Hit Detection

Comments

• CurvedTax769796
    146 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Seems to me that regardless of the cause everyone agrees that the game has issues and that some of the issues lie solely with the developers. They need to take care of their end and not worry about those who have issues as a result of poor internet. That is not the responsibility of the developers to correct, it's the players. The developers need to make the game play as intended and stop worrying about those whose poor connections affect their game play. In other words the developers take care of the servers and the players take care of their internet. Not being tech savvy, I paid someone , Geek squad, to come and make sure everything on my end was correct and running correctly and I upgraded my internet to a higher speed as well
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    lizzard wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    @RevOverDrive,
    Since the dev isn't answering questions anymore can you please put to rest a question for me as I would respect your answer.
    I don't know squat about how the game works except that it feels off of late.And when I check players connections there are usually 20 or more with high or fluctuating pings. Can that cause my gameplay to feel off? No advantages just maybe hard to gauge where high ping player may be etc. Thank you very much for any answer.

Yes!
    Elementary math clearly shows it as I've posted it numerous times. Mischkag confirmed this as well on pg 62 and various other pages. You just need to understand what he's talking about in order to interpret his response.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/739048/#Comment_739048
    My entire rebuttal on extrapolation in that exchange was to confirm abstraction layers, clamping, server auth on all shots, and get layman's output on various functionality. More for future readers than myself.

Latency Variance is the key. If all players on the server are within 1-2 frames of each other the gameplay is fine. Three to four can be just as good in most instances. Higher than that and we're at the @!$% show debut. Physics based mechanics -> BTT == Arbitration Offset.

If you have a server where all the players are sitting at 200-250ms Latency, low jitter, low loss, then there shouldn't be an issue. This is because all the players are stable and their latencies aren't wildly varying. The timing of everything ticks around the same notch.

If you mix that up say 50% under 60ms with varying stability and latencies and 50% over 100ms with varying stability and latencies it gets chaotic.

When you get an update from the server each player's info in it has to be adjusted positionally based on their variance and your own. The more wildly variant the latency gets, the more work both the client and the server have to do.

Higher variance == higher probability in errors occurring when extrapolating and/or interpolating positions.

100ms ping clamp on a server will result in overwhelmingly better game play. Broad reduction in wtf moments and other oddities. That's a simple fact.

That have been said by me and several other console players on this forum, since bf4.
    And The only thing we have been met with, is trolling by the same two guys over and over again..

Now I bet, that even after you have put info in an extremely easy to understand way about it.
    And even corrected their idea of how the server handles missing info.

They will simply continue to troll everyone..

Its even more amazing then the battlefield netcode :smiley:

No it's cause you actually don't listen. Everyone acknowledged that ping variation is bad....everyone.

I mean you didn't really even read his post...

You don't seem to get is high ping =/= bad connection or high variation. But go on form your own misconceptions in your head.

Can you please stop with the trolling!

We have been arguing about this for several years!

First. You said that no connection issue affected the servers..
    Me and several others claimed that high ping and fluctuating ping and packet loss, did affect the gameplay negatively for other players.

Then we showed the evidence straight up your throat, and the netcode engineer showed the evidence up your throat!

And still here you are.. Only arguing to troll.. Its so sad.. You're such a sad personality..

Again read this!!!

I've been saying.
    Low ping can have packet loss!
    Low ping can have high jitter!
    Low ping VS low ping have issues in almost all games!

We cant see packet loss in the scoreboard!

What we can see.. And what we see on a regular basis. Is wildly fluctuating ping!
    And the majority of highpingers have a relatively highly fluctuating ping!
    This is what we can see!

Remember how you trolled about ping in scoreboard? Ooooohhhhh man did you go on about that like a mad man.. And see where we are now!

Actually that's not what you been saying. You always just accused anyone that killed you and had triple digit ping. Then you post a vid where you clearly miss and get salty when someone calls you out.

Now you're trying to change your narrative just to try to show you were "right". But hey many more new games out there.... you can always play something else if it's that bad.

No no no... It's you that gets salty when trying to discredit people's videos.
    And when your disproven, you start to either troll even more. Or you simply go silent..

Remember the invisible player?
    You tried to discredit me and others so hard..
    I actually had to make a special "idiot proof" video. And point out every litle thing!
    Then you whent completely silent..

I remember lots of times you have outright attacked people on those forums.. Just because you have some sick issue with them or the topic..

No actually i said my peace on it and so did others. Didn't want to beat a dead horse, espically when the clips contradict what you state. Just like how I explained all the wtf incidents in your vid, you know the one where you clipped like 10 seconds to make it look like something happened.....yeah you just got all salty.

Either way I am not going to go tit for tat with you. You want to believe what you want and pretend that you were saying the same message over and over, and that's your choice. But stop calling me names...just because I don't agree with you and you don't like it doesn't give you the right to call me names.

