Hit Detection

Comments

  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played a round of Frontlines yesterday using quickmatch. Don't know where it placed me except my ping was steady at 179ms. Think I placed second overall in scoring using mostly medic ,but also ran a bit of support. Played agressively, capping flags , reviving, etc. Think I finished something like 26-23. Thing is the guy who finished first had a ping of over 200. His kd was 52-33 or something close to that. He played scout and assault class from what I could tell.
    I have no reason to make this up, don't really care who believes me or not. The fact of the matter is you can play with very high ping and do well and have good gameplay.

    And your point is? If a person outplays you, they should be punished? Again you are scolding someone for which you yourself said didn't have an advantage.....so basically what you are saying is if some has x ping or above they shouldn't kill me regardless if I played bad and got outgunned.
  • Michael_Seaman
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The #1 situation where I observe high ping (100ms+) has an obvious advantage on my screen is during flight. Once an opponent with higher ping flys into my airspace or visa versa, my plane instantly loses control. I feel like I’m flying in molasses, can’t make tight turns, my plane then takes massive damage or is completely destroyed from what appears on my screen as one quick burst of gun fire. I know this isn’t possible, so it has to be some damage bundling or something. Then of course when I get on their tail and lay into them with nothing but hit markers I do virtually no damage to them.

    However, I can use the same advantage by playing out of region myself. My plane then becomes invincible. Like I said though this seems to only be most noticeable during flight.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Played a round of Frontlines yesterday using quickmatch. Don't know where it placed me except my ping was steady at 179ms. Think I placed second overall in scoring using mostly medic ,but also ran a bit of support. Played agressively, capping flags , reviving, etc. Think I finished something like 26-23. Thing is the guy who finished first had a ping of over 200. His kd was 52-33 or something close to that. He played scout and assault class from what I could tell.
    I have no reason to make this up, don't really care who believes me or not. The fact of the matter is you can play with very high ping and do well and have good gameplay.

    And your point is? If a person outplays you, they should be punished? Again you are scolding someone for which you yourself said didn't have an advantage.....so basically what you are saying is if some has x ping or above they shouldn't kill me regardless if I played bad and got outgunned.

    Actually, what I think was he was saying is that with his high ping of 179 he's able to play without problems.
    Regarding the 1st place guy with 200+, it doesn't seem like he's complaining about being beaten by him, but that he too, had a very high ping and he too, did very well.
    Just my interpretation acourse.
  • HillbillyJohn
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Played a round of Frontlines yesterday using quickmatch. Don't know where it placed me except my ping was steady at 179ms. Think I placed second overall in scoring using mostly medic ,but also ran a bit of support. Played agressively, capping flags , reviving, etc. Think I finished something like 26-23. Thing is the guy who finished first had a ping of over 200. His kd was 52-33 or something close to that. He played scout and assault class from what I could tell.
    I have no reason to make this up, don't really care who believes me or not. The fact of the matter is you can play with very high ping and do well and have good gameplay.

    And your point is? If a person outplays you, they should be punished? Again you are scolding someone for which you yourself said didn't have an advantage.....so basically what you are saying is if some has x ping or above they shouldn't kill me regardless if I played bad and got outgunned.

    Actually, what I think was he was saying is that with his high ping of 179 he's able to play without problems.
    Regarding the 1st place guy with 200+, it doesn't seem like he's complaining about being beaten by him, but that he too, had a very high ping and he too, did very well.
    Just my interpretation acourse.

    You're right rock, I've gamed with misisipiRivrRat and will tell anyone that he is the first to say good game and give the other players credit when he loses. I feel what he was saying was taken out of context.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Played a round of Frontlines yesterday using quickmatch. Don't know where it placed me except my ping was steady at 179ms. Think I placed second overall in scoring using mostly medic ,but also ran a bit of support. Played agressively, capping flags , reviving, etc. Think I finished something like 26-23. Thing is the guy who finished first had a ping of over 200. His kd was 52-33 or something close to that. He played scout and assault class from what I could tell.
    I have no reason to make this up, don't really care who believes me or not. The fact of the matter is you can play with very high ping and do well and have good gameplay.

    And your point is? If a person outplays you, they should be punished? Again you are scolding someone for which you yourself said didn't have an advantage.....so basically what you are saying is if some has x ping or above they shouldn't kill me regardless if I played bad and got outgunned.

