Question for server owners if you would be so kind.

HiredRanger
97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2017
I had 2 servers on BF4 and it only worked because of 2 things.
1 - Most important Kicking and banning hackers. This disuades hacking and also keeps people coming back to servers which ban scumbags. Now the latest DLC is launched it is back to epidemic proportions.
2 - Various things should just happen but dont in Battlefield. Auto kick beyond a ridiculous parameter of KD etc or Auto balancing and reducing the number of players to start. Did this happen or can you now use some plugins?

I have a fair bit of admin experience on various games and I was disappointed that, at least on the surface, the server rental programme seemed like a loot box style attempt to just squeeze more out of the players while reducing choice. Perhaps not so surprising now. So I couldnt use my favourite companies. But things may have moved on a lot and where I really didnt like the game, some new maps are more fun so I am luring old clan friends back occassionally, maybe more so if we had hacker unfriendly server to play on. Are the above possible? Otherwise I am basically just paying for EA infrastructure in my view.

Comments

• CrashCA
    983 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No, some extremely limited control, but NO !!!
  • -Antares65z
    1617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Aside from these issues, would be nice if Quick Match fed rented servers pre-round traffic too to help get the round going. DOH!
  • CaptainKuijt
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Aside from these issues, would be nice if Quick Match fed rented servers pre-round traffic too to help get the round going. DOH!

^ this. My server has been gathering dust for a week now :(
    Spent two hours flying around there yesterday, one guy joined, left, another joined, and left. DICE pls :<
  • ShevermiN
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just set server to 6 to start. Custom servers are appearing in the browser now so once your server has started it will fill.

The custom servers in Australia have been full now for 2 weeks straight.
  • CaptainKuijt
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    Just set server to 6 to start. Custom servers are appearing in the browser now so once your server has started it will fill.

The custom servers in Australia have been full now for 2 weeks straight.

I already did. The problem Im having is that one person joins, leaves after a while, another joins, rinse and repeat.
    If DICE allowed people to join custom servers by Quickmatch, things would of been a hell of a lot easier I reckon...
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The options you have are:

* Adding 20 VIPs (no aggresive join)
    * Ban up to 100 players (4 standard categories of banning being: latency, rule breaking, offensive behaviour and 'other') -> Note: Players who are banned see 'Unable to join server'
    * Kick players (4 standard categories of kicking being: latency, rule breaking, offensive behaviour and 'other')
    * Move players to a different team.
    * Add up to 20 moderators (these can kick/ban/move players)
    * Only the owner can change server settings (which is severely limited by default settings approved by EA)
    * Select a server region when setting the server up

So basically, remember all the things you could do in literally every previous BF title? Well forget all of that, that's it.
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2017
    I had 2 servers on BF4 and it only worked because of 2 things.
    1 - Most important Kicking and banning hackers. This disuades hacking and also keeps people coming back to servers which ban scumbags. Now the latest DLC is launched it is back to epidemic proportions.
    2 - Various things should just happen but dont in Battlefield. Auto kick beyond a ridiculous parameter of KD etc or Auto balancing and reducing the number of players to start. Did this happen or can you now use some plugins?

I have a fair bit of admin experience on various games and I was disappointed that, at least on the surface, the server rental programme seemed like a loot box style attempt to just squeeze more out of the players while reducing choice. Perhaps not so surprising now. So I couldnt use my favourite companies. But things may have moved on a lot and where I really didnt like the game, some new maps are more fun so I am luring old clan friends back occassionally, maybe more so if we had hacker unfriendly server to play on. Are the above possible? Otherwise I am basically just paying for EA infrastructure in my view.

Autobalancing? what do you mean by that? Is it something like this? : I fight for a flag i fight hard we succeed after several tries. I die and you would then use multibalancer to move me for unstack to losing team. For who is that an improvement? For your wallet? Because then you sell vip slots which also excempt someone from that awfull balancer. Moving players in the middle of the round should never ever come back.

Your beloved companys? Who at least once a week had a crash losing all players and then you and your crew could fill up the server again - bf1 a server never crashes, bf4 hardline had much more lag on 3rd party servers. And costs twice as much? No thank you. p.s. why was it twice as much? Not for the 3rd party open source free procon that didn't cost anything, anmd the procon ;ayer was around 2€/$.

You like procon? And every new dlc your files where to old to automatically handle the new sniper rifle in the dlc on your server with sniper limit? And stats on the server during that period with new weapons also gets broken.
  • ShevermiN
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Look I'm with NL73schietdammer here, stop looking back at procon with rose coloured glasses. Unless you were a hobby coder procon was a ****. And the extortion racket that was private servers still persists today. In Australia in BF4 250 slots of the 300 to 400 players a day are run by one clan. They want money monthly to exempt you from auto swap, auto kick for members. Go to there forums to ask why you have been kicked or banned and be greeted with some pretty nasty treatment none of which can be repeated in these forums. The old line, they pay for the server so they can make any rules they like runs a bit thin when they are profiting from someone else's IP and then robbing the consumer of the chance to play the game. No wonder EA gave 3rd party hosting the boot.

The RSP commands aren't perfect nor expansive enough I agree, but if you can't get a clan together and have custom matches and inter clan fights it's not because the tools aren't there it's because you're not a clan and just a bunch of disorganised tools...

If the current RSP was ported back to BF4 and Hardline you could possibly see an increase in the number of servers due to the decreased cost and increased user friendliness and the growing population of EA access base. These game could actuality see an increase in the player numbers over the next 5 years.
  • Axlerod1
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    LOL what drugs are you on?
    RSP is complete garbage. Yes procon was not perfect but it was hands down better than anything DICE has done with RSP.

There are just as many BF4 servers if not more than BF1 currently has. Best of all, it works. Yes it cost more money but hey, I do not mind paying extra for quality. That is why I gave up my server. 3 out of 4 server commands did not even work.

I pretty much gave up on the game. I have not even played the new DLC.
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd take procon/rcon over RSP simply because, it might've been tough to use, but at least it worked.