Best SLR top 5

Comments

• vcm0x
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    i've been using the AL8.35 MM all day and i'm in LOVE with it!

i thought it's a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ gun because how in the world are you supposed to kill anyone with just five bullets??? i need minimum 10 bullets to work with a gun. then i was playing today and i died and somehow picked this weapon up and went 45-3 that round and i've been using it all day today. i just couldn't believe how good it is!

i don't think i'll unlock or use any other medic gun because i'm 100% positive sure nothing in the medic weapons beats it within 1m to 50m.
  • woll3
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    vcm0x wrote: »
    because i'm 100% positive sure nothing in the medic weapons beats it within 1m to 50m.

.25 is equal up to 17 meters, and RSC is just 34ms behind.

• ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    woll3 wrote: »
    because i'm 100% positive sure nothing in the medic weapons beats it within 1m to 50m.

The RSC is a great weapon but due to it´s low RoF the TTK changes to much for consitence in CQB or against equal skilled players. Thats one of the strengts with the Fedorov for example, 1-2 missed shots is not punishing.

i thought it's a **** gun because how in the world are you supposed to kill anyone with just five bullets??? i need minimum 10 bullets to work with a gun. then i was playing today and i died and somehow picked this weapon up and went 45-3 that round and i've been using it all day today. i just couldn't believe how good it is!

i don't think i'll unlock or use any other medic gun because i'm 100% positive sure nothing in the medic weapons beats it within 1m to 50m.

That makes me so happy, hope u really stick to it. It will even get better :)
    How did the other rounds go? Are u used to play as Medic?

• AduaneroKill
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    woll3 wrote: »

The RSC is a great weapon but due to it´s low RoF the TTK changes to much for consitence in CQB or against equal skilled players. Thats one of the strengts with the Fedorov for example, 1-2 missed shots is not punishing.

i thought it's a **** gun because how in the world are you supposed to kill anyone with just five bullets??? i need minimum 10 bullets to work with a gun. then i was playing today and i died and somehow picked this weapon up and went 45-3 that round and i've been using it all day today. i just couldn't believe how good it is!

That makes me so happy, hope u really stick to it. It will even get better :)
    How did the other rounds go? Are u used to play as Medic?

Yesterday did 2 stars with A. 8.35 MM, great weapon .
  • xBigOrangeHeadx
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2017
    For me the AL8.35 Marksman is first by a mile and everything else is a distant second. Everything else kills so slowly by comparison. I unlocked the Farquhar Hill and it felt like shooting 20 marshmallows. AL8.35 all day, every day.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For me the AL8.35 Marksman is first by a mile and everything else is a distant second. Everything else kills so slowly by comparison. I unlocked the Farquhar Hill and it felt like shooting 20 marshmallows. AL8.35 all day, every day.
    OMG, where are all those .35 users in the game? Makes me so glad to see all the appruciation in this thread for it. Keep it that way guys!
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OMG, where are all those .35 users in the game? Makes me so glad to see all the appruciation in this thread for it. Keep it that way guys!

U should get a sponsordeal with Remington for advocating that thing all over the forums... :smile:
  • ProLegion_exor
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »

U should get a sponsordeal with Remington for advocating that thing all over the forums... :smile:

Maybe I've already got one? :wink:
    Just want to increase the low usage, it's a niché but worth more.
  • OaksMokeBacon
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    simple

1-5 - Selbstlader 1906 Factory

it looks the business, sounds the business and you actually feel like you do some damage. It's also hard to play with so you get a great sense of satisfaction when you tear up a server!
  • Granathar
    249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2017
    Granathar wrote: »
    . My personal best SLR because it fits my berserker-style gameplay. I run into multiple enemies one after another so often that having less than 10 bullets is completely unacceptable in any way..

Thats only bad situational awerness and positioning

I play only Conquest and Operations. Both modes are 64 players. AL8 .35 forces you to camp. Kill one guy, run away, repeat unless you encounter 2 guys. Then you die and wait for revive or respawn. You do this over and over again in infinite loop of bad game dynamics. This weapon is not the best SLR by far.

It's absolutly not the best for everyone. For most players the easier to use SLR's suits them better. U don't have to camp at all with the .35, you can manage a decent KPM. But thats not what we discuss.

Run in headless, maybe kill one guy, die, respawn and repeat is not that effective either.. wich are the playstyle u prefer.

