Low fps with 2 1070s?

TIG_blane
420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited December 2017
I have a custom OriginPC laptop. It has 2 1070s overclocked, an i7, and 16G RAM. why are my frames not going above 20 in game? My laptop with a 960M is outperforming BF1 in every way.
DX12 is off. all the special effects are off. lowered graphics to medium with no effect from ultra. I have done every "fix" I have found. I even wiped my Geforce registry and uninstalled it. did a clean reinstall. nothing. It fixed the crashing in full screen (only tested once thus far), but the frame rate is below playable, normally sitting at 8-10. Anyone else know why this is? I've heard the SLI (don't know what that is) could be the problem.

Edit 1: PC Benchmark show that my i7-7700 is doing very poor. I have all of its cores unparked. I emailed OriginPC to see if they know what the issue is.

Comments

• enek0id
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only explanation would be that you are using the integrated graphics of the i7.
    As for the CPU performance, what is the temperature under full load? Make sure it's not overheating and thermal throttling.
  • freakingcrazy
    924 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2017
    2x1070 in sli uses more cpu,so I would bet the cpu is getting hammered

But what you mean by pc benchmark is poor?
    Bad score or?

also if you enabled it,dont use DX12 its running crap for most systems
    Post edited by freakingcrazy on
  • AESTViking2121
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    2x1070 in sli uses more cpu,so I would bet the is getting hammered

Bad score or?

SLI wont work with DX12 either so I'd avoid it.

My 2x 1070s work pretty well, at 1440p I hover around 120 150 so FPS with peaks to around 200, depends on whats going on. Though with 2x 1070's My CPU peaks up to 100%. The only game other than The Division have I ever seen a 5820k at 4.6ghz pushed so hard lol.
  • 0n3Gun3R
    414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2017
    2x1070 in sli uses more cpu,so I would bet the cpu is getting hammered

Bad score or?

Even my 5960x with 1080 SLI @164hz wasn't enough at times would be points my performance would drop to pretty much same as one GPU and DX12 is joke regardless so never was option to test.
  • OptimaForma
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    *sound of melting cpu in the background*

seriously dude, you probably fried it

gaming on a laptop? they could have sold you an apple! you are that dumb
  • Pennywise359
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you have Aorus\gigabyte motherboard try resetting CMOS. Their motherboards are garbage with unstable glitchy bios which causes poor GPU usage. Also sli does not work in dx12, just use dx11. Good luck.
  • AESTViking2121
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you have Aorus\gigabyte motherboard try resetting CMOS. Their motherboards are garbage with unstable glitchy bios which causes poor GPU usage. Also sli does not work in dx12, just use dx11. Good luck.

I had another system with a x99 Gigabyte board and SLI worked great on it, but the software did cause some weird input lag and frame drops, I mostly noticed it in Destiny 2, I haven't really tried another game on that board after finding that the Gigabytes crappy software was causing the lag.
  • D5RAT
    2010 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    Have u tried other games or benchmarks . Run firestrike , also run cpuid make sure your CPU is running at correct spec
  • Sechnaill
    992 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Disable one of the video cards and see how things go.
  • TIG_blane
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Yes dude, people game on laptops. I did for a whole deployment to kuwait, I need a laptop because I move around a lot. They could have sold me an apple? What is that even supposed to mean? A Mac or the fruit?
    I didn't fry it either. The power was not getting to my CPU thanks to damage from shipping. I'm sending it back for repair.
  • AESTViking2121
    TIG_blane wrote: »

Yes dude, people game on laptops. I did for a whole deployment to kuwait, I need a laptop because I move around a lot. They could have sold me an apple? What is that even supposed to mean? A Mac or the fruit?
    I didn't fry it either. The power was not getting to my CPU thanks to damage from shipping. I'm sending it back for repair.

Some people are too quick to judge, thats how today's society works.