can't fall a sleep

MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
1198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Couldn't fall a sleep tonight. I was stressed out. What are some ways you guys on here pass the time when you are unable to sleep(besides BF)?

Comments

• Mr7Beans
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't have that problem, i usually fall asleep in 15 minutes or so...
  • BaronVonGoon
    7022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Get out of bed. Staying in bed when you can't sleep is the worst thing you can do. Get up. Do something boring (BF4 campaign maybe). When you're sleepy again go to bed.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nobel83-9 wrote: »
    Get out of bed. Staying in bed when you can't sleep is the worst thing you can do. Get up. Do something boring (BF4 campaign maybe). When you're sleepy again go to bed.

This is actually what Dr's recommend. Staying in bed when you can't sleep makes your brain associate bedtime with staying awake if you do it too much. Read a book til you're tired, or do a crossword. Anything to lull your brain into a relaxed state.
  • SatanicMutant
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I usually cry myself asleep. Try cutting onions
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Insomnia has never been a problem of mine, given how busy I am at work and with my personal life.
    -
    If anything, I have trouble waking up given how relatively little sleep I get.
  • Professor_Memes
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As long as I am actually tired I can usually get to sleep in like 10-15 minutes. But there have a been a few nights where I have taken an hour or longer to get to sleep because my mind was racing thinking about something, or I went to bed early to try and correct my sleep schedule and it didn't work at all.
  • SatanicMutant
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    As long as I am actually tired I can usually get to sleep in like 10-15 minutes. But there have a been a few nights where I have taken an hour or longer to get to sleep because my mind was racing thinking about something, or I went to bed early to try and correct my sleep schedule and it didn't work at all.

Racing around memes
  • Professor_Memes
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Racing around memes

Always
  • OrangeNinja24
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Like @Nobel83-9 recommended, I'd watch a really boring tv channel, read, or surf the web until you go to sleep
  • lmGarbage
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    i do sumthing naughty w/ muhself, under the blanket, then pass out from exhaustion.
  • CallMehTodd
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't believe none you guys have heard about ASMR. It works for me 90% of the times. Example:

You don't necessarily need to keep staring at the video, the sound is enough for me.
  • Berrywoke
    566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I used to hate people who could fall asleep. I have accepted that it is my burden.
  • Exospax
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2016
    Go on your computer or phone and type in "white noise". The outer space one works best for me idk about you but it can help get your mind off things and help you fall asleep.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    run for a mile
  • meowpewpewmeow
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    there simple explanation: you are vampire :)
    biten by space illuminate reptiloid zombie
    its generally okay, just not forgot to wear you tinfoli hat when you come out (except by night).
  • gonzomark43
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    get strunk, does the trick for me Always (stoned+drunk=strunk)
  • meowpewpewmeow
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 2016
    thats not healthy way to get sleep/relaxation and basically degrade health compared to natural, healthy sleep. so no, not the best idea and only as alterinative of no sleep at all(eg desperate effort), but even in that case - moderate amount of weak alcohol - more than enough for most(some report that coffee or team mayb had similar impact. dunno why. maybe wear off effect?).
    curing insomnia - never easy. as IT guy in past i knew it too good for myself and colleagues (some apparently suffered from a lot. cause stress in most cases). some docs went "easy way" and tend prescribe ...load of drugs to affected, insted of something simpler, yet more efficient in long-term, despite bing less profitable for big pharmacy companies.
    Post edited by meowpewpewmeow on
  • Scumbag_of_Space
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I have episodes of sleeping problems. The fact my room is always too warm mixed with noisy neighbours and several sources of stress throw my sleeping pattern out. Eventually I'll start falling asleep at six or seven PM and staying up until two or three in the morning.
  • Professor_Memes
    edited August 2016
    Can't believe none you guys have heard about ASMR. It works for me 90% of the times. Example:

You don't necessarily need to keep staring at the video, the sound is enough for me.
    Damn, that is one soothing voice. And I actually never knew that feeling had a name, first time I've actually been able to do any research on it.

run for a mile

Exercise has the opposite affect for me. I get pumped up and then need to make an actual effort to slow my heartrate back down.
  • gonzomark43
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    thats not healthy way to get sleep/relaxation and basically degrade health compared to natural, healthy sleep. so no, not the best idea and only as alterinative of no sleep at all(eg desperate effort), but even in that case - moderate amount of weak alcohol - more than enough for most(some report that coffee or team mayb had similar impact. dunno why. maybe wear off effect?).
    curing insomnia - never easy. as IT guy in past i knew it too good for myself and colleagues (some apparently suffered from a lot. cause stress in most cases). some docs went "easy way" and tend prescribe ...load of drugs to affected, insted of something simpler, yet more efficient in long-term, despite bing less profitable for big pharmacy companies.

well , all that may be true, but, let me elaborate my view. first ofcourse getting strunk isnt daily business, even i know that too much of everything isnt good. i dont drink alcohol for at least 3 days in the week, standard. not on mon/tues/wednesday. then, i smoke weed, live in the Netherlands, so easy to get your hands on. indoorweed costs about €15,- per gram. i buy one gram each week. i have plenty of guys in my friendscircle that grow weed themselves, so it would be easy to buy there, for 7 per gram, but, the thing is you cant buy small amounts, so the result is you have a big bag of it at home, so you smoke more, wich i dont want. im 48 years old, familyman with one daughter, have my own company in trucking, and i can tell you im fed up with all the health bs. do what makes you feel good, thats the one rule i keep to. keep in mind i only use softdrugs, no coke, no pills, no non-natural stuff. in the end ofcourse its each to his own to decide what to do, but i can tell you this has been working more then fine for the last 25 years(if not earlier, dont keep track).