This place is more inactive than I expected.

13»

Comments

  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Toxic_CA wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Give it sometime, This place will be rocking in a couple of weeks

    People been saying this since this forum was created :(
    But I still don't really see much progress towards population or the forum in general.

    Eh.. I guess i'm still here for some reason. Ill likely stick around until it gets better, or until its so dead there is no point in staying.

    I don't know - I've been here since day 1, and at that time the most people you'd ever see online at one time was like 15-25.

    Now, there are 96 online, and it's kind of a slow day. After the BF1 reveal, I saw over TWO HUNDRED online, whereas on the previous day, the peak was about 35.

    So after the game is released, expect inflation in the number of active users on the forums.

    Yeah everyone is going to flock to the forums and say "BF1 SUCKS BF4 IS WAY BETTER" Just like they did when bf4 released and bf3 released and so on and so forth

    It's just the nature of the community.

    It's just the nature of gamers.

    Eh, I've been a part of plenty gaming communities that weren't nearly as whiny and toxic as this one. If I didn't love BF so much and been a regular on BF forums for years, I probably wouldn't even participate here. BF2 forums back in the day were a lot more civil.

    Either way - today seems to be a pretty popular day:

    8YTo7Pp.png


    Like I said - when the game comes out, this place will more than likely be populated to hell and back just like BL at BF4's release.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Back in the day = nostalgia.
    I'm talking about gamers today.
    As for toxic communities, every game has them. EVERY.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    Back in the day = nostalgia.
    I'm talking about gamers today.
    As for toxic communities, every game has them. EVERY.

    Meh, the Overwatch and WoW communities are significantly less toxic than this community has been for the past 5 years.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    The Destiny and the Division communities are more toxic than this one.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    The Destiny and the Division communities are more toxic than this one.

    That's probably because those guys are discussing a game that's literally a giant slot machine disguised as a shallow video game.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited June 2016
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    The Destiny and the Division communities are more toxic than this one.

    That's probably because those guys are discussing a game that's literally a giant slot machine disguised as a shallow video game.

    Toxicity is toxicity, even if it is deserved in some cases. Just shows that toxicity is present in every gaming community (for reasons deserved or imagined).
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    The Destiny and the Division communities are more toxic than this one.

    That's probably because those guys are discussing a game that's literally a giant slot machine disguised as a shallow video game.

    Toxicity is toxicity, even if it is deserved in some cases. Just shows that toxicity is present in every gaming community (for reasons deserved or imagined).

    That's very different from you saying that toxicity is just the nature of gamers. That's a pretty big generalization.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    The Destiny and the Division communities are more toxic than this one.

    That's probably because those guys are discussing a game that's literally a giant slot machine disguised as a shallow video game.

    Toxicity is toxicity, even if it is deserved in some cases. Just shows that toxicity is present in every gaming community (for reasons deserved or imagined).

    That's very different from you saying that toxicity is just the nature of gamers. That's a pretty big generalization.

    Yes but I still think toxicity is just the nature of gamers (some gamers more than others).
  • KBK_Nightmare
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hai guys how are you ?
  • Crispy_Pinguin
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thats why i'm trying to get that groups thing going! + this forum will become more active when the beta and eventually the game is released!
  • BaronVonGoon
    6731 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe it seems less active because the mods have gone on a rampage since these forums opened and banned all the morons who add toxicity to this place. Can't complain about that.
  • KBK_Nightmare
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Nobel83-9 wrote: »
    Maybe it seems less active because the mods have gone on a rampage since these forums opened and banned all the morons who add toxicity to this place. Can't complain about that.

    Im still alive!
  • Professor_Memes
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It is true, this place is rather dead. Hey, at least now I can just pop in once a day (if that) for like 10 minutes, post some replies, and not be tempted to spend long amounts of time in active threads.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is true, this place is rather dead. Hey, at least now I can just pop in once a day (if that) for like 10 minutes, post some replies, and not be tempted to spend long amounts of time in active threads.

    Just wait for the game to come out - this place will be booming (even if it's gonna be booming with mostly whiners)
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    ^^^^^ Exactly this.
    -
    When the BF1 alpha was released, this forum's average number of participants when from around 40 - 60 to upwards of 300.
    -
    It has since settled back to the 50 - 70 range.
  • smw34
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I was part of the original forumfield and I can honestly say it's the mods who are killing the community. Heaven forbid you crack a joke or two with out being threatened with a ban.
  • KBK_Nightmare
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    smw34 wrote: »
    Yeah I was part of the original forumfield and I can honestly say it's the mods who are killing the community. Heaven forbid you crack a joke or two with out being threatened with a ban.

    Wait whoru again?
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Someone who hasn't had any interest to discuss anything BF-related since 2005.
Sign In or Register to comment.