I'm almost to the point of retiring my syringe for good

Comments

• GyposEyelash
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I disagree with much of this thread. Whilst I agree there is a certain type of medic that never revives, most are pretty good. In fact the other night I went 29-6, not because I'm good, but because I was playing on a team with medics that actually revived when they could. I had to skip some because I did not want these medics to run to there death trying to revive me.

Most medics that are not interested in reviving tend to run a rifle grenade anyway and challenges that force players to use the rifle grenade don't help either.
  • ShintyShinto
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I understand it's a pisstake for good medics (personally I always give medics a chance, sometimes even wait extra if it's promising) but it is even more annoying having 10 brain-dead medics – and a dozen others who aren't even registered because they don't have a syringe – trample over your corpse only to die a noob's death moments later.

Maybe we should have it so that you can't skip to the spawn screen but you can skip a revive once it's happened, like you used to be able to do.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I understand it's a pisstake for good medics (personally I always give medics a chance, sometimes even wait extra if it's promising) but it is even more annoying having 10 brain-dead medics – and a dozen others who aren't even registered because they don't have a syringe – trample over your corpse only to die a noob's death moments later.

Maybe we should have it so that you can't skip to the spawn screen but you can skip a revive once it's happened, like you used to be able to do.
    Thats a much better solution then current one.
  • Emfysem
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I quit using syringe long ago because of this.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've been running medic lately and have had a mixed experience, some wait, some don't, its the guys that when spotted to let them know I'm on my way, wait till you're near them, then skip, they definitely do it on purpose.

I'm quite aware of my surroundings so won't rush revive if I know there's danger around, no point both dying.

I have found though, when I have no intention of going for the revive because of the danger, when I'm trying to spot the enemy, it also spots the player needing a revive and let's them know I'm coming, when in actual fact, I'm not, I could see why that might make people skip instead of waiting next time.

All in all, I found it to be not to bad an experience.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    I've been running medic lately and have had a mixed experience, some wait, some don't, its the guys that when spotted to let them know I'm on my way, wait till you're near them, then skip, they definitely do it on purpose.

I'm quite aware of my surroundings so won't rush revive if I know there's danger around, no point both dying.

I have found though, when I have no intention of going for the revive because of the danger, when I'm trying to spot the enemy, it also spots the player needing a revive and let's them know I'm coming, when in actual fact, I'm not, I could see why that might make people skip instead of waiting next time.

All in all, I found it to be not to bad an experience.

Spotting ahead of the revive is never a bad thing, if you make it or not, it gives me time to put the coffee back down.
  • olavafar
    2238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do not have a problem on either end of the syringe really. If people skip, it is their problem. If I went to their corpse in vain and there are some potential points I did not get... Well, I'm capped anyhow so who needs points. Only time I get a bit annoyed is when the syringe glitches and does not revive so I get a bit stuck on that corpse for a while.

I see all revives to myself as pure benefit when it happens. It was me who died in the first place so I cannot really put it on the medics that I suck a bit.

"
    O man, when it's good it's great
    When bad it's still OK
    I'm just glad when it comes my way.

"
    (Alex Hellid, Entombed)
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I always wait for a revive if my screen tells me there is a Medic nearby. Why not wait? What I don't get is why people skip a revive almost as soon as they have died?
  • LuridFTW
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    I agree completely, more time than not people will skip revives and end up getting me killed or missing the one who won’t skip.

If they have to wait to spawn anyway, why not make skipping impossible until they can deploy. I’m so sorry if they miss out on 10 seconds of deciding what class and weapon to switch to. There should be a minimum of 10 seconds before they can skip revive.

I’ll admit, I do skip some revives when I’m frustrated and not thinking.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is it just me, or do more and more players that die drop down on places a medic can't get to?

At this moment I see at least 3 players per round drop under or in a tree/rock/wall or something else and I am unable to revive them even when I stand straight on them and can physically touch them ..

It is annoying, cause they didn't skip revive, I risked a life to get there and then I can't revive them ..

It feels like this is happening more since the latest update?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I have to disagree. The skip mechanic lets me stop medics getting killed when I know I'm being corpse camped. If you can only skip after revive you have no way to stop medics getting killed.

Personally, I think the current revive mechanic is excellent when used well. I even pump the skip button so my corpse alternately flashes to tell a medic "It's dangerous, but I'd still like a revive". People are beginning to 'get it'.

I think it might be better if there was a "DANGER" button and a "DO NOT REVIVE" button rather than "SKIP", but the effect is the same.

Also, there are many good reasons for skipping, primarily not wanting to get the medic killed, but also when you are desperate for ammo or really need to spawn on a squad mate elsewhere, etc.

And there are many good reasons a medic won't revive. They may know your corpse is in a dangerous spot when you don't - your killcam doesn't give you a perfect view. They may not see you - your corpse is rarely actually exactly where it seems to be, so when you see them 1 meter away looking right at you, you are actually 10 meters away having rolled down a hill or fallen over a wall and are not in view.

I hear a lot of whining on both sides of the situation. People need to have more understanding (of the mechanic and of each other).

Remember when in beta there was "I need a revive" command? I think it should turn in some way or another. At least decent medics will know you're expecting them to come. But nothing will help when all of them a clueless potatos.
  • Febelas
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dj4047 wrote: »
    Most people skip revives because medics are terrible. I think a lot of players would rather be at the spawn screen planning their next spawn over watching 10 medics run over their body.

Skipping is good for nothing,people that skip instantly just dont understand the game at all. Is it more fun to wait in the spawnscreen?
    Skip revive was a really,really bad idea.

Depends. On the spawn screen I can switch my kit around and I can watch the way the whole battle is progressing to see where to spawn. Sitting around waiting for a revive that isn't going to come, or tricking a medic into a dangerous area is definitely a worse use of my time.

That said, I think the main contributor to people skipping revives is the fact that you can't actually SEE what nearby medics are doing. If the camera swivelled to look at the medics then the player could get an idea of whether a revive is forthcoming. Most of my skips come about because I can only use their proximity to gauge their awareness and intentions, and I don't have much hope for medics who ignore me for 10 seconds straight or run away from my corpse.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I have to disagree. The skip mechanic lets me stop medics getting killed when I know I'm being corpse camped. If you can only skip after revive you have no way to stop medics getting killed.

Personally, I think the current revive mechanic is excellent when used well. I even pump the skip button so my corpse alternately flashes to tell a medic "It's dangerous, but I'd still like a revive". People are beginning to 'get it'.

I think it might be better if there was a "DANGER" button and a "DO NOT REVIVE" button rather than "SKIP", but the effect is the same.

Also, there are many good reasons for skipping, primarily not wanting to get the medic killed, but also when you are desperate for ammo or really need to spawn on a squad mate elsewhere, etc.

And there are many good reasons a medic won't revive. They may know your corpse is in a dangerous spot when you don't - your killcam doesn't give you a perfect view. They may not see you - your corpse is rarely actually exactly where it seems to be, so when you see them 1 meter away looking right at you, you are actually 10 meters away having rolled down a hill or fallen over a wall and are not in view.

I hear a lot of whining on both sides of the situation. People need to have more understanding (of the mechanic and of each other).

Isn't that me as the Medics choice to decide trying to revive you or not? I understand the skip if dangerous. But if I've spotter you lets give me a chance. I see things that you don't see in the camera angle..
  • bran1986
    5900 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I wouldn't mind a mechanic where a downed player can "warn" a medic, and maybe it will turn their skull red or something. I also use the "pump" the skip button to let fellow medics know there is someone near but I want a revive.
  • Loqtrall
    12417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm a Medic main who has run syringe and med packs since day 1 on Medic class and I fully support the skip revive option.

Why?

Because, to put it frankly, most medics are terrible players who couldn't give two wanks about anyone around them, and who run medic just because they can heal themselves and pick up solely their friends they play with.

I support the skip revive option because of the DOZENS OF TIMES I've sat there for THIRTY SECONDS with friendly medics standing virtually on top of my dead body and not reviving me.

I support the skip revive option because of the HUNDREDS OF TIMES throughout the 15 plus years I've played BF where Medics revive me in the middle of gunfire and get us both killed, and making me wait just to stand up and be instakilled all over again.

Medics think it's stingy or a horrible mechanic - but for God's sake, people - it INDICATES when someone is skipping. The skip mechanic is not instantaneous, like you walked up to someones dead body and they just disappear into thin air.

The death indicator blinks for an extended period of time before you skip to the deploy screen.

Take time out of your Rambo revival spree to actually think if it's WISE to revive that player - or even if that player wants to be revived as you ignore the 3 enemy players just 15m to his right that just killed him and are about to start firing on you.

I see people complain that they run all the way out into the open to revive someone and they just skip out and leave that person to get shot at and die in the open - but what sense does that make when the guy you're reviving is ALSO out in the open, and is going to be a prone sitting duck when you revive them?

Why revive a guy after he just got sniped and said sniper is probably watching you run up to the body to revive just so he can get a double kill, or at least a completely free and effortless kill on the guy who JUST died?

That's why I support the skip revive option - Because most Medics either don't revive even though they're standing on top of you, or are SO focused on reviving that they don't actually use their brain and waste as many tickets as they're saving.

I've seen people on this very forum claim they have like 0.5 or 0.7 kill-death ratios because they only focus on reviving - like if you're dying that much while doing nothing but reviving, how is that good for the team effort at all?

Reviving everyone in your sight does not make you a good medic - it means you probably revive a ton of people that end up dying seconds afterward, and you probably end up dying many times right alongside those you just revived - or just flat out died on the way to revive said people.

Not every revive is needed, nor is every revive a smart idea.
  • disposalist
    8842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 2018

Isn't that me as the Medics choice to decide trying to revive you or not? I understand the skip if dangerous. But if I've spotter you lets give me a chance. I see things that you don't see in the camera angle..
    And I can see things you don't also. If I know for sure there is a hidden enemy watching my corpse, then I would like to avoid getting the medic killed. Spotting me doesn't make it safe, it just says you intend to get to me.

No people shouldn't skip if they are spotted unless they are sure it's not safe, but if you spot someone and they still keep skipping you're asking to die if you still try and revive.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A medic should realize that sometimes it is a better to keep your team alive then kill 1 or 2 enemies.

Just an example..

Medics gotta know what their job is on the battlefield.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A lot of medics don't seem to revive. So a lot of players have gotten used to not receiving a revive and just skip. I pretty much always wait and still don't get revived most of the time even when medics are nearby and I'm in a relatively safe area. Plus, if you're not within 20 meters of their body, they can't see you as nearby so you need to spot them to let them know you're coming. So many medics don't use that feature either. I only really skip when I'm out of ammo, really want to change my class, or the area is too dangerous for a medic to even try reviving me.
  • KILLUNCLE84
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I use all the medic specific perks -Smoke on team mates when spotted - Sprint Boost on revival for both parties and 18 (ish) health given to me every time I heal anyone. This makes you a revival, healing paramedic legend. The sprint boost seems to mess with peoples aim due to the unusual movement speed and the smoke is obviously useful. The few health points I do get from “Reciprocation” mean I don’t have to worry about my own health as much whilst jabbing people with the miracle hyperdermic.