Elitism in the battlefield community

joshualee585900
89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Im been noticing people say " battlefield 3 was much better than bf1" people calling anyone who likes bf1 casual even youtubers like LVLCAP saying bf1 casual nothing like bf4 and stuff like "all cod players moved to battlefield" battlefiled more casual. I thought to my self people say bf2 was the most skill in the series ( what people say) i played bf2 on hub that game was AWFUL grenade spam op jets etc is it just people have rose tinted glasses in the community or something plz explain

Comments

• joshualee585900
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That i was saying in bf4 to defend bf1
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    gitgud :trollface:
  • GuN_sLiNgErXD15
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

There are things that were better in bf4 than bf1 just because some people point it out sometimes doesn’t make it elitist.

Simultaneously who cares what anyone else thinks? Bf1 is clearly a great game that many still enjoy, don’t sweat the small stuff.

• joshualee585900
    Its just this people have sway like youtubers etc dice might just listen to them because there vocal or something and change the game
  • DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its just this people have sway like youtubers etc dice might just listen to them because there vocal or something and change the game

That already happens Ammo 2.0 or Aura specialization are good examples.
    We end up with poor play or stupid work arounds that don't fix anything.

Classic example is the stupid comments on video about Ripple specialization being not battlefield as a nearby player could be spotted for doing nothing wrong because of a lucky headshot. Now it has been nerfed to which YT are happier and sudden players are finding that current format useless.

It is not Eliteism it is Trumpism using ill informed players and keeping them that way to support their ill informed comments.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2018
    *removed - master race comments are not welcome*
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Im been noticing people say " battlefield 3 was much better than bf1" people calling anyone who likes bf1 casual even youtubers like LVLCAP saying bf1 casual nothing like bf4 and stuff like "all cod players moved to battlefield" battlefiled more casual. I thought to my self people say bf2 was the most skill in the series ( what people say) i played bf2 on hub that game was AWFUL grenade spam op jets etc is it just people have rose tinted glasses in the community or something plz explain

LOL. Jets r meant to be paper planes then.
    And don't forget bf1 had the worst grenade spams in BF franchise.
    Post edited by xenome111 on
  • xenome111
    edited January 2018

Ha nice joke. Don't u think 1 year is a little bit late for a dev team to introduce new ideas.
  • xenome111
    edited January 2018
    I came in here heiling and left disappointed this thread wasn't about the PC masterrace...

Pc is still master race... Nice baiting bro. :wink:
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    xenome111 wrote: »
    I came in here heiling and left disappointed this thread wasn't about the PC masterrace...

Consoleros man gotta be careful in the wild forumfield west.
  • xenome111

Consoleros man gotta be careful in the wild forumfield west.

Ha!!!!!
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

And don't forget bf1 had the worst grenade spams in BF franchise.

Metro.

• ThePunisher_be
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Don't forget: jets were not easy to fly back then and even required a joystick for maximum effect. M+K pilots were dead if they encountered a joystick player. Furthermore, a good jet fighter was a real asset on the battlefield to kill armour.

BF2 had its flaws, like the nade spam. However, if people say BF2 was the best, we look at the total package: huge, vehicle (heavy) maps and more tactical gunplay (most guns had to be fired single shot to be effective, with LMG you had to lay down, ... ). Actually, BF2 was more of an ARMA-light, but that does not cater to most shooter fans.

• woll3
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Actually, BF2 was more of an ARMA-light, but that does not cater to most shooter fans.

Eh, sure.

• ThePunisher_be
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    woll3 wrote: »
    Actually, BF2 was more of an ARMA-light, but that does not cater to most shooter fans.

Eh, sure.

To which part of my comment are you referring?

I believe that if a game like BF2 came out today, many would not like it: slower paced, more vehicle focused because of the magnitude of the maps, even more specific gun roles than in BF1 and more inaccurate gunfire (LMG were simply unusable if not laying down because of the recoil and bullet spread; same goes for other classes: I mostly changed to single shot, because full auto was useless outside of CQC).

• woll3
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    To which part of my comment are you referring?

The part i singled out.
    I believe that if a game like BF2 came out today, many would not like it: slower paced,

In regards to that please see the later part of my post.
    more vehicle focused because of the magnitude of the maps,

So something like e.g. OP Firestorm wasnt Vehicle focused?
    even more specific gun roles than in BF1 and more inaccurate gunfire (LMG were simply unusable if not laying down because of the recoil and bullet spread; same goes for other classes: I mostly changed to single shot, because full auto was useless outside of CQC).

Not really considering that everything had the same spread mechanics, recoil wasnt higher than it is now, and the spread being big to an unrealistic degree was actually hurting the game more than it did good, which funnily enough is also an argument that is brought up about BF1 due to its FSM mechanics on MG's and SMG's.

robmcewen wrote: »
    @woll3 that video, I never played the old BF games on PC was that what it was like, I think I saw someone not use a rocket launcher or a tank to get a kill but not meny.

Well, it was from a Pro Series Match so people use everything to their fullest, and more importantly it shows that BF2 was anything but slow paced or the FPS equivalent of a "simcade"(which would be something like Insurgency, Verdun or RO2), as especially shown by the last firefight starting at 11:37, people jumping around(and you could jump really high in that game while retaining air control), going prone and standing up constantly, etc., and prior to patch 1.4 or 1.5 Jumpshots were possible as well, meaning that you could headshot people while jumping from roofs. :D

And while ironically it is a bit elitist, i think some peoples perception about BF2 being slow is due to playing mostly with "gated communities", if everyone else you play with takes it nice and slow, ofc the gameplay will be slower paced.