Impossible to play without seeing a cheat

Comments

• TyroneLoyd
    1628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Skeater44 wrote: »
    @Micas99 so now you are basically accusing people in this thread for cheating. Well ain't that the christmas spirit. I've actually played with and watched quite a few of them and have nothing but respect for them. I'm probably not on your list since I don't think I've complained about the hackusations I get from time to time, but feel free to check up anytime.
    Other than that, your paranoia is doing you a disservice by keeping you from playing, now and in the future. Had you stick it out, you would have come to enjoy a basically clean gaming environment after the late fall purge. Not that I had trouble enjoying it before, I guess I'm just not that sensitive (speaking of EU).

So you've been to whoever's house and watched them play right? Thus is the only way you could ever rule out someone as a cheater. And you have done that right?

I wouldn't mind if I wasn't "deployed". But good point. You'll never be able to rule it out plus lan cheats do exist also.
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @Micas99 so now you are basically accusing people in this thread for cheating. Well ain't that the christmas spirit. I've actually played with and watched quite a few of them and have nothing but respect for them. I'm probably not on your list since I don't think I've complained about the hackusations I get from time to time, but feel free to check up anytime.
    Other than that, your paranoia is doing you a disservice by keeping you from playing, now and in the future. Had you stick it out, you would have come to enjoy a basically clean gaming environment after the late fall purge. Not that I had trouble enjoying it before, I guess I'm just not that sensitive (speaking of EU).

He quit cause he’s so far up his own bottom that he can’t bare that there are people actually better than him, I really cannot wait to see that name online so I can stomp the living Jebus out of it. Then he will come here and cry about all the hackers when in reality there are people out there better than him.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2066 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »

So you've been to whoever's house and watched them play right? Thus is the only way you could ever rule out someone as a cheater. And you have done that right?

I wouldn't mind if I wasn't "deployed". But good point. You'll never be able to rule it out plus lan cheats do exist also.

Outside of laboratory settings you can not know for sure. But that was not the point I was trying to make. Innuendo based purely on statistics carries very little weight aside from rage cheaters and low playtime accounts with clear discrepancies/discontinuities in behavior and performance. Playing with and against people allows exposure to both things seen and unseen; play style, approach patterns to engagements and situations, as well as markedly human flaws and imperfections not visible in curated game clips and overall statistics. If one actually suspects people active on this forum/thread, the burden of proof is on them. Thinly veiled naming and shaming does not speak well of their own character, even if the underlying intention was sincere.
    Those with nothing to hide will most likely be open to befriending and squadding up, at least on a temporary basis. As already stated, it will not provide certainty of anything, but perhaps it will give some peace of mind and great gaming experiences. I would be sorry to see this forum delve into the toxicity that is the in-game chat with some recurring individuals that seem to derive no pleasure from their time investment.
  • LostMyGolfBall
    1041 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Would be fun to see who is still getting all these hackusations if they managed to close out subscription/private cheats too! That'll be the day ay! BF1 is still a great game when you can find a reasonably balanced match.

I've no doubt there are good players out there but there are plenty of snakes using private cheats too who think they are untouchable on here and in game. Hopefully they get bagged by surprise one day..

Cheat reporting was much more user friendly in the past. Someone had a valid point before they got eaten.

St1ng.
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Nothing would change, the salt would still be there and they can’t possibly blame themselves for a poor performance
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

He actually meant “ he plays so clumsy, he can’t be cheating” :D
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    enek0id wrote: »
    "Skeater44 wrote:
    and you think their are more hackusations then real cheaters.

That's for sure :smile:

Got any proof?

Guess that’s the main problem.
    We can count the hackusations, but can’t count the cheaters..

And until we can count both we cant say one way or another so with that in mind you cannot downplay one in favor of the other. so either is possible, one could be cheating or being hackusated, but a hackusation will not ruin a game like a cheater can. And instead of fighting between us all about this, if you are a clean player and insist everyone else should be as well, we should be pushing EA/Dice to implement their new in house AC they were supposedly working on for all servers.

A cheat doesn’t have to ruin the game either.
    As long as the low skilled players cheat to become mediocre they still can’t make their team win.
    Not saying it’s OK, also those freaks should be banned from every EA game, but they didn’t ruin the match.
    And obviously those cheats are the ones most present now since a rage hack is very rare at this moment ( they are for me atleast).

but i know what you mean and i agree overall cheats ruin games period.

This goes by personal experience. The cheat may not have ruined your game, but may have ruined others. Cheaters can make a game intolerable for some, but a hackusation does not kill your character in the game, it does not sway the balance of a game in favor of the team that has the cheater, a hackusation is just words. All I want is a acknowledgement that a hackusation is just words, and can in no way change a game like a cheater can. when this garbage is out of the way, maybe then we can move on to dealing with the real cheaters instead of bickering about whether there are any or not or if a hackusation or a cheater is the problem. Until a decent AC comes out we will not know how many cheaters are actually just good players or vice versus. And that is what we should be pushing, with stronger punishments.

First of all i agree with you on every word.
    Hackusations cannot arm gameplay neither a player.
    Cheaters on the other hands do ruin gameplay for everyone.
    But on the other hand hackusations ( not during gameplay) in forums or other social media Can harm a company like DICE.
    Therefor i think every accusation needs to be legit.
    People just can’t come in here and claim that every dodgy experience is a cheat.
    I am well aware there are more cheaters then i see, but how can i blame EA/DICE for poor AC if i can’t be sure of the numbers?

