How to improve accuracy?

gls2220
220 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I'm just throwing this out there. Accuracy, for me, seems to be a real problem. It's the one thing that I can point to and realize that if I had even average accuracy percentage, that my overall performance (KD, skill, etc.) would climb noticeably.

The frustrating part is that it's not bad all the time. I'll have matches where the battle report shows better than 30% accuracy, but then I'll have others where I come in at sub-10%. And sometimes those matches where I show very low accuracy end up being relatively strong in terms of overall performance.

I will say that I do think I've improved quite a bit recently. If you look at my stats, my overall numbers are quite poor, but that has more to do with a ridiculous tendency to spam fire, which I don't do nearly as much anymore. But even so, the numbers aren't entirely wrong either. For the L85A2, for instance, my aggregate accuracy is 9.55%. But if I could parse out my last 30 or so matches with that weapon, I'm sure it would be more like 12-13%, which still isn't good. I don't know what average accuracy is, but I've looked at enough stat pages that I want to say somewhere between 15-18% is probably right.

Comments

• TacticulBacon
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Aim better
  • SaberRed6
    310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Biggest factor for most people is making sure you're using the appropriate mouse sensitivity for you. A lot of people think their high DPI mouse is better at like 4000 dpi when most pros use like 800. Hell, I used to think that. Go to the practice range or an empty server and practice moving around really fast and quickly aquiring different targets (center the screen then ads) if you find you're over shooting targets during quick aquisition turn your sensitivity down. Personally I found a pretty decent improvement when I went from 1800 DPI to 1200. Then of course there's making sure you're using the universal BF4 meta, microbursting.
  • prezioso3
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    for more accuracy?.....get skil noob :D:D:#
  • gls2220
    SaberRed6 wrote: »
    Biggest factor for most people is making sure you're using the appropriate mouse sensitivity for you. A lot of people think their high DPI mouse is better at like 4000 dpi when most pros use like 800. Hell, I used to think that. Go to the practice range or an empty server and practice moving around really fast and quickly aquiring different targets (center the screen then ads) if you find you're over shooting targets during quick aquisition turn your sensitivity down. Personally I found a pretty decent improvement when I went from 1800 DPI to 1200. Then of course there's making sure you're using the universal BF4 meta, microbursting.

I'm on PS4, but your point is well taken. I've reduced my sensitivity recently, and I do think it's helping.
  • SaberRed6
    310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Lol oops, forgot about consoles for a second there :smiley: most of it still applies. Also, if it's on consoles, you can adjust individual sights sensitivities. I have my close/mid range optics set at 85% of hip fire sens, so you can still move the camera fast for quick reactions but when you ADS it slows down a little for better accuracy
  • gunhurler
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    gls2220 wrote: »
    I'm just throwing this out there. Accuracy, for me, seems to be a real problem. It's the one thing that I can point to and realize that if I had even average accuracy percentage, that my overall performance (KD, skill, etc.) would climb noticeably.

The frustrating part is that it's not bad all the time. I'll have matches where the battle report shows better than 30% accuracy, but then I'll have others where I come in at sub-10%. And sometimes those matches where I show very low accuracy end up being relatively strong in terms of overall performance.

I will say that I do think I've improved quite a bit recently. If you look at my stats, my overall numbers are quite poor, but that has more to do with a ridiculous tendency to spam fire, which I don't do nearly as much anymore. But even so, the numbers aren't entirely wrong either. For the L85A2, for instance, my aggregate accuracy is 9.55%. But if I could parse out my last 30 or so matches with that weapon, I'm sure it would be more like 12-13%, which still isn't good. I don't know what average accuracy is, but I've looked at enough stat pages that I want to say somewhere between 15-18% is probably right.

