Horse riders

enek0id
143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Hi guys,

Anyone else annoyed by the resistance of horse riders?
What is the damage multiplier of a soldier on a horse? 1/2?
After many MG15 bullets on target (either soldier or horse, which is, by the way, at least supposed to unsaddle the rider when hit, or at least to flee, come on!!!) I get killed by a sword sometimes.
Let alone try to face a horse rider with an Automatico or a sniper rifle, impossible to kill quickly as it should be... which is ridiculous.
I hope they will be seriously nerfed in the future.

Comments

• MachoFantast1c0
    482 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No, not in the least. They need to be seriously buffed. Not sure if trolling.
  • enek0id
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I am not trolling.
    Do you really think that if you unload a SMG on a horse + rider in RL, the horse will continue to run toward you and the rider will be able to kill you with his sword?
  • J0hn_C0bra
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would understand this feeling if there would be many horse riders all the time on the field. Personally i have been doing some horsing and i feel it is comparable with other sentries ie. having extra capabilities/resistance. Controlling the horse (and for example the lance) effectively is not so easy.
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why even put horses and swords in a online fps...rofl.
    Must be to please the kiddies....wich are the only ones left playing this pile of poop.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    482 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    enek0id wrote: »
    I am not trolling.
    Do you really think that if you unload a SMG on a horse + rider in RL, the horse will continue to run toward you and the rider will be able to kill you with his sword?

No, I do not. But this has nothing to do with balancing a game. In its current form cavalry is mostly useless on PC at least.
  • ATF_lateDENT
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 7
    They have nerfed the horse a couple of times already. Early on they reduced the range of the attack from horseback and dropped the amount of damage the horse/rider could take. Then a couple of patches ago, they nerfed the amount of damage the horse could take again by another 25%. It is a shadow of what it was when the game launched. The way it stands now, it is extremely challenging to get kills from horseback, especially when the horse will sometimes vault 10 foot walls, then come to a complete stop for a short fence or boulder sitting on the ground. I routinely get taken down by infantry before I can even get close if they see me coming. Also, if you know when to sidestep a horse charge, it's possible for a single infantry to gun you down before you can take them out. Many times I have been shot dead by a sniper using only a pistol because I was unwilling to let the kill go. If you notice, the Horse rider is wearing chest armor like other sentry kits, so there is some resistance to bullet body shots from the front, but there is no extra resistance from the rear. The horse is now a hit and run vehicle that can barely take any damage. If you can't kill a horse/rider at this point, then you should turn in your controller.
  • Miles_Vappa
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am not trolling.

Do you really think:
    1. that poking a soldier with a needle full of morphine who just got hit with a tank shell, shot in the head, lit up by a machine gun, etc. would suddenly be in perfect health and capable of running around without scratch on him? ... or would he be blown to bits, missing a head, ripped to shreds?
    2. that soldiers carry an infinite amount of magic healing packs that can heal men with any injuries by touching them, or little ammo pouches that can resupply more ammo then could ever possibly fit inside the little pouch, let alone having an infinite number of them?
    3. that the weapons being used by 90% of the players (hellriegel, automatico, cei rigotti, basically every gun in this game) was actually used during the first world war? or were they prototype weapons that were mostly created after the war was over and never even produced?
    4. that world war 1 tanks were capable of moving faster than a soldier walking? (they were not)
    5. that more then 20 german A7V tanks created throughout the course of the war? you can see more than 20 of them in a single game...
    6. that a soldier from any army could have access and could use the weapon/vehicle from any other army?
    7. that an assault soldier could run around with a machine gun, an AT Rocket gun, a pistol, two bundles of grenades, etc. and never get tired? let alone be just as fast as a soldier simply carrying a bolt action rifle and a flare gun?
    8. that soldiers had little maps in their eyes and that when they pointed at enemies big red dots appeared over them to the rest of their allies, and on said map in their vision?
    9. That planes were used in anyway similar to this game?
    10. That vehicles could repair themselves in less then 30 seconds, even whilst in flight and their wings are destroyed?

Point is, i could go on and on about this. Stop cherry picking random things and complaining waaah waaah realism as an argument, this game is NOT REALISTIC. If you think it is realistic, jesus, read a book, go outside and experience real life. Here's a test. go on a jog, without any extra equipment. I bet you will get tired after 100m, let alone sprinting, you know, forever.
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    you should turn in your controller.

This is the PC section, mister.
  • Fw-JPhysics
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Treat the cavalry like a light vehicle, one AT round and the horse is lasagna!
  • Sechnaill
    759 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A wounded horse should not be able to run at full speed.
  • Gforce81
    2346 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    omg not this **** matter again.

When is enough, enough?
    Hi guys,

Anyone else annoyed by the resistance of horse riders?
    What is the damage multiplier of a soldier on a horse? 1/2?
    After many MG15 bullets on target (either soldier or horse, which is, by the way, at least supposed to unsaddle the rider when hit, or at least to flee, come on!!!) I get killed by a sword sometimes.
    Let alone try to face a horse rider with an Automatico or a sniper rifle, impossible to kill quickly as it should be... which is ridiculous.
    I hope they will be seriously nerfed in the future.

Just stop. Cav has been nerfed endlessly since the release of the game. For all of the nerfs, Cavalry has gotten: The Lance (which is worse than the Sabre)

Do you realize they changed how armor works for Cavalry? They buffed it while on horseback, but completely removed it when off horseback.

If you are still struggling with Cav at THIS point in the game, its very much a YOU problem; the class itself is fine.
  • i40ozz
    203 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Here we go again.

@LOLGotYerTags Where is the Down Vote button on this thread? Can we close these duplicate horse nerf threads? It's been going on since launch.

• D5RAT
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 8
    K bullets or AT rocket take them down quickly . Plus the rider now has no extra protection after dismount which in itself is a major nerf
  • ATF_lateDENT
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    D5RAT wrote: »
    K bullets or AT rocket take them down quickly . Plus the rider now has no extra protection after dismount which in itself is a major nerf

Why would you ever dismount? The fun of cavalry is catching snipers unaware and lopping their heads from their shoulders.