Had to ignore a lot of the "woe is me for being hackusated over and over when the plebs should be worshiping my insane skills" to get to the really good part. So what the vast majority of us that post in this thread are trying to do really IS harm Dice. If there is no incentive for EA/Dice to implement effective AC, then BF on PC is dead. As gamers, we really have no other option then to try make the issue cost EA/Dice so much money that it becomes financially important that they address it. What else can we do? Nothing. All we can do is stop playing BF1 (I'm 9 months since last playing it now), and I didn't buy Battle Front, and I'm not going to buy Bad Company 3 (that'll be really hard to do since I love BC), and it's my hope that continuing to keep this topic front and center on the 'official' forum so others that share my point of view on this do the same.

More specifically, I think everyone agrees it's impossible to know what percentage of players are cheating. It is an irrelevant statistic regardless. We all know that the game shipped in a state where free public hacks were prevalent. Now it seems that the hacks are probably more private, subscription based. That means that Dice did something, which is good. Did this thread have something to do with that, along with articles from big gaming sites? Maybe. Hope so. Additionally, I think everyone agrees that making a MP game 100% hack free isn't easy - maybe it will happen in steps, that's okay. Software engineers (of which I am one) can be extremely clever and you never know when someone might actually figure out how to make it impossible to cheat beyond controller mods. If we, as a community, stop pushing this topic, then there's no incentive for EA to pay those engineers to get a solution.

And while the important thing is that the AC actually work, there's a bit of schadenfreude that would come if the hacks suddenly ended. I'd absolutely love checking stats from those that were whinging about hackusations after cheating becomes impossible. That would be so much fun. One can dream.

You had to ignore the "woe is me for being hackusated over and over when the plebs should be worshiping my insane skills"from me?
    Thats kinda weird i gave you this impression since i repeadtly have mentioned i am far from a good player.
    It's that what makes it weird i get hackusated... when i get hackusated i can only imagine how many times good players get it.

Your 2nd point, i also don't care if DICE/EA gets bad reviews or critism as long as the critic is valid and not based on some idiots bad gameplay because he is oblivous to his surroundings.
    If someone claims there are servers full of cheaters because people shooting through houses or got killed around the corner he could be adressing this to some lag or buggy killcam.
    There are quite some folks in this thread that take the cheating more serious like @Th3St1ng @D5RAT or yourself.
    neither do i take the guys serious who clame the game is clean of cheaters.

i have mentioned this before and it still stands, i am willing to pay an extra $50 for the bf 2018 game if its garanteed cheat free.
    my stats would only get better if that day will ever come...i wonder by how much tho.

• IllIllIII
    and my post is gone for the 2nd time.....

@StarscreamUK @LOLGotYerTags help please?
  • Skeater44
    162 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The possibility of a cheat is always there as long as there is an AC that has been proven to not do its job very well. You can squad up, team up, whatever as much as you want, but until you actually set behind someone and watch them play in person, you will not know if they are a cheater or not, this includes youtubers. Every experience is different, it could be a cheat or it may not be, but us in this thread cannot tell one way or another because we were not playing and we could not see the suspicious individuals screen as they played. So downplaying the situation is like saying yes I was there, and I watched them play, but also promoting that it was a cheat without seeing the same person in real life play is ignoring game play issues, net code, bugs, etc. To me it's that simple. You were their or you wasn't.
  • Revokah
    That’s where lan events win :P used to love LAN events back in the 2142/bf2 days always found it funny how the standard of player dropped by 20%...
  • lucidstorm
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2017
    the real problem of gaming in 2017 (2018) are not cheaters, but hackers, they hack people like no tomorrow through Discord, such programs open a breach in your system. U might say its nothing until this happens to you, and gamers are easy targets, I might think they hide some code and try to sell cheats with it, because why not, it's very good idea. Why I am saying this.. gamers have crazy good computers in comparison to office ones or the ones of a normal person, that's good horsepower for attack or mining
  • StarscreamUK
    7439 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    and my post is gone for the 2nd time.....

@StarscreamUK @LOLGotYerTags help please?

The pyramid quotes won't help.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Revokah wrote: »
    That’s where lan events win :P used to love LAN events back in the 2142/bf2 days always found it funny how the standard of player dropped by 20%...

The good old days :) ...... and a very noticable difference in the player base in comparison to today.
  • Revokah

The good old days :) ...... and a very noticable difference in the player base in comparison to today.

Certainly was man, bf should never of gone to console
  • woll3
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Certainly was man, bf should never of gone to console

Nothing wrong with it, however they should at least be balanced separately, or even better, be like BF2 and BF2:MC

• Revokah
    It’s not that I have an issue with anything about it other than it just obliterating the pc player base
  • frankbama
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Speaking of pc player base, are there any good clans left? Do they still have a restriction on how many cheaters they can ban from the servers they rent?
  • Revokah
    Your so negative bro xD, there are loads of clans knocking around, depends where your based really around Europe your probably looking at SF and UP who host their own servers and have active admins. As for any other region I have no idea.
  • Jus80687
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    D5RAT wrote: »
    Jus80687 wrote: »
    You have low level snipers with aimbots in nearly every campaign. It seems Dice gave up or basically doesn't care.

AGAIN You see low level cheats more now because they are using throw away accounts (trial , black market,stolen) and free cheats , Fairfight will detect them eventually and ban them or suspend them
    You prove my point! All this issues are well knows. And what is DICE doint? Absolutely nothing.
  • IllIllIII
    D5RAT wrote: »
    You have low level snipers with aimbots in nearly every campaign. It seems Dice gave up or basically doesn't care.

AGAIN You see low level cheats more now because they are using throw away accounts (trial , black market,stolen) and free cheats , Fairfight will detect them eventually and ban them or suspend them
    You prove my point! All this issues are well knows. And what is DICE doint? Absolutely nothing.
    Abd you should do something about your reading abilities, because it was also mentioned by the same guy that they are doing something....
    Lets just see if it is enough.

Time will tell.
This discussion has been closed.