Elitism in the battlefield community

Comments

• Foot_Elite_Tomei
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @joshualee585900
    Battlefield 2 is liked by some because:
    Class system
    Commander system
    In-game communications
    Classic preset
    Scale of battle

First three things what are missed most.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    xenome111 wrote: »
    Im been noticing people say " battlefield 3 was much better than bf1" people calling anyone who likes bf1 casual even youtubers like LVLCAP saying bf1 casual nothing like bf4 and stuff like "all cod players moved to battlefield" battlefiled more casual. I thought to my self people say bf2 was the most skill in the series ( what people say) i played bf2 on hub that game was AWFUL grenade spam op jets etc is it just people have rose tinted glasses in the community or something plz explain

And don't forget bf1 had the worst grenade spams in BF franchise.

Metro.

Lol yeah I was just about to scream out wut? Grenade spam wise bf4 takes the cake with the m320 and the xm25, explosive wise bfbc2 win with its insane grenades and let's not forget the m2 carl gustav with the explosive perk.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Statmongers.
  • RomioiStrategos
    402 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know why anyone bothers listening to levelcap. He is such a snob and he has been negative about the game from the start.
  • Fruxen
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im been noticing people say " battlefield 3 was much better than bf1" people calling anyone who likes bf1 casual even youtubers like LVLCAP saying bf1 casual nothing like bf4 and stuff like "all cod players moved to battlefield" battlefiled more casual. I thought to my self people say bf2 was the most skill in the series ( what people say) i played bf2 on hub that game was AWFUL grenade spam op jets etc is it just people have rose tinted glasses in the community or something plz explain

With this simple formula you can autofill half the forum posts of any game in the last 20 years of PC gaming.

<insert previous version of any game> was more fun, it took more skill and teamplay!
    <insert current version of any game> is less fun, it's dumbed down and full of casuals!
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    Unless you get paid to play a game then I'm afraid in my eyes your a casual gamer, yes people take games a bit to series serious than others but unless playing games puts food on your table your a casual gamer.

The reason LVLCAP goes on about BF1 being casual is so he can get the click bait views, it's a lot easier to make a whining video than one with some substance. Plus remember the live reveal of BF1 when Simon from NEEB'S Gaming kept killing him and matimiO, you can't edit out had game play at a live event.

As for elitism in BATTLEFIELD it's most defiantly here, but you will find it in pretty much every game just try not to be one of em and rise above it.

@woll3 that video, I never played the old BF games on PC was that what it was like, I think I saw someone not use a rocket launcher or a tank to get a kill but not meny.

I have seen that happen to Xfaptor a couple of times as well. Someone in the CTE was kicking his head in(had him down like 0-6 at one point iirc) and he was just screaming hacker, "reported" him, it was hilarious.
  • Aeshettr
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just mention that you enjoy playing small map modes and watch the BF elites tell you that you're not playing 'real' battlefield and should go back to COD.

I'm a BF vet and have always preferred the smaller game modes :smile:
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Unless you get paid to play a game then I'm afraid in my eyes your a casual gamer, yes people take games a bit to series serious than others but unless playing games puts food on your table your a casual gamer.

The reason LVLCAP goes on about BF1 being casual is so he can get the click bait views, it's a lot easier to make a whining video than one with some substance. Plus remember the live reveal of BF1 when Simon from NEEB'S Gaming kept killing him and matimiO, you can't edit out had game play at a live event.

As for elitism in BATTLEFIELD it's most defiantly here, but you will find it in pretty much every game just try not to be one of em and rise above it.

@woll3 that video, I never played the old BF games on PC was that what it was like, I think I saw someone not use a rocket launcher or a tank to get a kill but not meny.

I have seen that happen to Xfaptor a couple of times as well. Someone in the CTE was kicking his head in(had him down like 0-6 at one point iirc) and he was just screaming hacker, "reported" him, it was hilarious.

It's ironic; these YouTubers thinking they are so L33T stomping little kids who've just started playing the game yet cry and scream hacker the instant anyone starts betting them
  • obisearch
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Opinions are like a holes, everyone has one.....
    However opinions are not facts. If someone says that hard-line is the best in the series doesn't make it untrue or true it's just opinion, certainly hard-line did some things very well.

Anyway nobodies opinion is gospel if YouTube's hump BF4 so what? I think BF4 sucks and pails in comparison to bf3. I also think that bf1 is my favourite. Does my opinion stand higher than yours? No
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Oh yes, I remember seeing LevelCap getting constantly killed by Simon of all people. It must have been humiliating to lose against almost undoubtedly the worst FPS player in the history of human kind.

All of these BF YouTubers going on about 'casul game lol' would get their heads kicked in by actual professional BF players. Put them all in one team against someone like Relaa, and they'll be killed in a matter of seconds. These people also loved to abuse use mechanics in previous BF games that allowed one to dominate without any effort, such as M16A3s, M416s, grenades, Little Birds, laser sights, foregrips with no downsides and so on.

I agree with the rest of the post as well; if you don't make any money from the game, you're almost definitely a casual gamer. The only exceptions that I can think of are flight and racing sims, as those are technically 'games', but some people use them for practicing real-life scenarios.

• herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People like to think that old Games are better then new ones.

I played bf1942, moh and CoD when they came out. And loved them. Never played Bf2 because my PC was Bad at the time and i was still in school.
  • Prep768
    3476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Hands up who gives a [hoot] what Level Cap says?
    Anyone?
  • Temp1st
    2493 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Let's not forget Lvlcap trashed on the skill cannon SLR's (Seb06/RSC/AL8) and said Seb16 was the best SLR in the game for the longest time..

Let that sink in.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3089 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Temp1st wrote: »
    Let's not forget Lvlcap trashed on the skill cannon SLR's (Seb06/RSC/AL8) and said Seb16 was the best SLR in the game for the longest time..

Let that sink in.

Watching him play medic is a how not to guide, "Hay level you going to heal that guy, no, ok how about reviving that downed play, no never mind"
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do, he is my idol and I always believe anything he says because he is soooo experienced on FPS games and Battlefield in particular so he can't never be wrong and he is funny and clever and I love him okay?

Leave Levelcap alone!! You are lucky he even uploads for you, ****! Plz!!

I knew it you are matimiO

Dude, it was a secret, come on...
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    bran1986 wrote: »
    The last time I watched him play on twitch with some of his subscribers, he blamed them for everything going wrong, especially his poor performance. He degraded them to the point of being a total tool. He should be glad it wasn't me or we would have had words over how rude he was being to his fans. I'll never watch him on youtube or twitch because of it. If that's how you treat fans, I'd hate to see how he treats the real people in his life.
    The dude's just a total d-bag.
    Post edited by x_Undaunted_x on
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wut? My peasant brain can’t compute
  • JGillyRamsFan23
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    The fact that any of these Youtubers are even being mentioned means that they're doing their job well... whether the feedback of their content is positive or negative, their name is still in your mouth...

... try putting yourself in their shoes, I'm sure it's not as easy as it may seem...