Actually it's more like "run in from flank, sometimes kill one guy sometimes kill five of them". I just think that hit'n'run tactics actually works better if you have more ammo than to kill one guy. I rather prefer to sacrifice raw TTK for possibility of killing more than one guy efficiently. AL 8 .25 is best SLR at CQC but it's damage drop is so brutal that most of the times it's not work the risk.

Rather excel at something relevant then nothing. What will the 20 rounds in your F-H do when you get dropped by the first guy using any other SLR then the 1916 for example? My KPM on the F-H and Fedorov is much higher then the .35 for example. Does it make them better? No..

Nope, you won't be dropped by the first guy. There are other factors in game like accuracy and reaction time. Most of the times I'm better at both of them than 90% of medics I encounter. That means average medic won't be able to kill me even if he had optimal CQC SLR which is AL 8 .35. The time he will waste on reacting + aiming is enough to make our chances at least equal. Then he may panic shoot his 5 bullets and hit only 2 times - that's very, VERY frequent case. I sometimes panic shoot too, but I actually would hit with these bullets if there were no RNG in spread and horizontal recoil - extra ammo saves lives then. I very rarely lose CQC against other medics when I have Fedorov or even FH which is not really optimal for CQC. When you encounter this one very good player with AL 8 .35 that has equal accuracy and reaction time - well, I will probably lose this one. But it generally speaking never happens IRL.

This one above is the case of direct CQC encounter. Are these situations often? At least in CQ and OP - not really. 90% of cases you shoot unaware people. Does TTK dominance matter then? No, it doesn't. And these 5 bullet hinder your combat power TREMENDOUSLY.

I used AL 8 .35 Marksman yesterday for half of my playtime, just to be 100% sure that this gun is not actually this good as people say it is. I have 2.3 KPM with it and 45% accuracy, so I think I'm pretty OK with this weapon. My KDR was good too, I was like 45 / 15 most of the times. But was this good KDR merit of AL 8 .35 MM? Nah, it wasn't at all. It was actually stopping me from being like 60/15 (probably even with less deaths, because lack of ammo probably killed me quite a few times).

I had at least 4-5 situations per match where thanks to superior situational awarness and "clever" playstyle (I flank like mad whenever I can) I had 3-6 guys on silver plate because they were turned back to me and completely occupied with my teammates. And what can I do with AL 8 .35? I killed one of them and had to run away to reload. And this reload takes FOREVER. After I dropped one guy they started to look around and my chance was busted. I killed maybe one guy more because of TTK advantage and had to run away because there were still like 2 guys left and I was completely helpless against them. Most of the times they started to pursue me and killed me in the process anyway. Also after 40 m this weapon becomes 4 BTK with 5 bullets in mag which is completely laughtable, I wasted my chance lots of times when enemy was at like 45 m and I just didn't have that one extra bullet to finish him off.

What would I do with Federov or FH in exact same situation? I would kill them all before they even notice that someone is shooting them in the back, few bursts from Feddie and they are all gone. I would also never be short of that one extra bullet I need to finish the guy at distance of +1 BTK. And even if I were - both FH and Feddie have equal or even faster reload time than AL 8 (FH is a little slower probably, but it reloads 4x more bullets).

So I actually think the opposite to everyone - AL 8 .35 is NOT optimal weapon for skilled players. It's not, because skilled player has:

1. Superior reaction time
    2. Superior accuracy
    3. Superior situational awarness
    4. Superior map acquaintance, so he knows how and when to flank

Two first points negate TTK advantage in every case that is not encountering at least equally skilled player with AL 8 .35. Which is like... never, at least in CQ and OP. 2% from 64 is 1.28 - so if you are within like top 2% players - you are probably the only one in this match, and even if there are more, they may be as well on your team. Point 3 and 4 actually makes you shoot unaware opponents that will not react fast enough to repel you - unless you run out of ammo and they will have the time to look around while you reload.

Raw TTK is NOT everything because it can be compensated with many things and people are obsessed with it, which actually proves that most of them are not as good as they claim - because they completely ignore other factors. They just repeat like mantra that AL 8 Marksman is best, because few best players on the planet including you are saying so. I'm sure that it fits "kill 1 and run" playstyle of some of these people, just like it fits yours, but I'm more convinced that most of these people are actually hoping to at least drop this ONE guy before they bite the dirt and they like to have TTK advantage to have higher chances for that. And being 1/1 KDR without reviving is not actually good. AL 8 .35 is best gun not for highly skilled players with 4 feats listed above - but for people that are laying on the ground so often that they don't really reload their weapon, and they want to have better chance to kill at least one guy before they get killed.

