300 shotgun kills... worst idea ever

Comments

• olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @kampkaos_420_ True that!

I'm mostly a fanboy around here so I had to throw some complaining in just so that I don't get to be a DICE friend or something taking away all credibility ;).

Aaah the Unica challenge... good old days :).
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well the weekend of the shotguns is over,....................but I'm still using the model 1900 slug, love this gun.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    @kampkaos_420_ It:
    "I understand some have to entertain family more than others. Good for you, but that doesn't mean everything should be presented to you on a silver platter when you do decide to get online."

First, this is not about me. I did it, and actually enjoyed it. I was anyway doing another round of service stars on the assault weapons so I just passed the SMGs and did the shotguns first.

It is not about being presented on a silver platter. It's the calendar time issue. If the assignment was meant to be challenging in any way, the time limit should be game-time. Say, 10 (or 5 or 1) hours in-game during a specific week. This is more fair to all. The current setup is not about having any kind of skill (after all it's a shotgun mission...), it is just about putting in enough hours (depending on skill and what you chose to play) during the 'opening hours' and I suppose this is what EA wants - keep the servers populated over the weekend.

I don't understand why people who did it are so begrudging against those who missed it (but actually would have done it if they had the time and noticed it was ongoing). But as someone already wrote, everyone will probably get it for free later on. I suppose all those who had to 'work hard' (lol) to get it will be crying at that time...

They more than likely will repost the mission at a later date also just like the zodiac ones.

I feel for those who just missed the mission. I myself have let a couple slip by ( some I missed and some just didn't care to do) but I have never thrown a fit over mission parameters. They are what they are. Some more idiotic than others.

Just remember bf4 had some dumb ones also. What was it? The utica challenge, get 20 kills with a pistol while swimming. There was a couple off the wall ones.

Speaking of silly challenges, I would like to reiterate that I still don't have the bloody GOL Magnum after all of these years. I certainly tried to get it, but no matter what, the tower ends up getting destroyed, or the tower gets lit up by everyone else in the map, so I can't get that dreaded five killstreak...
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    @kampkaos_420_ It:
    "I understand some have to entertain family more than others. Good for you, but that doesn't mean everything should be presented to you on a silver platter when you do decide to get online."

First, this is not about me. I did it, and actually enjoyed it. I was anyway doing another round of service stars on the assault weapons so I just passed the SMGs and did the shotguns first.

It is not about being presented on a silver platter. It's the calendar time issue. If the assignment was meant to be challenging in any way, the time limit should be game-time. Say, 10 (or 5 or 1) hours in-game during a specific week. This is more fair to all. The current setup is not about having any kind of skill (after all it's a shotgun mission...), it is just about putting in enough hours (depending on skill and what you chose to play) during the 'opening hours' and I suppose this is what EA wants - keep the servers populated over the weekend.

I don't understand why people who did it are so begrudging against those who missed it (but actually would have done it if they had the time and noticed it was ongoing). But as someone already wrote, everyone will probably get it for free later on. I suppose all those who had to 'work hard' (lol) to get it will be crying at that time...

They more than likely will repost the mission at a later date also just like the zodiac ones.

I feel for those who just missed the mission. I myself have let a couple slip by ( some I missed and some just didn't care to do) but I have never thrown a fit over mission parameters. They are what they are. Some more idiotic than others.

Just remember bf4 had some dumb ones also. What was it? The utica challenge, get 20 kills with a pistol while swimming. There was a couple off the wall ones.

Speaking of silly challenges, I would like to reiterate that I still don't have the bloody GOL Magnum after all of these years. I certainly tried to get it, but no matter what, the tower ends up getting destroyed, or the tower gets lit up by everyone else in the map, so I can't get that dreaded five killstreak...

Lol I got my GOL. I cheated though. Was playing with friends and made one spawn and lay on a roof at D ( I think it was ) 5 times.

I'm missing 1 tag still. The one you have to parcute onto the tower. I always miss the bugger.

Ucav was also a pain. Can't recall what it call for at the moment.

Point being these off the wall crazy missions are not new or game breaking. They have been in battlefield for a long time.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Man, that's just sad. I got the GOL first try on Caspian and it's still my top weapon in BF4.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Man, that's just sad. I got the GOL first try on Caspian and it's still my top weapon in BF4.

Lol so did I. It's not something that alluded me. We had 4 servers at the time and was in the process of getting that one filled. I remember it like yesterday, 10v12 and it wasn't as easy as I made it sound. We did however agree not to blow the tower. That's still a crazy long shot (at least for me) to make on a guy jumping, laying down, and running in circles. I'm not one to stare down a scope. Funny stuff none the less and a lot of laughs with friends.