    No that isn't what I mean. All you ever say is playing with a high ping is a horrible experience . Try it , you won't like it, etc.
    But I have played with high ping numerous times and the game has played great. Yes , there are times it has played bad with and without high ping. Don't know what the answer is, maybe a bad server when gameplay is bad when you have a good connection , maybe too many oor players in the server?
    So my point is you can have a great game with high ping no matter your play style. If it was so bad why are there so many oor players in us servers? Must be cause they do so bad and have a horrible time playing.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Played a round of Frontlines yesterday using quickmatch. Don't know where it placed me except my ping was steady at 179ms. Think I placed second overall in scoring using mostly medic ,but also ran a bit of support. Played agressively, capping flags , reviving, etc. Think I finished something like 26-23. Thing is the guy who finished first had a ping of over 200. His kd was 52-33 or something close to that. He played scout and assault class from what I could tell.
    I have no reason to make this up, don't really care who believes me or not. The fact of the matter is you can play with very high ping and do well and have good gameplay.

    And your point is? If a person outplays you, they should be punished? Again you are scolding someone for which you yourself said didn't have an advantage.....so basically what you are saying is if some has x ping or above they shouldn't kill me regardless if I played bad and got outgunned.

    Actually, what I think was he was saying is that with his high ping of 179 he's able to play without problems.
    Regarding the 1st place guy with 200+, it doesn't seem like he's complaining about being beaten by him, but that he too, had a very high ping and he too, did very well.
    Just my interpretation acourse.

    You're right, that's all I'm saying. You can play with high ping and do well. That guy with the 200ms connection was on my team when he scored the 50+ kills. Two other times he was on the other team , top of the leaderboards.
    I'm not saying high pings shouldn't get the kills, but this nonsense that they are having a hard time is bs!
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Played a round of Frontlines yesterday using quickmatch. Don't know where it placed me except my ping was steady at 179ms. Think I placed second overall in scoring using mostly medic ,but also ran a bit of support. Played agressively, capping flags , reviving, etc. Think I finished something like 26-23. Thing is the guy who finished first had a ping of over 200. His kd was 52-33 or something close to that. He played scout and assault class from what I could tell.
    I have no reason to make this up, don't really care who believes me or not. The fact of the matter is you can play with very high ping and do well and have good gameplay.

    And your point is? If a person outplays you, they should be punished? Again you are scolding someone for which you yourself said didn't have an advantage.....so basically what you are saying is if some has x ping or above they shouldn't kill me regardless if I played bad and got outgunned.

    Actually, what I think was he was saying is that with his high ping of 179 he's able to play without problems.
    Regarding the 1st place guy with 200+, it doesn't seem like he's complaining about being beaten by him, but that he too, had a very high ping and he too, did very well.
    Just my interpretation acourse.

    You're right rock, I've gamed with misisipiRivrRat and will tell anyone that he is the first to say good game and give the other players credit when he loses. I feel what he was saying was taken out of context.

    Thanks man.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Played a round of Frontlines yesterday using quickmatch. Don't know where it placed me except my ping was steady at 179ms. Think I placed second overall in scoring using mostly medic ,but also ran a bit of support. Played agressively, capping flags , reviving, etc. Think I finished something like 26-23. Thing is the guy who finished first had a ping of over 200. His kd was 52-33 or something close to that. He played scout and assault class from what I could tell.
    I have no reason to make this up, don't really care who believes me or not. The fact of the matter is you can play with very high ping and do well and have good gameplay.

    And your point is? If a person outplays you, they should be punished? Again you are scolding someone for which you yourself said didn't have an advantage.....so basically what you are saying is if some has x ping or above they shouldn't kill me regardless if I played bad and got outgunned.

    No that isn't what I mean. All you ever say is playing with a high ping is a horrible experience . Try it , you won't like it, etc.
    But I have played with high ping numerous times and the game has played great. Yes , there are times it has played bad with and without high ping. Don't know what the answer is, maybe a bad server when gameplay is bad when you have a good connection , maybe too many oor players in the server?
    So my point is you can have a great game with high ping no matter your play style. If it was so bad why are there so many oor players in us servers? Must be cause they do so bad and have a horrible time playing.