Like I said you don't like the game play something that's better.
  • GyposEyelash
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Are all the the low ping players that are suffering from lag
    I’m from the UK and have connection issues with BF1 since the release of the turning tides dlc. I have BT Infinity and typically connect to EU servers with a ping of 19-21. I use a wired connection and have ports forwarded. I’ve tried resetting the router, clear the cache and MAC address in the console and doing a full reset. 90% of games are unplayable. The hit detection is awful, it’s as though my game is serveral seconds behind others. I’ve tried US E servers with ping of 81 with occasional improvement but generally not playable either. Hope this issue is temporary as I don’t think I can do anything more to improve my connection.

I'm on BT infinity and I have had problems with this game since release until I turned off the enhanced uPnP or whatever it's called in the home hub. Now it plays like a dream.
  • UrinDenialP
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    so udp packet loss still shows at zero....who TF do ea think they are kidding lol?

• lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @RevOverDrive,
    Since the dev isn't answering questions anymore can you please put to rest a question for me as I would respect your answer.
    I don't know squat about how the game works except that it feels off of late.And when I check players connections there are usually 20 or more with high or fluctuating pings. Can that cause my gameplay to feel off? No advantages just maybe hard to gauge where high ping player may be etc. Thank you very much for any answer.

Yes!
    Elementary math clearly shows it as I've posted it numerous times. Mischkag confirmed this as well on pg 62 and various other pages. You just need to understand what he's talking about in order to interpret his response.

My entire rebuttal on extrapolation in that exchange was to confirm abstraction layers, clamping, server auth on all shots, and get layman's output on various functionality. More for future readers than myself.

Latency Variance is the key. If all players on the server are within 1-2 frames of each other the gameplay is fine. Three to four can be just as good in most instances. Higher than that and we're at the @!$% show debut. Physics based mechanics -> BTT == Arbitration Offset.

If you have a server where all the players are sitting at 200-250ms Latency, low jitter, low loss, then there shouldn't be an issue. This is because all the players are stable and their latencies aren't wildly varying. The timing of everything ticks around the same notch.

If you mix that up say 50% under 60ms with varying stability and latencies and 50% over 100ms with varying stability and latencies it gets chaotic.

When you get an update from the server each player's info in it has to be adjusted positionally based on their variance and your own. The more wildly variant the latency gets, the more work both the client and the server have to do.

Higher variance == higher probability in errors occurring when extrapolating and/or interpolating positions.

100ms ping clamp on a server will result in overwhelmingly better game play. Broad reduction in wtf moments and other oddities. That's a simple fact.

That have been said by me and several other console players on this forum, since bf4.
    And The only thing we have been met with, is trolling by the same two guys over and over again..

Now I bet, that even after you have put info in an extremely easy to understand way about it.

No it's cause you actually don't listen. Everyone acknowledged that ping variation is bad....everyone.

You don't seem to get is high ping =/= bad connection or high variation. But go on form your own misconceptions in your head.

Me and several others claimed that high ping and fluctuating ping and packet loss, did affect the gameplay negatively for other players.

Then we showed the evidence straight up your throat, and the netcode engineer showed the evidence up your throat!

And still here you are.. Only arguing to troll.. Its so sad.. You're such a sad personality..

Again read this!!!

I've been saying.

What we can see.. And what we see on a regular basis. Is wildly fluctuating ping!
    This is what we can see!

Remember how you trolled about ping in scoreboard? Ooooohhhhh man did you go on about that like a mad man.. And see where we are now!

Actually that's not what you been saying. You always just accused anyone that killed you and had triple digit ping. Then you post a vid where you clearly miss and get salty when someone calls you out.

Now you're trying to change your narrative just to try to show you were "right". But hey many more new games out there.... you can always play something else if it's that bad.

And when your disproven, you start to either troll even more. Or you simply go silent..

I actually had to make a special "idiot proof" video. And point out every litle thing!

I remember lots of times you have outright attacked people on those forums.. Just because you have some sick issue with them or the topic..

No actually i said my peace on it and so did others. Didn't want to beat a dead horse, espically when the clips contradict what you state. Just like how I explained all the wtf incidents in your vid, you know the one where you clipped like 10 seconds to make it look like something happened.....yeah you just got all salty.

Either way I am not going to go tit for tat with you. You want to believe what you want and pretend that you were saying the same message over and over, and that's your choice. But stop calling me names...just because I don't agree with you and you don't like it doesn't give you the right to call me names.

You know what actually happened. Thats what matters!

Nope 5-10 guys including a developer said you where wrong! It tock a special version of the video to disprove you, and only you. A video with big red arrows all over the screen.
    Freeze frame's with all the info marked.
    That's how incredibly eager you are at trolling..

Yes Ofcorse I made a video, and cutt out 1 second. And posted that to the developer!

Or it may have been like it actually was..
    I got killed in a strange way! Pressed the share button, and saved the video.
    Klipped those saved videos of strange kills together, and shared them!

We al see that sharing videos of issues, is completely wasted when you're around.

There have been several videos lately in this thread, clearly showing what everyone except you know and accept as reality!

Still your trying to say that those videos show something completely different!

Its amazing... You're amazing.. In a highly strange and sickening way..
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    @RevOverDrive,

Yes!

Again read this!!!

I've been saying.

This is what we can see!

You know what actually happened. Thats what matters!

