Community Challenge Boosting

jarmet100
322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I just ran into a boosting server for this "Destroy 100 Vehicles for the Gold Camo" challenge. They were all supports placing their mortar down and destroying them. It is the saddest thing ever... nice one dice.

P.S I don't approve of people that boost in any game.

Comments

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jarmet100 wrote: »
    I just ran into a boosting server for this "Destroy 100 Vehicles for the Gold Camo" challenge. They were all supports placing their mortar down and destroying them. It is the saddest thing ever... nice one dice.

This is hardly surprising. Boosting has always been a thing in FPS games. You should have played MW2 in its glory days; there'd always be some people hiding in some obscure area of the map, until the booster gets a nice little nuke. It was always fun to track those people down and ruin their day with a well placed RPG, just before they got that nuke ...

Still, I do understand why people would boost for challenges like this recent one, even though I'd never do it myself. I wonder if those people know that DICE will reset their unlocks if they catch wind of their efforts.
  • USAFguy22
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I mean, that’s pretty clever, I forgot mortars were considered vehicles.
  • USAFguy22
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Glad I don’t drive the ugly lunchbox to care about this skin.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Did you report the server? I would. I love going into no kill servers and seeing how many I can kill before they kick me.
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I 100% approve of the actions described in op.
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Let m boost who cares. Stupid challenges promote stupid gameplay, it a skin so what
  • I-Soldat-I
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I thought shotgunfest last weekend was bad until I was confronted with the latest piece of nonsense of destroying 100 vehicles over the weekend....Makes perfect sense to create a booster server for this junk
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    Let m boost who cares. Stupid challenges promote stupid gameplay, it a skin so what

So destroying vehicles that farm kills from clueless blueberries is stupid gameplay ?

People that run and hide from vehicles is stupid game play.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LOL you are gonna ask that people don't boost when these super rares have ridiculous drop rates and we are talking EA here. LOL get out.
  • USAFguy22
    This exactly
  • Siiiiimi
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This challenge is easy as it is. Boosting is dumb.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And why do you care in the first place? it's just a skin.
  • Sed1Tion
    341 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    "To report this server you will have to contact support and link them the server. Since servers are third party and not owned by EA, Its hard to get rid of these. You can make your server a boosting server but you aren't allowed to boost.... Get where i am going? I wouldn't say to ever join a server like this as DICE does reset people's stats who join and boost kills or points in these."

Never likely to happen but if you feel strongly enough.

• Sword-of-Cyric
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    So destroying vehicles that farm kills from clueless blueberries is stupid gameplay ?
    If you are told to do it 100x then yes.

• dj4047
    459 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its going to be a good laugh to see all the tanks next week with the skin applied. So much for "super rare"
  • beetroot888
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't tank so I'm not gonna bother. But kudos to you guys for sticking it to the man with this ridiculous mission.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder if we'll see any videos being put up of people going pulling a Randy Savage on all of these boosters; it'd be kind of entertaining to watch, especially on PC.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

People that run and hide from vehicles is stupid game play.

Depends. I wouldn't attack a tank if it looks at me. Their are times for attacks and times for retreats. When I'm behind a vehicle tho, than I can deal damage worth risking my life.
    Also when a medic or scout runs from a vehicle, that is actually not stupid gameplay, because they can't do much about that tank
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jarmet100 wrote: »

Set a stupid challenge, see stupid results.
  • vanowm
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    This also called stats padding or cheating.

On top of that, the private servers also BAN players for killing the "farmers" with no warning after first kill, how is this even acceptable? The admins say "read the server rules"....WHERE? lol