i want bf1 to flop

WriteToRopox
159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
maybe then dice will stop being lazy and produce a game that is both authentic and skill based, as opposed to a ww2 game marketed as a ww1 game with rng and other nonsense

Comments

• I_PingviN_I
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    When has Battlefield ever been "authentic"? Go play ARMA, you're playing the wrong game.
  • WriteToRopox
    When has Battlefield ever been "authentic"? Go play ARMA, you're playing the wrong game.

pretty much always. you are confusing authenticity with realism
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    maybe then dice will stop being lazy and produce a game that is both authentic and skill based, as opposed to a ww2 game marketed as a ww1 game with rng and other nonsense

Et tu Brute?
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 2016
    DICE is certainly taking a risk with this game. They seem set on trying to annoy most players. The game is set in WW1 which is a strange period for a FPS which annoys people who wanted a modern or futuristic game. Then they add lots of automatic weapons and features that shouldn't exist in that time period which annoys people who actually wanted a WW1 game. Finally they annoy the WWII crowd because WWI isn't really like WWII. I mean BF1 plays more like a WWII game but doesn't have the variety a WWII game could have and this disappoints a lot of people.
    So yeah, not sure what DICE was thinking with this one.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I'm annoyed that BF1 is yet another BF game where parachutes magically repack themselves after being deployed and there are gadgets that magically resurrect those shot dead.
    -
    And yet I'll still buy BF1 since it's going to be a fun game to play. Imagine that.
  • RosscoSan
    769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't think any multiplayer is authentic. 32 vs 32 in one area where they constantly respawn not much room for authenticity in that mix.

I'm sure the campaign will be more authentic starting off with not a whole lot and finishing with lots.
  • Lunkwow
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1 will succeed or fail based on how many copies it sales, if its sales around what BF4 sold tend it will probably be a success.

I myself was hoping for a WWII game at first but BF1 surprised me in a good way and it is just what I wanted a older war with the BF4 formula of having all weapons and vehicles for all factions.

• DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

What BF game/s do you consider to be "authentic and skill based" then?
  • WriteToRopox

pretty much any previous ones. authentic doesn't mean realistic. but atleast other games had weapons that mostly matched the setting, even if some were prototype. where as this game completely fails to capture ww1, its merely used as marketing. so now we have a game that is not really ww1, but it can't be as varied as a ww2 game either, because it still has to stick to the ww1 marketing

and before someone says that bf4 also uses a lot of future technology and prototype weapons, im well aware of that. but bf4 is not geared towards a specific conflict, so it doesn't have to stay true to anything, really

and as for skillbased, this is the second game with rng spread and first without ticketbleed, melee attacks are extremely silly too. the dumbing down is real, even though it happened big time with bf4 too
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

pretty much any previous ones. authentic doesn't mean realistic. but atleast other games had weapons that mostly matched the setting, even if some were prototype. where as this game completely fails to capture ww1, its merely used as marketing. so now we have a game that is not really ww1, but it can't be as varied as a ww2 game either, because it still has to stick to the ww1 marketing

and before someone says that bf4 also uses a lot of future technology and prototype weapons, im well aware of that. but bf4 is not geared towards a specific conflict, so it doesn't have to stay true to anything, really

and as for skillbased, this is the second game with rng spread and first without ticketbleed, melee attacks are extremely silly too. the dumbing down is real, even though it happened big time with bf4 too

All the weapons in BF1 ARE authentic!! They were developed in that time period. Go do some research.

• RosscoSan
    769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    but atleast other games had weapons that mostly matched the setting, even if some were prototype. where as this game completely fails to capture ww1

Pick a gun in the game and post proof that it wasn't used in ww1, then we will listen to you. otherwise quit playing games because you have completely missed the point of them.
  • doctorrocktor
    1795 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    oh flop off.
  • Crispy_Pinguin
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This discussion will go no where! In max 10 comments it will derail into **** to each other!
  • DeadlyIntention
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I've played Arma, big difference trying to compare to bf1, reason is that Arma was designed strictly for pc the consoles couldn't handle or run it, so some compromises has to be done for console.
  • WriteToRopox
    RosscoSan wrote: »
    but atleast other games had weapons that mostly matched the setting, even if some were prototype. where as this game completely fails to capture ww1

Pick a gun in the game and post proof that it wasn't used in ww1, then we will listen to you. otherwise quit playing games because you have completely missed the point of them.

90% of weapons are prototype automatic weapons. not saying those shouldn't exist, but why is every soldier running around with an automatic. what about artillery or trech warfare? once again, they could play atleast some sort of a role in the game
  • DeadlyIntention
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    I'm annoyed that BF1 is yet another BF game where parachutes magically repack themselves after being deployed and there are gadgets that magically resurrect those shot dead.
    -
    And yet I'll still buy BF1 since it's going to be a fun game to play. Imagine that.
    If they made people to pack their own parachutes in the game they wouldn't be playing much due to spending at 10 to 15 minutes packing the chute.
  • Red_Spider
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Live QA, Battlefield V
    edited August 2016
    maybe then dice will stop being lazy and produce a game that is both authentic
    Have you played the game or read any of the press around Battlefield 1? It's been marked as the most authentic Battlefield game DICE have made...
    `
    Here is a special edition video from The Great War focusing on the authenticity on Battlefield 1

`
    And some more articles on it's authenticity
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/05/14/battlefield-1-historical-breakdown/
    http://www.gamezone.com/originals/alpha-preview-battlefield-1-offers-authentic-chaotic-and-epic-battles-k15i
    `
    Here's also a great video from @ThePoolshark on Authentivity Vs Realism

`
    #MicDrop
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Red_Spider wrote: »
    maybe then dice will stop being lazy and produce a game that is both authentic
    Have you played the game or read any of the press around Battlefield 1? It's been marked as the most authentic Battlefield game DICE have made...
    `
    Here is a special edition video from The Great War focusing on the authenticity on Battlefield 1

`
    And some more articles on it's authenticity
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/05/14/battlefield-1-historical-breakdown/
    http://www.gamezone.com/originals/alpha-preview-battlefield-1-offers-authentic-chaotic-and-epic-battles-k15i
    `
    Here's also a great video from @ThePoolshark on Authentivity Vs Realism

`
    #MicDrop

*Snaps fingers*Oh no you didnt.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This discussion will go no where! In max 10 comments it will derail into **** to each other!

This is post number 6 :)
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2016

Being we have only seen maybe 10% of what might be in this game through the trailers and the Alpha test so far, I don't understand how you can call Dice lazy. Looks like an extremely ambitious project to me.

This discussion has been closed.