I'm convinced that you have all of these 4 feats and if you weren't already in symbiotic relation with AL 8 .35 and you weren't playing mostly Domination, then with FH or Fedorov Optical your combat ability would be at least 3x higher than it is now. Because you don't really need superior TTK. I checked your stats, your accuracy is around 40% on console which is incredibly high (I have 24% overall acc on PC, yet I play every class). With more ammo in mag you could melt not only 1-2 guys but 4-5 of them within 2-3 seconds. AL 8 .35 short mag is actually stopping you from commiting mass homicide rather than helping. If you play only with other skilled guys and every one of them has AL 8 .35 then it's another story and losing TTK advantage may be crucial, especially in low populated Domination matches where you are less likely to encounter several enemies at the same time.

I actually even have proof that you would be more deadly with Feddie than with AL 8. Go to your own profile and check your KPM with AL 8 MM and then scroll down to Fedorov Trench (which is actually WORSE variant to be honest, Optical is perfectly viable at CQC while Trench is crappy at midrange) to check it's KDR. And then scroll down even further to FH Storm and check it's KPM too. Even your own stats are proving my point. Having more ammo > raw TTK if you are skilled player with good aim and reaction.
  • azelenkin0306
    565 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Honestly I am OK with the fact that this gun is not popular. Because when people realize its full potential in skilled hands, i guess i will spend even more time on the spawn screen. So, let's keep it where it is now :)
  • azelenkin0306
    565 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    . My personal best SLR because it fits my berserker-style gameplay. I run into multiple enemies one after another so often that having less than 10 bullets is completely unacceptable in any way..

I play only Conquest and Operations. Both modes are 64 players. AL8 .35 forces you to camp. Kill one guy, run away, repeat unless you encounter 2 guys. Then you die and wait for revive or respawn. You do this over and over again in infinite loop of bad game dynamics. This weapon is not the best SLR by far.

It's absolutly not the best for everyone. For most players the easier to use SLR's suits them better. U don't have to camp at all with the .35, you can manage a decent KPM. But thats not what we discuss.

Run in headless, maybe kill one guy, die, respawn and repeat is not that effective either.. wich are the playstyle u prefer.

Actually it's more like "run in from flank, sometimes kill one guy sometimes kill five of them". I just think that hit'n'run tactics actually works better if you have more ammo than to kill one guy. I rather prefer to sacrifice raw TTK for possibility of killing more than one guy efficiently. AL 8 .25 is best SLR at CQC but it's damage drop is so brutal that most of the times it's not work the risk.

Rather excel at something relevant then nothing. What will the 20 rounds in your F-H do when you get dropped by the first guy using any other SLR then the 1916 for example? My KPM on the F-H and Fedorov is much higher then the .35 for example. Does it make them better? No..

Nope, you won't be dropped by the first guy. There are other factors in game like accuracy and reaction time. Most of the times I'm better at both of them than 90% of medics I encounter. That means average medic won't be able to kill me even if he had optimal CQC SLR which is AL 8 .35. The time he will waste on reacting + aiming is enough to make our chances at least equal. Then he may panic shoot his 5 bullets and hit only 2 times - that's very, VERY frequent case. I sometimes panic shoot too, but I actually would hit with these bullets if there were no RNG in spread and horizontal recoil - extra ammo saves lives then. I very rarely lose CQC against other medics when I have Fedorov or even FH which is not really optimal for CQC. When you encounter this one very good player with AL 8 .35 that has equal accuracy and reaction time - well, I will probably lose this one. But it generally speaking never happens IRL.

This one above is the case of direct CQC encounter. Are these situations often? At least in CQ and OP - not really. 90% of cases you shoot unaware people. Does TTK dominance matter then? No, it doesn't. And these 5 bullet hinder your combat power TREMENDOUSLY.

I used AL 8 .35 Marksman yesterday for half of my playtime, just to be 100% sure that this gun is not actually this good as people say it is. I have 2.3 KPM with it and 45% accuracy, so I think I'm pretty OK with this weapon. My KDR was good too, I was like 45 / 15 most of the times. But was this good KDR merit of AL 8 .35 MM? Nah, it wasn't at all. It was actually stopping me from being like 60/15 (probably even with less deaths, because lack of ammo probably killed me quite a few times).

I had at least 4-5 situations per match where thanks to superior situational awarness and "clever" playstyle (I flank like mad whenever I can) I had 3-6 guys on silver plate because they were turned back to me and completely occupied with my teammates. And what can I do with AL 8 .35? I killed one of them and had to run away to reload. And this reload takes FOREVER. After I dropped one guy they started to look around and my chance was busted. I killed maybe one guy more because of TTK advantage and had to run away because there were still like 2 guys left and I was completely helpless against them. Most of the times they started to pursue me and killed me in the process anyway. Also after 40 m this weapon becomes 4 BTK with 5 bullets in mag which is completely laughtable, I wasted my chance lots of times when enemy was at like 45 m and I just didn't have that one extra bullet to finish him off.

What would I do with Federov or FH in exact same situation? I would kill them all before they even notice that someone is shooting them in the back, few bursts from Feddie and they are all gone. I would also never be short of that one extra bullet I need to finish the guy at distance of +1 BTK. And even if I were - both FH and Feddie have equal or even faster reload time than AL 8 (FH is a little slower probably, but it reloads 4x more bullets).

So I actually think the opposite to everyone - AL 8 .35 is NOT optimal weapon for skilled players. It's not, because skilled player has:

2. Superior accuracy

Two first points negate TTK advantage in every case that is not encountering at least equally skilled player with AL 8 .35. Which is like... never, at least in CQ and OP. 2% from 64 is 1.28 - so if you are within like top 2% players - you are probably the only one in this match, and even if there are more, they may be as well on your team. Point 3 and 4 actually makes you shoot unaware opponents that will not react fast enough to repel you - unless you run out of ammo and they will have the time to look around while you reload.

Raw TTK is NOT everything because it can be compensated with many things and people are obsessed with it, which actually proves that most of them are not as good as they claim - because they completely ignore other factors. They just repeat like mantra that AL 8 Marksman is best, because few best players on the planet including you are saying so. I'm sure that it fits "kill 1 and run" playstyle of some of these people, just like it fits yours, but I'm more convinced that most of these people are actually hoping to at least drop this ONE guy before they bite the dirt and they like to have TTK advantage to have higher chances for that. And being 1/1 KDR without reviving is not actually good. AL 8 .35 is best gun not for highly skilled players with 4 feats listed above - but for people that are laying on the ground so often that they don't really reload their weapon, and they want to have better chance to kill at least one guy before they get killed.

I'm convinced that you have all of these 4 feats and if you weren't already in symbiotic relation with AL 8 .35 and you weren't playing mostly Domination, then with FH or Fedorov Optical your combat ability would be at least 3x higher than it is now. Because you don't really need superior TTK. I checked your stats, your accuracy is around 40% on console which is incredibly high (I have 24% overall acc on PC, yet I play every class). With more ammo in mag you could melt not only 1-2 guys but 4-5 of them within 2-3 seconds. AL 8 .35 short mag is actually stopping you from commiting mass homicide rather than helping. If you play only with other skilled guys and every one of them has AL 8 .35 then it's another story and losing TTK advantage may be crucial, especially in low populated Domination matches where you are less likely to encounter several enemies at the same time.

I actually even have proof that you would be more deadly with Feddie than with AL 8. Go to your own profile and check your KPM with AL 8 MM and then scroll down to Fedorov Trench (which is actually WORSE variant to be honest, Optical is perfectly viable at CQC while Trench is crappy at midrange) to check it's KDR. And then scroll down even further to FH Storm and check it's KPM too. Even your own stats are proving my point. Having more ammo > raw TTK if you are skilled player with good aim and reaction.