    Sorry for misunderstanding. But my rebute to that is that how do you know their game style hasn't changed? I see plenty of people up at top but plenty at the bottom as well. Many don't have a choice but to play with high ping....and others may be in region and have network issues (like the middle east and Oceania issues). In the end people can play, and you can play with people. In my opinion that is a good thing since I can play with people almost around the world....something that majority of online games don't have.
  • juhmu
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Noob playing with high ping :Dhttps://1drv.ms/v/s!AmbY98GBPoaHoS6BdstXYk9V4ytU https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmbY98GBPoaHoSnF1F3XeoA6sJUs more will come but first i have to download those to my Onedrive.
  • CurvedTax769796
    146 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This weekend has been the most horrendous for game play. Hit detection is almost non existent, hit a guy repeatedly with a club watching and even hearing the thuds as it made contact. Kills not recognized, lanced a guy, don't know how far I rode the horse with him impaled on it because I could see him with the lance through him but no kill. Spawn everywhere and anywhere even spawning in the no combat zone (wtf). Killed by invisible people and blown up by anti tank mines that weren't there. I know this because after having being blown up by nothing I saw I started to walk out in front checking for mines before moving the tank up. Players icons changing from friendly to unfriendly and these are just a few of the examples from the weekend starting on Friday. With so many complaints, it's time DICE start accepting some of the responsibility for them
  • HillbillyJohn
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This weekend has been the most horrendous for game play. Hit detection is almost non existent, hit a guy repeatedly with a club watching and even hearing the thuds as it made contact. Kills not recognized, lanced a guy, don't know how far I rode the horse with him impaled on it because I could see him with the lance through him but no kill. Spawn everywhere and anywhere even spawning in the no combat zone (wtf). Killed by invisible people and blown up by anti tank mines that weren't there. I know this because after having being blown up by nothing I saw I started to walk out in front checking for mines before moving the tank up. Players icons changing from friendly to unfriendly and these are just a few of the examples from the weekend starting on Friday. With so many complaints, it's time DICE start accepting some of the responsibility for them

    Welcome to Battlefield.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This weekend has been the most horrendous for game play. Hit detection is almost non existent, hit a guy repeatedly with a club watching and even hearing the thuds as it made contact. Kills not recognized, lanced a guy, don't know how far I rode the horse with him impaled on it because I could see him with the lance through him but no kill. Spawn everywhere and anywhere even spawning in the no combat zone (wtf). Killed by invisible people and blown up by anti tank mines that weren't there. I know this because after having being blown up by nothing I saw I started to walk out in front checking for mines before moving the tank up. Players icons changing from friendly to unfriendly and these are just a few of the examples from the weekend starting on Friday. With so many complaints, it's time DICE start accepting some of the responsibility for them

    I haven't seen the icons changing from friendly to unfriendly but I've read about it. And at one point while defending a flag with a buddy yesterday he claimed while watching a person spawn in that the icon went from blue to red.
  • CurvedTax769796
    146 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    That's what happened to me today only it was 2 that spawned in on me
  • LeonReed123
    82 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This weekend has been the most horrendous for game play. Hit detection is almost non existent, hit a guy repeatedly with a club watching and even hearing the thuds as it made contact. Kills not recognized, lanced a guy, don't know how far I rode the horse with him impaled on it because I could see him with the lance through him but no kill. Spawn everywhere and anywhere even spawning in the no combat zone (wtf). Killed by invisible people and blown up by anti tank mines that weren't there. I know this because after having being blown up by nothing I saw I started to walk out in front checking for mines before moving the tank up. Players icons changing from friendly to unfriendly and these are just a few of the examples from the weekend starting on Friday. With so many complaints, it's time DICE start accepting some of the responsibility for them

    Hit after hit after hit after hit.... not registering its so obvious when using rifles. Can even see it with automatic / lmg the hit cursor disappears then reappears as its not registering. Also now its just one shot and I am dead majority of the time forget about sweet spot or weapon choice its pathetic the disadvantage I am at when I have the lowest latency. This product is not fit for purpose for a number of people who deserve refunds. Anyone noticed the weird sound shotgun is making when someone kills you with one?
  • LeonReed123
    82 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2017
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

    Sorry for misunderstanding. But my rebute to that is that how do you know their game style hasn't changed? I see plenty of people up at top but plenty at the bottom as well. Many don't have a choice but to play with high ping....and others may be in region and have network issues (like the middle east and Oceania issues). In the end people can play, and you can play with people. In my opinion that is a good thing since I can play with people almost around the world....something that majority of online games don't have.

    Yes and thats all fine and dandy but what about the negative impact it has having such a wide variation in latency figures? I am only saying that as I thought a couple of pages back that the conclusion was it would have a negative impact. Thats coming from the information given by a non biased knowledgeable poster or is that poster also incorrect. And maybe other games dont do it as they dont want to screw people over and then have their official forum absolutely riddled with genuine complaints.