Nope 5-10 guys including a developer said you where wrong! It tock a special version of the video to disprove you, and only you. A video with big red arrows all over the screen.
    Freeze frame's with all the info marked.
    That's how incredibly eager you are at trolling..

Yes Ofcorse I made a video, and cutt out 1 second. And posted that to the developer!

Or it may have been like it actually was..
    I got killed in a strange way! Pressed the share button, and saved the video.
    Klipped those saved videos of strange kills together, and shared them!

We al see that sharing videos of issues, is completely wasted when you're around.

There have been several videos lately in this thread, clearly showing what everyone except you know and accept as reality!

Still your trying to say that those videos show something completely different!

Its amazing... You're amazing.. In a highly strange and sickening way..

Ok there if you say so....im not going to argue with the irrational. Like I said if believing your own reality helps you cope then so be it...its your opinion and a total twisted distortion of what has been stated.

But then again not surprising since you get so defensive when people disagree with your vids.
  • XboxRanger
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm on BT infinity and I have had problems with this game since release until I turned off the enhanced uPnP or whatever it's called in the home hub. Now it plays like a dream.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the tip. I’m definitely going to try turning UPNP off next time I play!
  • LeonReed123
    82 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is past a joke now it really is. Constant what seems like one shot kills all the time regardless of weapon. The game is currently broken and the advantage being given to some players is game breaking. Moderators can you please escalate this problem? Please look through the forum how many complaints does it take to get a response really. If its staying as is then Dice need to issue a statement and start talking how to claim refunds, at this rate expect a large decline in online players.
  • digga11
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Have you booted your router thru the window, done a little mad dance and counted the hops and last but not least tighten your belt so you don’t get buffer bloat over the festive period.
  • LeonReed123
    Hahaha am all good now...playing OOR with warning icons on...silly of me not to realize that was the problem.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The dev ( one and only person here who can actually do something) hasnt been here for months. So showing vids to a fellow customer or forummember here will just continue the neverending story.

Fact is this game runs poorly. 1000 vids later it still does. So why bother. The only good patch, the spring one, is long gone so this is it. Case closed.
    ^^^^^
    A truer closing argument has never been spoken here.
  • CurvedTax769796
    Destiny 2 is on sale for half price
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Destiny 2 is on sale for half price

Yup. I'm snappin it up on payday at that price. I got CoD WWII for 40 a couple weeks ago cuz 40 is still a good deal.
  • CurvedTax769796
    Most definitely
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hahaha am all good now...playing OOR with warning icons on...silly of me not to realize that was the problem.

That usually solve the frustration.
    Especially after a game or two, when all the hate mail starts to arrive from all in region players.
  • LeonReed123
    I currently spend more time in menus or loading games than actually playing. Its crazy how many players are bailing TDM games midway through now even if their side is wining. Theres also a distinct difference in how games play depending on the map, I only play the vanilla but if I venture on to others its crazy. The whole game feels messed up is there really sweetspots anymore or is it just luck of the rng and the autimatico is the new shotgun for distance.
  • digga11
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I currently spend more time in menus or loading games than actually playing. Its crazy how many players are bailing TDM games midway through now even if their side is wining. Theres also a distinct difference in how games play depending on the map, I only play the vanilla but if I venture on to others its crazy. The whole game feels messed up is there really sweetspots anymore or is it just luck of the rng and the autimatico is the new shotgun for distance.

I play tdm a lot buddy and agree with what you’re saying totally. And the sad thing is it’s probably the most stable mode.
  • CurvedTax769796
    edited December 2017
    Been a few days since I played so this morning I see the new map is up and decide to give a go. Starts out pretty good for the first couple rounds and I'm thinking maybe they finally got it right but then it happens, back to the same old crap. Literally standing over a guy laying prone, his head dead center in the cross hairs, 5 rounds from the 8.35 marksman and absolutely nothing. Throw an incendiary grenade at another guy, watch the grenade hit him, land at his feet and explode for you guessed it, nothing. Crouching behind a rock large that even had I been standing there is no way I could've been exposed yet next thing you know I'm dead with one shot and where does the icon show for the person who shot me, dead center in the middle of the rock. But to top everything off, not once, not twice, but 3 times consecutively my spawn was redirected to a landing craft right in front of an opposing player who was playing support. People can say the servers or our connections and other like things are the problem but I'm calling BS. The problem is the game. Needless to say we did win the rounds
  • TamKingski
    1790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    While i do get the odd wth moments now and again gameplay generally feels very snappy and hit registration works as it should more times than it fails.
    The game feels really gd for me,im in the uk playing on EU servers with a 200mb virgin media connection with a ping of around 30.

Because of the inconsist reports from players experiences im willing to bet that most of the problems people are having are to do with thier internet provider and or home/router setup,if it truly was the game at fault we would all have the same bad experience or constant unplayable problems,it certainly Wouldn't be contained to just a percentage of users.

I get why people would be angry if the game runs bad for them but Bf1 runs very well for me,why is that if its all the games fault and is supposedly broken,shouldnt it be broken for everyone if that was the true?