Obliteration needed!!!!

Urantianshooter
11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Add Obliteration to BF1 and I'll pick up again. Major error removing this game mode. Check the PS4 servers. We have mostly 140s playing this mode religiously... It is BY FAR the most exciting team based/objective based mode... ever... I don't think players gave it a chance as it takes some time to understand and get squads on strategic thinking. Planting the bomb and defusing with all the action is heart pumping and exhilarating. I have not found anything to match that feeling in other modes... thx...

Comments

• MarxistDictator
    4877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah oblit was lit. That and Chainlink are the best modes from BF4 that are conspicuously absent from this game.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    But War pigeons is kinda like Obliteration in many ways. Just smaller map and infantry only.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Does the game not play without it?
    Yes it does, so it's not needed, its wanted.

There was probably a reason for it's removal and it certainly wasn't the best game mode ever :lol: or the game would be built on that.
  • Urantianshooter
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Okay so it's wanted
  • Urantianshooter
    Wat pigeons is a far cry from Obliteration... yes kinda the same, but, not... BF4 is far from dead. Still the BEST modern shooter out there. Chainlink WAS awesome too. Much like the gameplay of Battlefront, I mean BF1, there was no logical reason to remove Obliteration. Maybe DICE can enlighten me???
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So this is basically a BF4 is the best shooter around blah blah.

Just go play it, its still there.
  • trip1ex
    4698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    But War pigeons is kinda like Obliteration in many ways. Just smaller map and infantry only.

I wish but alas it's not at all.
  • trip1ex
    4698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    Oblit definitely was the best game mode they've introduced in quite some time. Everyone that joined our server always gave the mode great complements.

Why was it so great?

1) 2-way action. One minute you're pushing the bomb towards the target, the next minute the enemy has it back and has you on the defensive.

2) Battles over the bomb erupt all over the place. You never really know when a big battle is going to break nor where.

3) Lots of using vehicles to make runs with the bomb and giving players rides. Exciting use of vehicles including transport vehicles to move players and the bomb.

4) Can't just camp a spot because the bomb moves. Gotta be ready to move with the bomb.

5) You can end the game early if enemy isn't playing the objectives. A game can last only ~5 minutes if the enemy insists on not playing the objectives.

6) Battles are super intense at mcom spots. There is lots of incentive to do what it takes to keep the pressure on and blow up that target because blowing even 1 target is a big deal and can win you the game.

7) There are 3 targets. You never know which one an enemy will hit. Can't just camp an objective.