  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    Here's some vid of me in a server, I don't know where but I had 179ms. Don't think it gave me any advantage, but it was smooth gameplay, no issues at all. I seemed to win every knife fight too.
    In the first clip you can hear as I activate bayonet charge but it just cuts off and I get the kill.
    In the next clip I'm prone and I don't understand how this dude has any angle on me, but ok.
    Next clip I have my knife out and it looks like I run right past the enemy, thats how it felt to me. But I still get the kill!
    In the next longer scene, again the enemy is past me yet I'm able to knife him. Then after I shoot at the guy on the horse they take off then come at me in that corner. I've looked numerous times in slo-mo and it looks like I only hit the horse one or two times but not the rider yet another kill for me. Advantage? What do you guys think?
    The next clip I'm thinking maybe this guy was just bad, but I do know it's rare I come out on the winning end in these situations. Plus it was even another melee kill in the match. And as I run into the room along that wall, notice he comes in and runs to where I was moments ago, is it possible he thinks he sees me there? Wish he was recording too so we could see his side.
    Then the last clip. Does it show a disadvantage for me? I clearly hit him but then the kill cam shows him at %100 health. Plus it usually takes 3 hits to kill when I use that weapon.
    Anyway thanks for any thoughts.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

    Sorry for misunderstanding. But my rebute to that is that how do you know their game style hasn't changed? I see plenty of people up at top but plenty at the bottom as well. Many don't have a choice but to play with high ping....and others may be in region and have network issues (like the middle east and Oceania issues). In the end people can play, and you can play with people. In my opinion that is a good thing since I can play with people almost around the world....something that majority of online games don't have.

    Yes and thats all fine and dandy but what about the negative impact it has having such a wide variation in latency figures? I am only saying that as I thought a couple of pages back that the conclusion was it would have a negative impact. Thats coming from the information given by a non biased knowledgeable poster or is that poster also incorrect. And maybe other games dont do it as they dont want to screw people over and then have their official forum absolutely riddled with genuine complaints.

    Large fluctuation in latency can happen to anyone. Having high ping or playing OOR does not imply one will have large fluctuations in latency. Depending on where you are, one may even have more stable ping playing in a different region due to the number of hops and overall traffic on the route.
  • LeonReed123
    82 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I am not talking about latency fluctuation. According to the previous posts in this thread having a difference of 3 or more ticks in latency can cause issues. So irrespective of fluctuation which can happen at any level of latency ( think I am right in saying it is worse for higher latency as the fluctuation figures are higher than with lower ) having a server with large gaps between latencies is going to have a detrimental effect on some players on that server in the respect that the game feels unfair to them. For an example with hit loading when you think you have been 1 shot but in fact the other player had seen you before you could of seen them. Again I am going from reading previous posts and probably not using the right terms but I believe it corresponds to what has been said and basically agreed on already in this thread.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am not talking about latency fluctuation. According to the previous posts in this thread having a difference of 3 or more ticks in latency can cause issues. So irrespective of fluctuation which can happen at any level of latency ( think I am right in saying it is worse for higher latency as the fluctuation figures are higher than with lower ) having a server with large gaps between latencies is going to have a detrimental effect on some players on that server in the respect that the game feels unfair to them. For an example with hit loading when you think you have been 1 shot but in fact the other player had seen you before you could of seen them. Again I am going from reading previous posts and probably not using the right terms but I believe it corresponds to what has been said and basically agreed on already in this thread.

    But that is why the the compensation was designed in favor for low latency. That and server side hit detection.

    This is why when playing with high lag or packet loss you will get hit around corners, experience ohks, and put bullets in someone and not have them register (cause the server said your me dead already). All of these are experiences against those with high ping.

    Again try playing with 200 ping yourself.
  • digga11
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am not talking about latency fluctuation. According to the previous posts in this thread having a difference of 3 or more ticks in latency can cause issues. So irrespective of fluctuation which can happen at any level of latency ( think I am right in saying it is worse for higher latency as the fluctuation figures are higher than with lower ) having a server with large gaps between latencies is going to have a detrimental effect on some players on that server in the respect that the game feels unfair to them. For an example with hit loading when you think you have been 1 shot but in fact the other player had seen you before you could of seen them. Again I am going from reading previous posts and probably not using the right terms but I believe it corresponds to what has been said and basically agreed on already in this thread. [/quote

    You my friend are wasting your time.
Sign In or Register to comment.