try this for better aim: start using the hipfire crosshair as reference but only the top and bottom lines. equip the kobra sight make it larger. turn your hip fire reticule and kobra sight the same color.......when you ADS your brain is tricked into thinking your cross hairs shrink onto your target . the transition from hipfire to ads is almost unnoticed because your crosshairs just turn into your kobra sight. and when both are the same color you are always ADS. with a giant kobra sight that you shrink by ADS. try running the scar h a few matches to warm up and then switch weapons. after wrestling scar h recoil. other weapons just seem easier to manage and more accurate. or use an lmg you will get flusterd by the lack of accuracy and when you switch to an assualt rifle it will seem like a laser beam in comparison.
  • gls2220
    gunhurler wrote: »

try this for better aim: start using the hipfire crosshair as reference but only the top and bottom lines. equip the kobra sight make it larger. turn your hip fire reticule and kobra sight the same color.......when you ADS your brain is tricked into thinking your cross hairs shrink onto your target . the transition from hipfire to ads is almost unnoticed because your crosshairs just turn into your kobra sight. and when both are the same color you are always ADS. with a giant kobra sight that you shrink by ADS. try running the scar h a few matches to warm up and then switch weapons. after wrestling scar h recoil. other weapons just seem easier to manage and more accurate. or use an lmg you will get flusterd by the lack of accuracy and when you switch to an assualt rifle it will seem like a laser beam in comparison.

I'll give this a try. I hadn't thought about aligning the color of the reticle with the kobra sight.
  • FF_smart27
    1982 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Started with a very poor accuracy myself. Tweaking the sensitivity and visual settings like reticle colour and size helped me a lot. I guess muscle memory played a big role in improving, too. Finding a weapon that fits and sticking with it. Trying to keep the reticle centeted. And most of all picking my fights.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4742 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

I'm on PS4, but your point is well taken. I've reduced my sensitivity recently, and I do think it's helping.

If you havent already, turn off auto rotation.
  • Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    @prezioso3 please avoid spamming videos that are not related to the thread's topic. Thanks.
  • FF_smart27
    1982 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yes sure but only if you want to have the disadvantage towards 99% of the players.
  • Kirk40k
    2363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yes sure but only if you want to have the disadvantage towards 99% of the players.

It only works for ARs, Carbines, and Pistols. If you're using anything else you have to actually aim yourself.
  • Turban_Legend80
    edited October 2016

So why have I been doing much better since I turned it off?
    My accuracy has gone up. My k/d has gone up. My kpm has gone up.

There is no disadvantage, unless you are really really really bad at aiming.
  • Kirk40k
    2363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016

Aim Assist.... the dirty console secret no one wants to talk about.

Your aim most likely went up because you were forced to actually aim and got used to it.
  • sohiieee
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Set the hitmarker to a different color for kills. Helps in not wasting ammo. Shoot standing still and not moving around, even better when crouched. Shoot in 5 round bursts instead of full auto. That's about it I think.
  • SaberRed6
    edited October 2016
    EinNiKo wrote: »
    Set the hitmarker to a different color for kills. Helps in not wasting ammo. Shoot standing still and not moving around, even better when crouched. Shoot in 5 round bursts instead of full auto. That's about it I think.

Also this^. If you're running and/or strafing take short pauses to shoot. Run run strafe, stop, shoot, strafe, strafe, stop, shoot.
  • FF_smart27

Maybe you're a genius or something.
    But seriously, there is a reason why aim assist is in the game.
  • Turban_Legend80

Maybe you're a genius or something.

Probably this
  • DICEfixREG2k13
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i know this topic is old af, but maybe somebody will read this someday.
    i started playing with 2300 dpi and 10% in game. my accuracy was around 12-15% (infantry only).
    after about one year, i switched to 1500dpi, 10% in game. my accuracy got up to 15-18% (inf only.)
    about ten days ago i setted up 800dpi with 7% in game. gotta get used to it but god damn, my accuracy is now around 22 and 29%. i did a round and went 54-7 or something with 29% accuracy, with ace23.
    the lower your dpi's are, the highest your accuracy is.
  • tempo_rarity
    1249 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it still a 'necro' if the topic is current and the responses highly informative?
    Either way , I know I just learned a whole bunch .
    My own horrible 'Initial Aim' is my biggest downfall .
    The stuff here could kill that .