A bunch of us got on 2 nights ago and had a grand old time launching all sorts of vehicles across the map. That game is still fun to play years later :smiley:
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    Well the weekend of the shotguns is over,....................but I'm still using the model 1900 slug, love this gun.

I love the m1900 slug it's my go to assault weapon. I get some pretty dirty long range kills with that thing.

Especially if people stand still double slug them lol
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »

I love the m1900 slug it's my go to assault weapon. I get some pretty dirty long range kills with that thing.

The Slug shotguns do feel satisfying to use, did use the A-10 slug for a bit but found the sights hide too much of the screen, still, a fun gun when you get the hang of it.

With the clean sights of model 1900 slug certainly makes up for the 2 shots. In fact, the two shots make it a fun rewarding gun to use like the shotgun version of Martini-Henrey.

The gun makes me want to play assault again.

• Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The Slug shotguns do feel satisfying to use, did use the A-10 slug for a bit but found the sights hide too much of the screen, still, a fun gun when you get the hang of it.

With the clean sights of model 1900 slug certainly makes up for the 2 shots. In fact, the two shots make it a fun rewarding gun to use like the shotgun version of Martini-Henrey.

Easily the most enjoyable primary Assault has access to. A-10 slug is alright too, but as you said, the sight can be pretty obstructive.

I loveloveloveloveLOVE when you turn a corner, start taking damage from the Support guy across the alley, casually turn, and with 1 deft shot "BOOF" slump him to the floor

With the 1900 slug in mind; opinions on secondary choice?

I've been going back and forth between C93 for its quick velocity and better-at-range-ness, and the MLE 1903 for quick swap and hipfire accuracy.
  • DankDope99
    541 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

Easily the most enjoyable primary Assault has access to. A-10 slug is alright too, but as you said, the sight can be pretty obstructive.

I loveloveloveloveLOVE when you turn a corner, start taking damage from the Support guy across the alley, casually turn, and with 1 deft shot "BOOF" slump him to the floor

I've been going back and forth between C93 for its quick velocity and better-at-range-ness, and the MLE 1903 for quick swap and hipfire accuracy.

C93 is a great sidearm for any class, I've got 50 stars for that beast. I wish the frommer stop was an all class sidearm, its so quick you can fire all 8 rounds faster than the enemy can react
  • HANSGRUBER30

I'm trying to get a service star on all the side arms. I've finished all the semi-automatic pistols and have started work on the revolvers and was working on the Gasser M1870 at the time, which I find works well with the model 1900 slug. If for some reason you don't finish the opponent off with the shotgun one bullet seem's to do the trick from the Gasser to put him on their back.

Both the C93 and the MLE 1903 would make a great pairing with the slug shotguns with their fast draw times, fast rate of fire and reload time. The last one the reload time is something I miss about the semi-auto's, revolvers take ageees to reload.

And I remember the guy that gave me advice on how best to use the slug shotguns. ;)
  • TheGM86
    940 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've heard of worse Ideas. Like Communism.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'm trying to get a service star on all the side arms. I've finished all the semi-automatic pistols and have started work on the revolvers and was working on the Gasser M1870 at the time, which I find works well with the model 1900 slug. If for some reason you don't finish the opponent off with the shotgun one bullet seem's to do the trick from the Gasser to put him on their back.

Both the C93 and the MLE 1903 would make a great pairing with the slug shotguns with their fast draw times, fast rate of fire and reload time. The last one the reload time is something I miss about the semi-auto's, revolvers take ageees to reload.

And I remember the guy that gave me advice on how best to use the slug shotguns. ;)

*bows* Just trying to spread the word, they're a really fun way to play when you get the hang of it.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No.3 revolver or bust
  • HANSGRUBER30
    crabman169 wrote: »
    No.3 revolver or bust

Already got the service star for the No.3 revolver its a very good revolver.
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This is my review on the shotgun weekend, it’s not what you think and there could be a reason as to why they did it

• HANSGRUBER30
    Good video @Revokah glad you enjoyed and embraced the madness of the shotgun weekend in the end. Also, my dog is a spaniel who we got from a gun dog breeder so probably would use a shotgun if she had thumbs.
  • xBigOrangeHeadx
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just let players choose when to activate the mission. That retains the challenge of the time limit, such as it is, whilst giving people the flexibility to fit it round their schedule. All the holiday missions where it's x kills in y days could be like this.

Specifying the actual dates on which the kills must happen is just arbitrary and pointless.
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Good video @Revokah glad you enjoyed and embraced the madness of the shotgun weekend in the end. Also, my dog is a spaniel who we got from a gun dog breeder so probably would use a shotgun if she had thumbs.

Hahahahah that’s awesome man! Thanks for the feedback and the kind words!

• Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

For me, it's the Obrez. Boom, Boom, and BOOM.