Hi, just one question. If you like running and killing a lot of people, why don't you play Assault or Support? They have far more superior weapons to do this :)
  • Granathar

Honestly I am OK with the fact that this gun is not popular. Because when people realize its full potential in skilled hands, i guess i will spend even more time on the spawn screen. So, let's keep it where it is now :)

If every average player used it - then maybe. But I still think it would rather result in negative KDR for them when they run out of ammo over and over again and are catched by enemy while reloading. Skilled players are actually far more dangerous with something else, I explained this above. This gun being so good is actually a myth created by fact that people still somehow believe lower TTK = better weapon. Unfortunately Hellriegel is generally speaking better than Automatico and everyone suddenly fails to connect the dots why the hell Hellriegel is better while it has higher TTK? Logic just fails there.
  • Granathar

2. Superior accuracy

Hi, just one question. If you like running and killing a lot of people, why don't you play Assault or Support? They have far more superior weapons to do this :)

Selfheal. I'm better Assault as Medic than as Assault-Assault. As Assault I will get hit by one stray bullet and I have to wait forever until my hp regenerates. As Medic I just drop HP pouch and go further without waiting. You know, I play with random people and believing that they will heal me is very naive. Also Assault has very limited midrange effectiveness. He is better at 0-15 m range, but after that it becomes pain in the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ because of super heavy RNG factor that SMG possess. Meanwhile any SLR can be tapfired accurately, even Fedorov is pretty effective up to like 50 m. It kills slowly, but it actually kills while f.e. Automatico makes it just impossible (there is Ribeyrolles, but it's even worse in CQC than Fedorov and only slighly better than FH). And best all-rounder for any distance right now is FH. You sacrifice a little bit of CQC ability, but you can even countersnipe effectively - there is no range for enemy at which he may feel safe.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If every average player used it - then maybe. But I still think it would rather result in negative KDR for them when they run out of ammo over and over again and are catched by enemy while reloading.

Perhaps the designation 'average' covers this already, but one shouldn't run low ammo capacity guns if they are not proficient with sidearms. Auto Revolver or the Obrez work well in the personal defense space (as well as CQC offense), so instead of reloading they should be prepared to welcome any intrusion to their cover after expanding primary ammo. Of course these decisions as to when to reload or not depend on sufficient situation awareness, and experience does not hurt either. For me reloading does not mean so much a death as perhaps a loss of a potential kill, which I guess is your main point.

• FF_smart27
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    Thank you all for the answers, seems Autoloading 8 Marksman win by far.

It does by performance, the problem is most people can´t use it properly and therefor chose another option.

Agreed. It may work for elite players but for average players like myself 5 bullets just ain't enough.
    Here's my top 3
    Federov is the most versatile. Great in close to mid range and manageable in mid to longish range.
    Autoloading Extended for pure CQB
    Mondragon Storm for mid to long range
  • Granathar
    smart2705 wrote: »

It does by performance, the problem is most people can´t use it properly and therefor chose another option.

Agreed. It may work for elite players but for average players like myself 5 bullets just ain't enough.
    Here's my top 3
    Autoloading Extended for CQB
    Federov for versatility

http://symthic.com/bf1-compare?Farquhar-Hill_Storm_vs_Mondragon_Storm

FH is stat-wise better at overall versality, it's just more accurate. Mondragon is better at range in terms of BTK, yet I'm not sure if better recoil characteristics doesn't make up for this. Autoloading Extended is best only in knife-range CQC, usable maybe on Fort Vaux inside bunkers. All the other cases are better suited for Fedorov.
  • FF_smart27
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    smart2705 wrote: »

Here's my top 3
    Autoloading Extended for CQB
    Federov for versatility

http://symthic.com/bf1-compare?Farquhar-Hill_Storm_vs_Mondragon_Storm

FH is stat-wise better at overall versality, it's just more accurate. Mondragon is better at range in terms of BTK, yet I'm not sure if better recoil characteristics doesn't make up for this. Autoloading Extended is best only in knife-range CQC, usable maybe on Fort Vaux inside bunkers. All the other cases are better suited for Fedorov.

I think at their most relevant range, and considering spread increase per shot, BTK is more important. Other than that we agree.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nr1. AL8 .35 marksman.

Nr2-5 (any order) federov trench,AL8 .25 ext, 1907 SL sweeper, federov opt.
  • disposalist
    8956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2017
    Oo, it's been a while since I shamelessly plugged my own vids. They are informational and educational rather than entertaining...

I always say when these threads come up: There are no "best" weapons. DICE has done a good job of providing variants to match all situations and playstyles. Which is 'best' depends on the situation and playstyle. My vids might help you choose as they describe the underlying mechanics and the strengths and weaknesses of the individual weapons.

This was pre-ITNOTT, so to quickly cover new weapons: -
    Federov Avtomat is more like an assault rifle than an SLR! Better rate-of-fire at the expense of Bullets-To-Kill and accuracy.
    Farquar-Hill is like a faster version of the Selby 1917.