This Week in Battlefield V

Server Admin cannot switch players between teams.

124»

Comments

• JenTosM
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Minor update -
    Teams are still investigating and have confirmed at least one issue that is affecting kicking/moving via Admin panel.
    No details on fix yet, but I'll keep you posted with updates or new info as soon as I get them.

-Braddock512-

Well, it's encouraging that after a few weeks they confirmed the problem and still investigating.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I want to edit my server to keep just the vanilla maps but i cant do anything, its been a while since its been broken its about time that DICE do aomething about this.

I just set up a server yesterday and didn't have any problems with adding/removing maps etc. I wonder if certain issues are server specific.

You can edit server when its empty but when there people in it you cant
  • BillBailey0
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well at least they are looking into it and are now responding to our posts. Hopefully it'll be sorted by the time the next DLC drops. Just a quick note to the DEVS, it was all working after the last patch, then went Pete Tong towards the end of November.
  • Braddock512
    1289 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    edited December 2017

We're hoping that the upcoming update (December 11th) corrects the squirreliness (technical term) affecting the Admin controls.

Once the update drops on Monday, please check your servers and post HERE if it is WORKING or if it is NOT.

Thanks!
    -Braddock512-
  • BillBailey0
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    While they are at it, tell em to sort map vote out, we have just had the same two maps, same mode (TDM) come up 4 times in the so called random vote, on a mixed mode server.
  • sean_c_roberts
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think I found something of interest... When in the Admin panel that shows players, when a player is selected by mouse but then I hit an arrow key on my keyboard, the items Back, Move, Kick, and Ban show up along the lower-left corner of the screen - but they are not accessible.
    Using the arrow keys never gets the cursor to one of these buttons, and the moment you move the mouse off the selected player those buttons disappear. Maybe the inability to move players is a glitch\bug in a new or update Admin UI?

It is odd that clicking on kick or ban brings up the dialog where you put in the reason for the kick, but it doesn't actually kick the player.
    Ban works, so right now, to kick people, we have to ban them then remove their names from the BAN list - which, by the way, is not stored sequentially or alphabetically...so FINDING the name can be a challenge.
  • WITTY74
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We will, I presume be getting a refund or extended rental for this issue? No point in having our own server if we cant admin the bloody thing. These servers are overpriced compared to the amount we paid for BF4 etc. For the money, I expect them to work or be refunded for the time they have been malfunctioning.
  • CooolBreeze
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We're hoping that the upcoming update (December 11th) corrects the squirreliness (technical term) affecting the Admin controls.

Once the update drops on Monday, please check your servers and post HERE if it is WORKING or if it is NOT.

Thanks!
    -Braddock512-

Okay, no offense Braddock since I know that you are not a Dev, but should Devs and software engineers be "hoping" that they have fixed something that they developed. I am not an engineer but it seems worrisome that the folks who literally developed the game don't know how to fix something that they created. I would hope an engineer would have an empirical method to solve a problem, not leave it to chance or hope.

On a separate note I heard from a clan mate this morning that the RSP controls are indeed fixed. Does it strike you Braddock or anyone for that matter odd that the server controls working again coincide with the friends event ending? As a clan mate put it this morning, "things that make you go hmmm."
  • -Antares65z
    1646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Minor update -
    Teams are still investigating and have confirmed at least one issue that is affecting kicking/moving via Admin panel.
    No details on fix yet, but I'll keep you posted with updates or new info as soon as I get them.

-Braddock512-

Thanks for the update on where things are at.
  • Braddock512
    1289 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Okay, no offense Braddock since I know that you are not a Dev, but should Devs and software engineers be "hoping" that they have fixed something that they developed. I am not an engineer but it seems worrisome that the folks who literally developed the game don't know how to fix something that they created. I would hope an engineer would have an empirical method to solve a problem, not leave it to chance or hope.

No offense taken.
    And I am not dev, as you mentioned, so I can't speak to the development side of things that could have caused/resolved this. I do know, as mentioned in another post, they found a secondary issue they were working on that, coupled with the update, resolved the issue. I know they were troubleshooting the admin functionality issue on multiple accounts and platforms to identify the root cause.

-Braddock512-
  • sean_c_roberts
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    All the admin stuff seems to be working as of the patch\DLC 12\11\2017 - THANK YOU, Dice\EA :)
  • Jaskaman
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    Yes, I can confirm that admin panel is working again, thank you! Now we just need more RSP functions that are still missing... :)
  • CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Servers are still broken especially with clan tags not showing up, this is affecting alot of servers. And servers not showing the correct amount of players in the server browser.

@Braddock512
  • StrictlyBattle
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    RSP admin has been fixed and is working properly on the PS4. The server list is still showing all servers and does not separate servers even if you do a custom search. Thank you to everyone at DICE for continuing to improve BF1 RSP.. It's definitely getting better.
  • CrashCA
    1030 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After over a year, and still not what was promised. Agreed it currently works.
  • D4NY3LA
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Every time a round ends in the South American servers, kick all the players. This problem occurs in the servers rented and DICE servers
  • CrashCA
    1030 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Quality server providers ???
  • D4NY3LA
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In ps4 in all modes except in operations that happens. And only in South America. I dont know what's happening now but it's really frustrating
  • CrashCA
  • D4NY3LA
    Gracias for the tip! :smile: