Twice you've said gift battlepacks now, and I didn't get them

Comments

• crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No matter what you think of battlepacks or skins, complaining on these forums won't get you anywhere. DICE said that they're looking into it, so lets just leave it to them for now. Most of their staff is on holiday now, so there isn't much they can do. If you really want those packs now, you can always try using EA Support until you get an agent who gives you those packs in just a few minutes.

To be honest, I'm not surprised that something like this has happened. DICE is like the personification of Murphy's Law: if something can go wrong, it will go wrong.

Even their last patch brought some ridiculous bugs, such as the Flying Dutchman Dreadnaught and the shotgun sound glitch, where getting hit by just one set of pellets from a shotgun sounds like getting hit by hundreds of rifle rounds all at once.

Tbh the automatico shotgun isn't actually bad; techincally you are hit with several pellets and if you are killed you can hear they landed majority if not all shots on you.

It's weird and disorientating but I honestly hope it stays
  • DigitalHype
    807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    HuwJarz wrote: »

There are many threads full of people wailing all over the forums, not just in here, but also in the platform specific sections. One might have thought DICE had committed some heinous crime given the tone of some of them. EA put out a statement saying they are aware if the issue, i.e, it will get sorted.

There is a big difference between a scheduled UI interface update, where the work is preplanned and packaged & affects only the UI, to a potential bug fix affecting customer data. These are not carried out by the same people.

As with previous errors of this type, it will get sorted. When people get back to work. This is hardly a priority, but it seems like there are gallons of salty tears over something that is ridiculously trivial. Noone has lost anything. There is a giveaway that people just need to wait a little longer for. Noone is disadvantaged and the giveaway is for a product that has no functional benefit!

I'm not the one that needs to calm down.

I only made the post because it happened again, just a few days after the first instance of it, which was still not resolved. Us customers aren't aware of all the inner workings of Dice/EA/Uprise. If others have knowlege that this is a systemic problem, which needs correcting, then that is helpful information. I'm not (or at least wasn't) aware that these UI updates were preplanned and unmanned operations. For myself (and probably others), it just looked like someone was repeatedly making the same error.

The other threads where moderators stated "we're aware. probably fixed after the holidays" were posted shortly after Dec 25th instance, and before the Dec 29th instance. So, It seemed to me (not knowing that the UI updates were preplanned/scripted far in advance), that they must have though they'd fixed the problem. Else why would they do another UI update saying here are some more gifts, which they can't actual give out yet.

What you and others seem to be indicating, is that until some paticular person or group comes back from holiday, they can't make the actual delivery of these preplanned gift items work. Thus, there is potential for other preplanned UI messages that may or state we have a gift. These will likely not actually be gifted, until a later date when someone comes back from holiday to correct the issue(s). If I were Uprise (I'm told that is whom handles this part of it), I would just cancel further preplanned UI messages, until the problem was sorted. Just from a PR perspective. Doing that after the 25th instance would have seem prudent. But, maybe canelling thos UI gift messages would have required someone to work on their holiday, too. If a few seconds over a VPN to flip some bits would have stopped it, probably worth it. But, that is up to them, of course.

All in all, it isn't a big deal. But, still was worth posting about it repeatedly happening, in order to make sure someone had the heads-up that it was still broken, but messages were still rolling out on the UI.
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Same here. Haven't received a single one of the battlepacks it said it would give out and I checked community missions every time just in case.

I don't want the billhook or anything.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

If anyone else was looking forward to these battlepacks, you should open the game right now.
  • Prep768
    3450 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »

Why would you think something in a battlepack would be life changing? The entire game isn't even life changing. Who had the expectation that "the DICE team would cut their holidays short"?

Anyway someone did update the UI, twice, over the holiday, to announce these three gifts. So, It seemed prudent to post that no one seemed to actually be getting them. It seems a moderator has since responded that they were aware of the first one. But, It was inconclusive if they were aware this same problem repated again. Sometimes people think things are fixed, and they aren't.

It must be that the person updating the UI (over the holiday) is not at all connected with whomever at Dice/EA that would actually send the battlepacks. I think I'm surprised its such a complicated process that would require people to end their vacation/holiday in order to do. But, if so, no one wants anyone to do that over a battlepack. Calm down. Stop trying to be cute.

There are many threads full of people wailing all over the forums, not just in here, but also in the platform specific sections. One might have thought DICE had committed some heinous crime given the tone of some of them. EA put out a statement saying they are aware if the issue, i.e, it will get sorted.

There is a big difference between a scheduled UI interface update, where the work is preplanned and packaged & affects only the UI, to a potential bug fix affecting customer data. These are not carried out by the same people.

As with previous errors of this type, it will get sorted. When people get back to work. This is hardly a priority, but it seems like there are gallons of salty tears over something that is ridiculously trivial. Noone has lost anything. There is a giveaway that people just need to wait a little longer for. Noone is disadvantaged and the giveaway is for a product that has no functional benefit!

I'm not the one that needs to calm down.

Good job it's not xp boosts eh?
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/127454/new-ui-and-my-bank-of-squad-boosts#latest
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

If anyone else was looking forward to these battlepacks, you should open the game right now.

Dauumn, here come my 540 free scraps.
  • James-MII
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I can also confirm I just got both packs, scrapped everything as they were all duplicates but thanks for the gesture :)
  • NLBartmaN
    4288 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    James-MII wrote: »
    I can also confirm I just got both packs, scrapped everything as they were all duplicates but thanks for the gesture :)

Got them too, 2 legendary skins I did not have, XP boost and puzzle piece I allready had, but needed the scrap :smile:
  • James-MII
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    James-MII wrote: »

Got them too, 2 legendary skins I did not have, XP boost and puzzle piece I allready had, but needed the scrap :smile:

Good to hear they’re rolling out now :)
  • boutneus
    2479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oooow scraps lol
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4253 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 wrote: »

Lol - and I got them back a few days after that public holiday when DICE got back to work.I also posted my experiences in dealing with customer support when the boosts did NOT get fixed by the fix that DICE implemented. It all went fine when I called EA support and was incredibly polite and respectful of their staff.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm move convinced everyday that people have entirely too much time on their hands.
  • biketankbob
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Logged on today 1/3 and had 2 superior battlepacks .
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Somehow I only needed one Billhook piece and 3 Kukuri but got the Kukuri.

Pretty neat little weapon.
  • trip1ex
    5080 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I was getting pretty close to 500 unopened backpacks er I mean battlepacks last time I checked.
  • MarxistDictator
    5066 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for the 1080 scraps dice

no rhor ;(
  • Pabodie1931
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just got the Battle Packs even though I didn't qualify for them :)
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I got mine and they had a super rare cloak of invisibility and a party hat. I'm stoked.
  • bleachee
    970 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Only skin I didn't have in these two revisions was the Rohr. Pulled it in the second pack and banked the rest as scraps. Merry Christmas!
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    oh look at that 1080 scrap

FANCY THAT.