real close to the tank, but if you can get close, you can lay down a mine, toss a dynamite or two, back up and detonate it all off.
  • crabman169
    10508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Other explosive work just find

Fix Dec 11th for it anyhow
  • robmcewen
    1709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The incendiary Grenades are a good anti-tank weapon when used with a squad all trying to take down a tank. Not only does the flames prevent the tank doing a fast repair but can also cause the tanker to panic making him/her a far less dangerous prospect for your assaults and support teammates the finish it off. And if you're lucky you might get the kill.
  • GoofyMC123
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Prep768 wrote: »
    Anything but a rocket gun works as normal.

Not totally true, i've had AT grenades bounce off of tanks recently too
  • Prep768
    2358 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »
    Prep768 wrote: »
    Anything but a rocket gun works as normal.

Not totally true, i've had AT grenades bounce off of tanks recently too

From what I've heard on here that has been an issue for some time now - just tonight the FF had a practice session on ridding tanks and the AT grenade worked fine for me
  • von_Campenstein
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    MaffyG79 wrote: »
    You hit a tank with a rocket now and it's almost always just 2 damage. Someone in a heavy tank is currently 83-0 in a game I'm playing! Hit him with 4 rockets and it did 8 damage in total despite them not being awful ricochet shots! Ruining the game.

No rocket guns are bugged have nothing to do with the performance of the tanks as such.